rFactor 2 Round 5 Red Bull Ring - Sun May 29, 2022

Discussion in 'S397 GT3 & (Non-DLC) DPI Multiclass Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 5, 2022.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

r5 dpi.jpg

Welcome to Round 5 Red Bull Ring

Race conditions:

This event will be 100% dry and in daylight

Red Bull Ring Onboard (Spielberg, Austria) -- Mercedes AMG GT4

Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2022
  2. John vd Geest

Server problems fixed

Our server problems are fixed and we're back in business!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. John vd Geest

Acura ARX-05 DPi updated

Update: 5 May @ 11:19pm
    v2.15 Release:
    — New driver animation;
    — New UI icons;
    — Updated windows material and texture;
    — Updated sounds samples for the new requirements;
    — Fixed aero package for Daytona track;
    — Added specific classes for cars from different IMSA seasons.

(gear ratio's from previously saved setups will not work anymore)

Last edited: May 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. John vd Geest

Post-Race interviews

Follow these instructions if any of the drivers (or spectators) would like to be interviewed after the race.

of course, by joining our discord : https : / / discord.gg/HnAXTaMj (delete the spaces), then joining the "General Voice Channel" , then we will drag whoever joins there.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. John vd Geest

SERVER IS UP

6. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

So, when I saw the server was up and the Nordschleife on I thought maybe you are planning a 6 part VLN race through the Green Hell. The car I used, a BMW I think was a blast to drive there.
    I haven't done a race on the Nord for some time. Not a lot of places to pass adds to the drama. I would vote yes.
    Fun for Robert Kubica attacking the Nordschleife

On to the Red Bull Ring

• Like Like x 2
  7. John vd Geest

We had put the Nordschleife up for the members to do time trials on while we fixed our rF2 servers.
    But then we fixed it sooner than we thought, so the need to do that had expired. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Peter Vlaar

Peter Vlaar Pro Driver

What about the track limits, it seems to be impossible to get a cut track warning, there is quite some advantage on extending the track a bit here and there, is this going to be enforced?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2022
  9. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

wow! no warning at all? i've never filed a protest at SRO, but i guess i'll have turn my "record replays" back on so i'll be ready for this one.

• Like Like x 1
  10. John vd Geest

I will let you know what's reasonable and what's over the limit. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Joe Brown

Joe Brown Pro Driver

Anyone else's sounds gone weird since update? The Porsche now only has diff noise, the Bentley sounds like it's next door.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. John vd Geest

Did you try different settings with sound effect? They went up from max. 64 to ca. max. 250 since the update.

13. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

yes, my sound is crappy now.
    worse is a high pitched whine when i enter a server

14. Barrett Erickson

Barrett Erickson Pro Driver

15. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Like others have said. There's no penalty given by rfactor if someone runs off track. Of course missing your braking point or losing control is one thing. During practice I literally missed my braking point as my dog was bothering me, slammed on my brakes, rear end got squiggly and totally screwed up but decided to continue. I came out 4/10 ahead and was still gaining time going down the straight. I see a problem when someone makes a mistake by accident and still overtakes the person(s) he was racing with by the end of the straight. Maybe a rule saying if you go off the track, you can't overtake until after the next apex down the star/finish line. I can literally get sideways / drift, destroy the turn and still come out faster than the guy who hits the apex correctly. Just saying. Yes, I know, you report this but this will happen a lot if not taking care of before. :).

"What do you mean I was cheating. I was behind you down the straight and outbraked you. It's on video". :D

Edit: Okay, just seen Peter's video. I by accident cut the track at the beginning of the start/finish line where I did gain over half a second by making a stupid mistake. I guess Peter was able to cut the whole track LOL.

I know this is a no no but there's also the idea of letting everyone just drive the way they want to for this race because if not, stewards are going to have a handful watching replays and giving out penalties.

Just throwing things out there to help the stewards and the drivers.

Last edited: May 26, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  16. John vd Geest

At which corner were you able to win time by cutting?

17. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

The last apex, right before going down the start/finish straight. I normally brake right at or before the 100 meter sign but slammed on the brakes at the 50 m sign, went way wide and still came out 4/10 quicker out of the apex

• Like Like x 1
  18. John vd Geest

Thanks Johnny, I took note of Peter Vlaar's video.

With regard to your and Peter's post, I would like to direct your attention to the following article from the Rules and Regulations:

2.7 Off-Course Excursions

The competitor is required to follow the marked course during the competition and shall not gain an advantage by an off-course excursion.

'Off-course' is defined as leaving the marked course with all four wheels. The definition of the term 'advantage gained' will be left up to the sole discretion of the Race Steward(s) and may include when a driver goes all four-wheels-off on the exit of a corner, or was deemed to be an unnatural and/or unrealistic racing line. Should a car leave the track the driver may rejoin, however this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any lasting advantage.

Penalties may be assessed for an off-course excursion that Steward(s) decide affords an advantage to the offender.

To summarise:
    You have to keep at least 2 wheels on the race track which is defined by 2 white lines.
    You can make a mistake or 2, but if you make a rule of driving off-course (all 4 wheels outside the white line) and gain a time advantage doing so, you will be penalised.
    If you overtake another driver by going outside the white lines, you have to give the position back.

Also keep in mind that the qualy and race are broadcasted and you will be found out pretty easy on the broadcast camera. :)

Last edited: May 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. John vd Geest

If you do find yourself making more than a few mistakes in the heat of the moment by running too wide in or out of the corner, take your foot off the throttle to give back the time that you've won to be safe from post-race time penalties. Because we can then hear on the replay that you lifted your foot.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Joe Huang

Joe Huang Pro Driver

Im a new to this GT3 - DPi series
    pardon me
    I cant find any rule about fuel limit & pit stop things
    I mean is there a limit of pit stop in 92 min race?
    I dont even know if I can double stint in rfactor 2, it seems forced to change tyre everytime I pit
    please I need answer, thanks