Assetto Corsa Round 5 Sebring

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

It will be a difficult day to be a Ferrari driver. I can do 6 tenths faster lap time at Lambo than Ferrari. Both with default setup. However, the goal is to reach the podium.

2. Yusuf Macit

Yusuf Macit Pro Driver

Hey guys,
    I have some sad tidings, i will not be able to participate in the last race of the season due to matters out of my control.
    The wheel i was using for the series (DFGT) did not belong to me, but a friend of mine. Now he got his wheel back, and i am left with nothing, but a gamepad. I am quite experienced with a gamepad, but i doubt i will enjoy, this one and half an hour race with it.
    I had hoped i could purchase a new wheel in due time, however the prices for driving wheels in Turkey are outrageous due to economic crisis here. They are way too high, so i could not find a suitable one. So i hope you will not hate me too much...

Wish you all a very good racing session for the last race of this amazing series, very special thanks to John, for coming up with the idea. The Viper was so great to drive, im glad to have chosen it, and i really enjoyed every last bit of this series with all the cool and strong drivers around me, and learned much from them.

I am now unregistering, thanks everybody. Perhaps i will see you in another series when i purchase a driving wheel for myself.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  3. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

That's a pity you don't have a wheel for the last round ! You were doing pretty well.. hope you get one soon and we'll race in another series together.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

No idea what you guys are doing in sector two, seems there is a lot of room for improvement. Which is difficult because I really hate the chicane at the end of sector one. One of the worst sections I ever drove a car.

Oh and seems that sometimes the curbs will throw you in the air. Could not reproduce it, therefore it should not be a bad problem but it seems wise not to attack them ;)

5. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Is this any help? Driven with default setup, with soft tires. Time 1.58.364.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Thanks, highly appreciated. I will try to find some of the four seconds on track ;)

7. Stef Williams

Stef Williams Pro Driver

!!! Eek !!! Only just saw this. Hope it’s similar enough that all my practice won’t be wasted. Will have to d/l it just before the race.

8. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

It's more accurate to the real track then the version before, so you should know it. It's a bit like the Studio 397 version.

9. John vd Geest

Just as a reminder, please reacquaint yourself with the series rules here in post 1:

https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/general-info.2884/

The most important is ... : punting means drivethrough or waiting for the other car to pass you again.

I hope you can all make it. I know it's the last race and all, but lets go out with a bang with 20 cars on the grid
    and give the commentators something to talk about !!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  10. John vd Geest

I'm driving my ass off in that damn Lister! Setup is oke now, but I can't see the apex's of most right-handers because of the right side steering wheel.
    I must admit, I feel more at home with a left side steering wheel, but the car is so "racey" I had to take it. If we do another series with these cars, I will probably take the Ferrari 550.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Matheus Marçal

Matheus Marçal Pro Driver Broadcaster Media Group

12. Matheus Marçal

i have a suggestion for you
    why don't you try using RHM or the latest Content Manager camera feature? It moves the drivers head accordingly to the racetrack lines, it's amazingly realistic and a nice addition to the game. And even better for us, john, that are suckers for pain and like to drive LMP cars on the cockpit camera lol

13. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Me too pal, I love the feeling of the Lambo but it's a complete struggle and kills the tires very quickly, I cannot even use the meds ! I hope it will be another champ with this beauties, maybe a longer one, I will probably choose the Saleen next time but Ferraris are a great option as well.

14. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Good luck everyone,
    have a good one!

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Can you explain/illustrate this function Matheus?

16. Matheus Marçal

Sure i can! Let me upload a video on youtube real quick, we can talk more about it in pms so we don't take the real subject of the thread away

• Like Like x 1
  17. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I'm sorry guys, I must retire from the race.

18. John vd Geest

I would like to see that. You can post it here.

19. John vd Geest

20. Matheus Marçal