Assetto Corsa Round 5 Sebring

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

OK I see it working but how do you enable it in Content Manager?

2. Matheus Marçal

Matheus Marçal Pro Driver Broadcaster Media Group

since i have paid for the content manager, there's a tab called mods under content, you just select it and enable it https://prnt.sc/lvp3qj
    [​IMG]

3. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues Pro Driver

guys, im having check sum failed... can anyone help please?

4. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

track has been updated me thinks...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ken Jagger

Ok we're getting there bit by bit ;)
    I also have the paid version but am not seeing anything in the mods folder? In fact when I clicked on the mods tab it asked if I wanted to create the folder or go to settings.

6. Nuno Rodrigues

Nuno Rodrigues Pro Driver

that was it. Thanks!

7. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Just had a quick look (though not important to me as I am on VR), but my 'mods' tab says the same. Create directory or Settings
    If I click create - there is nothing there. No available mods and no installed mods

8. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Same here. Also paid for CM.
    Maybe we must download the mod from somewhere.

9. Matheus Marçal

Have you downloaded the mod on acstuff.ru?

yup, once you create the MODS folder in the assetto corsa root folder and installed the custom shaders it should appear there

10. Flaviu Bozga

Just found this in:
    Content manager / Settings / Drive / Real Head Motion
    Maybe this is it, but we must donwload RHM mod and install it. There is just RHM location
    [​IMG]

11. Matheus Marçal

@Ken Jagger @John vd Geest @Flaviu Bozga
    It should look like this: http://prntscr.com/lvq4fz
    Also the links for everything you need to get an exact experience as mine: https://acstuff.ru/f/d/28-shaders-patch-dynamic-lights ; https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/good-and-bad-weather-suite.19484/ ; https://acstuff.ru/app/ ; https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/blamer.205107/ BLM car and BLM lights
    I also suggest not running more than 15 cars on a race at night with all the mods because it tanks the fps really hard. I get over 100 fps average on spa 24 cars and with the night mod and all those add-ons its hard to see more than 75 average on my computer.

12. Matheus Marçal

Sadly no... The head motion comes from content manager itself, you can look at the settings under Settings > Custom Shaders Patch > Neck once you installed the shaders mod

13. Flaviu Bozga

14. Andrew Williams

No live stream? Don't see it on SRO YouTube channel

15. Andrew Williams

16. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Sorry guys! Many guy brake so early in the last corner, so didn't expect that, and i caused crashes. I decided to leave the race without causing more destruction. Good I did not practice more than a few laps. They would have been wasted

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  17. Ken Jagger

So we still have to DL a mod? From what you said:
    "or the latest Content Manager camera feature?" it suggested there was a feature in CM that would let you do this without a mod.

18. Matheus Marçal

Here is the link for the youtube video, i believe its still processing so wait a sec to watch it.
    Anyways, congratulation to VDG for the race win and for Davide Ricciardi for the champinship win! And for everyone who finished too!
    Was great to be alongside @Joshua Penny and @Joseph Wright on this one! Really looking forward to the next ones!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Thank you @John vd Geest for organising this series, was good fun and apart from practise I enjoyed the races ;)

To the discussion about the car selection, as the gras is always greener on the other side, I wasn´t that happy with my Saleen either. I needed so many laps to became accustommed to the brakes for every track. I can´t explain it because I only have this problem with this car. So maybe in a future series I would choose a Ferrari or the Viper.
    Oh but it is funny although we are complaining about our car we (in particular you) are stil fast with them :p

Regarding todays race, my quali was not really good and the somehow I missed the start o_O Strange I wanted to fill up my glas and suddenly I was on pole a the pit exit but I had to wait until everybody passed. Stupid but ok, still 90 min left of racing. Then I hit Denis who appeared first in front of me, sorry, but it had no major consequences. Passed him later, as well as some other drivers who did mistakes. I ended up in P10 behind @Stef Williams and @Nuno Rodrigues after 17 minutes of racing.
    After following Nuno for a while we then had a proper fight, I passend him, he repassed me and I passed him again over a few laps. Nice one, the broadcast missed that.
    Right after that Phil Brown made a mistake and I gained another place but as my medium tyres were not in the best shape he closed slowly in. But I could hold him behind until my pit stop. This time I took again another set of mediums and just cleared @Kai Syvertsen which was important to get a good outlap.
    Therefore Phil Brown could not overcut me, somehow I jumped @Angelo dos Santos as well.
    Then I really got into a good rythm until I hit traffic in person of Rob, again I have to say lol as that happend too in Watkins Glen. That was a problem because it is so hard to pass cars and Phil Brown really closed in. But no harm done, I go a bit nervous and right after I cleared Rob Phil was somehow gone.

With 15 minutes to go and a couple of seconds to Stef I thought its just about finish the race. But other than that I suddenly closed in on Stef because he made an mistake and really struggled. That was really though because my Mediums again were at the end of their lifecylce and I though I´m pushing them too much.
    But Stef could persist my pressure until the last lap where he braked deep into the chicane at the end of sector one. I underestimated how much speed he lost because of that and due to the fact that I got the turn in a normal manner and was surprised I hit him. That spun him arround and because I waited for him to let him by Angelo said thank you and passed us both.
    So that long report wraps up my eventful race, thank you all (good broadcast again, even though you missed the most of my action :D) and maybe we see us again on track.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  20. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

Feels so good do be back and see I can stand the effort of a race like this, that is the first reaction I had after today´s one.
    The longer race of the season, bumpy track, challenging car...was a very good test for my health.

I tried to disconnect as much as I could from think about results. Just wanted to run and finish. But after a while I was getting back to my old self estimating where I could actually finish.
    Happy I was competitive enough to enjoy the ride. Really happy to had put my Lambo on the top 10 Qualy. And really happy with the consistent and solid first stint.
    But I blew completely my race on the Pitstop. During the inlap I wasnt sure if the fuel load I choosed for the pit would be enough. That took my focus off the track and I simple missed my Pitstop spot. It took forever to get in there, it cost me like 20secs, 25secs....so from a fantastic 5th I dropped to 10th. Lost everything I constructed during the first stint and some more.
    After that I just pushed as hard as I could trying to make up the lost ground. And in the end even this part was fun, because I could not relax a bit and take it easy, I had to push me and the car until the very end.
    On the last lap I got lucky with the incident that Philipp described on his post with him and Stef. I was catching them, but the time was not enough to a pass, and suddenly they were just ahead of me after the incident, one recovering from a spin, the other waiting.
    Well, sorry about that, but I take it...:). Up to 6th and to the flag.
    Felt good end the race in a good mood. Tired, but refreshed. Ready for more.

Too bad I miss this series. Cars are soo good! Looking forward for this Mod to get chosed again for another season.

Cheers and congratulations to the champions. Thanks SRO for the great pick.

EDIT: Just saw the results. Some drivers are listed as using a car that was not used. Im pretty sure Ricciardi was in a Lambo, not in a Saleen. This have to do with the car choice at the beggining of the season?

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 3