rFactor 2 Round 5 Nurburgring

Discussion in 'World Series by Renault Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 11, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I will be away from 17th-25th Sept so will not be able to personally host this race live. Would those of you running please use the in-game voting system to advance the Practice session to Qualifying at the scheduled time. Thank you.

• Informative Informative x 2
  3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Well done everyone.

Pretty awful race from me, whenever I have a bad one I have no technical problems. Lol.

Qualified ok, but my setup was off. I was chewing up front tyres very quickly, they were finished by the end of the race.

I really don’t like the Nurburgring, I can never hook up laps around that course for some reason and I lose time everywhere.

So just not good enough from me in this occasion. Feeling very tired as well after working in the warehouse this morning so that probably didn’t help my concentration levels. No excuse though.

Well done to the top three, great job :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

What an eventfull event.
    Due to own mistakes, i wrecked my front tyres and 1st stint was hard. Had to tune force strenght to like 40% to save my hands lol.
    after pits it was flatout to finish.
    Good fights, space given both ways. Great stuff!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

I agree. Start was great and was in the middle of 3 wide going into turn 1. But I backed out thinking that would not end well. Eventually made my way to lead of the race for a few laps. Thought I had a great pit stop but found out after I was about 6-7 seconds slower. Odd as I had no damage and I nailed the pit entry. When I came out I was behind the leaders. I burned up two sets of tires. Can't seem to race hard and make the tires last. Doesn't seem possible. Grats to Toni and Caitlin. Looks like 2nd place in the championship will be decided in the final round. Looking forward to that!

• Like Like x 1
  6. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

Fantastic run with Didier in the closing laps. I seemed to have a tire advantage but even with DRS Didier was faster down the straights.

Whenever his tire issues gave me an advantage in a corner, he was able to recover before the next. It was a great tussle and we always left each other room in the critical moments. But then i spun up into a spin coming out of T3 on the last lap and that was that. It was a very pleasurable race. Thanks for the fun Didier!

• Like Like x 4
  7. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

Thank you Barrett, the wing on medium favored me in straight line and less in turns, especially at the end with the tire wear.
    I really struggled at the end and I wouldn't have lasted 5 more minutes in front of you :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

interesting. Yeah I was toying with high or medium package. Went for high in the end as it was kind of even on pace overall. Well done for making the tyres last though! :)

• Informative Informative x 1