Assetto Corsa Round 5 Riverside Nascar - Mon Apr 26, 2021

Discussion in 'Lola T70 MarkII Challenge Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Really enjoyed the race and had a fantastic battle with Phil for the lead for pretty much the entire race distance. We weren't taking it too seriously and were having a bit of fun because the gap to 3rd was pretty big. Great to pick up another win although Phil equally deserved it too. And congrats to @Phil Brown on taking the final spot on the podium :)

With this result I also secured my first SRO championship! It's taken a while but I'm so happy with how I've developed over the past few years as a driver here.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

First off Congratulations to Maddie on the championship win, well done! :cool:

What another cracking combination of car and track that was last night, really enjoyed hustling the Lola around this famous old circuit :cool:
    Qualified a decent 6th place :)
    However, race start, just as i sat there thinking 'should finally get a clean first lap in this series being so high up the grid' but yet again i was hit and spun before i had got 100m :mad: that was every single round of this series! :rolleyes: not good enough gents. And yet again nobody waited or took a drive-thru, whoever caused it. This time Phil Brown punted me into the barriers but guessing somebody else had hit him as he came across at a diagonal angle into me.
    Still, as before, got my head down and drove angry for the first few laps, re-catching the field and then picking each car off until i got back nearer the pointy end of the field where the opposition naturally got tougher to get past.
    Enjoyed some good battles, best of the bunch being v Laurent who had un-ceremoniously biffed me aside after my pit stop, which is why i weaved a bit on the long back straight as didnt think you deserved a free pass after hitting me twice at that tricky raised chicane two laps on the trot! o_O But we had a very good chase for many laps with not much between us, but he was always able to squeeze a gap and get me out of 'DRS range' :p down that long straight. This went on for a long time, great fun and i was sweating with the effort, but he caught a back marker? in the twisty sector 1 and both span in front of my nose as i did a days of thunder and threaded between them :eek: The closing speed was huge so not sure why the other car was going so slow?
    Now i was 5th :) and in clear air, a real shame for Laurent but good for me, and i felt is up where i should have been if not for the Lap1 contact. I covered the last laps without incident and finished with about 2L left in the tank for my best finish of this series and most enjoyable race. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I had framerate issues the whole race which wasn't best for door-to-door racing.. I didn't think I hit you in an unfair manner though.. I'd have to check the replay. The other time it was a backmarker that spun and hit me in that slow turn when you got ahead. Yes, I caught a backmarker there that went of the track and rejoined very slooowly on the racing line. I hoped he would get out of the way as I came in at full speed through the twisty bits but didn't.. I didn't know where to go and drove right into him :( Speed difference was so big that I had no more time to evade.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
  4. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

@Laurent Londes and @Mark Johnson actually your racing incident was involving 3 cars with @Lorenzo Galluzzi. One of those tough events to arbitrate imo. Still John got kicked off once again sadly.

@Kimi Martikainen sorry for our incident : you punted me because I was out of control of my back end due to going wide in T1 and then flying over the left kerb. My bad only, sorry that you lost a position in this incident. :oops:

5. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

No problem Laurent, no hit in an unfair manner and knew the 2nd one was because of your contact, but a hit is a hit.o_O I only gave room into that corner as i thought you were Maddie passing me after my pitstop (you both had same car skin) otherwise i would have shut the door a bit sooner ;) but you would have drafted past down that straight anyway. I had aero damage from lap 1 :rolleyes: which is probably why you always pulled ahead of me down there despite the tow affect.
    Just watched the replay, what a cracking battle up front for the win, lasted the whole race :cool:

6. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Sorry that the broadcast is really quiet, guys! No-one was watching live so I didn't know until afterwards that you could barely hear me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

No probs, first I though that you just didn't see me coming there...

8. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Congrats on you Maddie for your win, and on Philip, great fight from both of you, and 3rd step on the podium Phil ! Thank you all for racing.

• Like Like x 1