rFactor 2 Round 5 Oulton Park

Discussion in 'Historic F3 Challenge Closed' started by Sean Devlin, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Alex Skinner

Alex Skinner Pro Driver

Apologies for the race 1 issues.
    OBS decided to have a toddler tantrum and then the overlay picked up the classic F1 server (LOL).

Race 2 went flawless!

Will post the championship implications shortly

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Well I really did not expected you rejoining the in that manner. Nowhere to go for me, Bret had not more luck crashing into John.

A shame for that battle but ok, you are not the only one who did a mistake today.
    Me either, sorry Angelo, I was too greedy holding the outside line. Should have gave up the place, this would also made Barretts life easier who crashed into you. Normally I am not the one who forces the issue but here I was too egoistic and misjudged that even a small contact has great consequences with these cars. And I was mad that Pierre punted me at the hairpin at lap one. But as John stated braking with cold tyres and a bad view on the reference point makes it very difficult to hit it right and not you opponent. I touched John also so..

You got your redemption in race 2, I wisely opted to open the door for you, likely this time I wouldn´t have that amount of luck again. I hope that closes the case.

In the end such things seem to happen when nearly 20 drivers fighting on a tight track for every inch or centimeter. Which does not mean that we canot do it better.

Second race was better for me and from me, had a bit luck to avoid Jari and John crashing out. And suddenly was in P2 but I was too slow to hold the positon. Strange somehow, I topped the final practise but could not drive a lap as fast as this one.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Alex Skinner

Alex Skinner Pro Driver

For Mazurek to win the title in Race 1 at Spa:
    P1 - Jagger P7 or Lower
    P2 - Jagger P9 or Lower
    P3 - Jagger P10 or Lower
    P4 - Jagger P12 or Lower
    P5 - Jagger P13 or Lower
    P6 - Jagger P14 or Lower
    P7 - Jagger P16 or Lower
    P8 - Jagger P17 or Lower
    P9 - Jagger P19 or Lower
    P10 - Jagger P21 or Lower
    P11 - Jagger P23 or DNF

Anywhere lower and the title goes to the second race.
    Any races where the points difference is 40 will mean the title will go to Mazurek on condition of countback as maximum points gain for the finale is 40.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
  4. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

Dont really know what to feel about this race. Both of them.
    I had fun, the level of the drivers is great. But the number of incidents and accidents in both races goes close to the unaceptable.
    Is even more embarassing when you think that the event is being broadcasted, and there are cars flying off track and crashing everywhere.
    At least with me involved, most of the cases were completely unnecessary. The accident at T1 of Race 1, up until now I cant believe it happened.

Next track is old Spa, and that is a brutal assassin course when you are driving alone, never mind in large groups with the slipstream calling for disaster.
    If we cant find a way to be more sensible and have more respect for each other spaces, will be one of those events where 4 cars finish the race, very very far away from each other.

As for my races today, busted my ass to a front row position (2, in fact). Race 1 was ruined at T1. Race 2 I managed a Podium on the very last corner, but now I know that Philipp was just giving me the position. Which I take it, anyway. :). Apologies accepted and case closed.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Zac Bremner

Zac Bremner Pro Driver

Apologies for my part in the incident at T1 in R2 neither bret or myself could react, but good racing otherwise :))

• Like Like x 2
  6. Bret Metcalf

Bret Metcalf Pro Driver

A mixed bag of ups & downs for me. Was really enjoying race 1, battling with Roel until I got unintentionally knocked off the track at Lodge corner, managed to recover, I met up with Philipp for our regular scrap..haha...that was not to last long as I got killed when someone was recovering from a moment I assume. Pitted and ended up back in 12th which was very disappointing. Race 2 was building up to be a cracker, at the time I was pressurizing Angelo with Zac pressurizing me, then I lost it just behind Angelo on the entry to Old Hall corner, I think (I don't have replays) I tapped Angelo so apologies for that mate, then I think Zac could not avoid me, I went smack into the tyres and quit straight away as the damage was obviously bad. Glad Angelo & Zac got going again.

On a sentimental note (Just sharing...don't ask me why): Oulton Park, in Tarporley Cheshire is very dear to my heart, my late father used to take me there from when I was about 5 years of age up until about 16. What a privilege that was, I watched a lot of the great drivers from yesteryear such as Graham Hill, Jackie Stewart, Joe Bonnier, Jim Clark, John Surtees, Peter Gethin just to name a few...wonderful memories.

Regards,
    Bret

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Does anyone have last night's race one replay file. Many thanks Sean...

8. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

9. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I was the one that was in contact with Angelo in T1, R1 and from my car it looked like he was running wide going into T1 and then cut across the front of me when I was inside. Having reviewed the replay carefully several times, it turns out that was not the case. He was taking a wide entry into the turn and my tighter entry slid me out wider mid turn and our two trajectories then sadly came together, giving a two-into-one doesn't go situation. From on-board his car I can see he would've thought he had been hit from behind, and rightly aggrieved, but that was not the reality of the situation.
    Angelo please accept my apologies for our resultant contact which at least didn't terminate either of our races.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thanks for putting the replays up Ken.