Round 5 Mosport

Discussion in 'GPL Mclaren M2B Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Thanks John
    I really need to find something to go faster. Its difficult to balance work and family while trying to find practice time.
    Cyas soon

2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Don't feel guilty. I have the same problem. Come Friday I've worked all week with little time to spare.
    My only practise consists of the 45 minutes before the race, finding a quick setup that keeps pointing straight and learning the track.

3. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

Another fine drive from Jukka to score the win. Grats!
    Tim as ever a treat to watch and coming home a close P2.
    Laurent a solid P3. Well done.
    I'm still coming to grips with the McLaren and indeed, the AC sim as it's quite foreign to my usual GPL in so many ways. A fairly steep learning curve to consume, I find.
    Some great racing with Maxime & Mikko in those early laps. Very exciting and lotsa fun. Joined around Lap15 by John working his way back up and I saw him closing down on us so it was only a matter of time that the battling trio would be four. Just as he was making his bid to challenge on Lap17, I ran out of gas. Not the car. Me. Fatigue from a shoulder injury I've been sporting since last January meant I had to back out of the battle and take a breather for a couple of laps. Fell back sharply as I was driving most of two laps with one hand. That rest helped and I started to run my fast laps again being quite pleased to dip into the 1m23s bracket. A late-race off on the chute had me doing a Joey Chitwood Thrill Ride with a monster leap over the Moss Corner curbing. YOUCH! Just managed to get it back on the road in front of Jukka and Tim to fall a lap down at the flag. My first race finish in the series so I'm at least pleased with that.
    My thanks to Caitlin Penny for the great video presentation and commentary.
    CYA's in Australia for the season wrap! :)

• Like Like x 5
  4. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

Have been super busy last couple of weeks and have not had time to write anything here. Thanks for congrats for everybody and Caitlin for yet another excellent broadcast, you did very well catching multiple simultaneous fights. Congrats Tim and Laurent for podium and everyone that finished.

I tried to prepare good for this race since 8 point lead over Tim meant if he would win this and last one and if I were 2nd we would be tied on points and was not sure which one would take championship. And since I have already lost 2 championships with tied points I tried hard to win this one to have not so much pressure for last one. Qually seemed really tight but managed to do personal best and got pole. Start was not optimal thou and Tim got me on T1. Tried to push hard to not let Tim disappear to horizont like he has done couple of times. Got lucky when Tim went little wide on last corner and I got good exit and managed to pass him at T1. After that it was extremely tight battle most of the remaining time but somehow I managed to keep Tim behind. Excellent battles through the grid all the time, good racing guys :)

• Like Like x 3