Assetto Corsa Round 5 Lausitzring GP

Discussion in 'ADAC Formula 4 Closed' started by John vd Geest, May 21, 2023.

1. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

Quali was awesome close. Top 3 in 0.03s :eek: In the race I focused on saving fuel from the start and didn't want to fight a lot with the guys arround. Sadly @Michał Mazurek had a moment in the fast left and I opened the corner to avoid him. That went good but we touched in the next corner where I tought I left enough space on the inside but I have not seen a replay yet. I lost control there and I guess @Tim Muttram couldn't avoid me. In the end finished 3s behind @Zakk Finnie. Not bad considering I lost about 10s in the crash. On to the next one :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

To be honest, when I drove the car the first time after my skin selection, I was also baffled. Seems this skin pack is very realistic regarding the tyres, because back in the day, prior to 2009 respectively from 98 onwards - F1 had only grooved tyres and no slicks.
    So I was a bit concerned that the skin pack is also realistic regarding the performance, which means grooved tyres are generally slower than slicks. But as Tim perfectly explained it, it is just a skin.

Anyway regarding the question, how other guys can be that fast. I would agree, it comes through the corners, more precisely carrying speed through the corners. It is tough to get the right feeling for the limit of the car in these sections.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Qualifying: P1 - it was an even fight until the last lap.
    Race: I started poorly as in most cases. Statistically, I manage 1/10, but there are no such long seasons ;) so here I am where I am.
    I lost two positions and Tim was already behind me. On the third lap I overtook Kiril for my fastest time, unfortunately a few corners later I skidded, stayed on track but caused a bit of a stir behind me. I got hit from behind by Kiril and in the next bumpy corner we meet again. (I didn't feel contact at that moment)
    The pursuit of Zakk was unsuccessful, the car didn't run the same.
    After the pit stops I was sure I would finish P2, but it turned out that Kiril had other plans. Good tactic, I think you were the only one who counted the fuel correctly. I am all the more sorry that we met at that corner, and also pity Tim, who was a completely innocent victim of this incident.
    Congratulations Zakk, great start, good pace, good finish position

• Like Like x 2
  4. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

The aero on these seems to be very efficient, so because the main straights are all entered via tight corners I think I played with spring rates and ride height to get the best entry possible. That gave a BIG gain in speed onto the straights and the added drag was only starting to affect my top speed by the time I hit the next braking zone.
    Pretty sure I ran more wing than a few of the cases above - this showed as I also had a lot of speed/stability in the faster sections and could make up time in them as a result.

Think that may be a one-off for this track though as aside from zandvort I've generally used low downforce on tracks with long straights

• Informative Informative x 3