Round 5 Spa Francorshamps 2019-11-16

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Season 2 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 29, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Epic stuff man! You had some briljant passes there. The second clip gets 10/10 for showmanship :D.

2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Fun fact ... Johnny Gutierrez can still win the championship with 2 rounds to go. He's only 18 points behind.

1 Toni Talvitie [​IMG] GT1 Pinnacle Motorsport 166 / 0
    2 Davide Ricciardi [​IMG] GT1 Redline Racing 2.0 166 / 0
    3 Johnny Gutierrez [​IMG] GT1 148 / -18

Broadcast by Pasha Paterson:
    Really enjoyed watching the broadcast. Like Laurent said, great attention to detail and preparation.
    Very entertaining to watch and good attention to everyone in the field. Everybody gets his 5 minutes of fame.

See you all at Suzuka!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

Yeah Laurent, I don't know what was going on with the audio sync. It was fine on my end, but apparently was delayed on YouTube. I think the only way to fix it would have been to restart the stream, and I didn't want to jeopardize the whole broadcast once it had started. I hope it was only a one-time glitch and it will be better for Suzuka.
    Thanks to everyone for the feedback on the broadcast; it's been great fun for me, so I'm glad everyone else is enjoying it as well. :D

• Like Like x 2
  4. Pasha Paterson

You've had some of the best battles and passes in the last couple of races. Even if it's not a fight for the lead, it's no less important in the race and the championship.

And with or without a setup, you were still seconds faster than me in free practice. ;)

5. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Hi guys,
    I believe the results for this race are incorrect.

Because the race timer ran out before people had finished their final lap, it has kept Londes in 7th place, when in fact, on the track, Balli, Nuno and Davide all passed him on the final lap before the end timer ran out.

Here is a screenshot of the broadcast at the moment the race timer ran out, showing Londes down in 10th and the other 3 had passed him.

upload_2019-11-18_18-28-48.png

Attached Files:

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Pasha Paterson

I noticed this too, Andrew. Because the drivers behind John did not get to the finish line before the session expired, all of their positions were recorded as of the previous lap. But you are correct; Laurent was forced to warp to the pits when he ran out of fuel, and was passed by three other cars. I just don't know what SRO's official position on this is, when the game session expires before everyone has the opportunity to cross the finish line. This will be an issue only at the longer tracks like Spa where the lap times are longer than the typical post-race wait time.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Sorry if me going to the pits and over the finish line was an issue. I honestly did not think about that when I did it. I'm sure the result should be that they finish in front of me.

8. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

No, jumping back to the pits wasn't any issue Laurent. :)

The problem was the end of game timer wasn't set long enough (longer track that those previous), so those who had just started a lap when the leader finished the race, didn't have time to finish their final lap, so the results file took their position at the end of the previous lap (lap 38) when you were still ahead of those drivers.

Games like rF2 allow everybody who is on the same lap as the leader to finish the lap
    In AC you have to set a timer, and that timer starts counting down once the leader crosses the line. Once it hits zero, the game ends regardless of if drivers on the same lap as the leader finishes the lap or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Pasha Paterson

I think it has less to do with the warping and more to do with the end of the session catching out the people between you and John.

EDIT: What Andrew said :D

10. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I agree the timer should be set long enough to enable everyone to finish the lap then. Haven't checked if the results were processed any other way, but I'm sure they can/will be corrected then. In any case, I should be at the back of the field.

11. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

True but that's going to be hard to beat John. Those guys are monsters!

Congrats to Joakim. Great driving and a great comeback. Congrats to Toni for podium. Good racing all. Pasha, like always, very enjoyable broadcast and exciting. Andrew, I didn't know if you were spinning left or right lol. Your car just kept spinning and then when it looked like you had gained control, you started spinning again. Should I go left, wait, I'll go right, no, I'll go left. Scary! Good racing with John and Phil. They were fighting it out and I somehow got in it. I had fun. I've noticed if I don't push it and do less practice, I come out ahead than if I were to practice many laps. Very strange. Maybe I won't practice a lap next race, not even qualify, maybe I can win? Naw, better not risk it.

On to Suzuka.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

....love you my friend, I needed that hug indeed !! :(:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Giacomo Verlini

Giacomo Verlini Pro Driver

Thanks Pasha, I truly enjoyed those battles. I don't care to really be the fastest but to have nice battles. That's what is great about racing ;-)
    Unfortunately I have to quit this championship since i will not be able to race ant further because of work related reasons.
    I am very very sorry for this and i wish you all good luck.
    PS: you got really nice streaming despite the AC limitations