rFactor 2 Round 5 Spa

Discussion in 'FKR 2019 DTM Closed' started by FKR, Jan 10, 2019.

1. FKR

FKR SRO Team Owner

2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Round 5 brings us to the iconic SPA ! Weather forecast has a chance of showers throughout the day so be ready !

• Like Like x 1
  3. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I was very surprised when the rain start in my practice sesion. First I thought it is some graphic glitch :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Paolo Sassaroli

Paolo Sassaroli Pro Driver

Too bad ... I won't be yours, see you in Brans Hatch

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Going to have miss this one sorry Rob, Promise I will try to make one before the final round.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Pro Driver

Downloaded wrong Spa from race page. Server has different version :)

8. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

I was given 6 stop n go penalties !

9. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Yeah but at least they're really close.
    I blew the race before it started when I forgot to add fuel to my rain set. I pitted earlier than the Denis and Mark to undercut them but waiting for rain to make my tires last was a fail:p...Yeah Rob.. stupid rf2 weather. :rolleyes:
    It's hard to do a rain dance when strapped in a 5 point harness..
    Norm you naughty boy, any idea why?

Last edited: Mar 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Rob Milliken

I also got a stop & go fro cutting as soon as the lights went green ?? wtf .. Sorry this round was so messed up ..looks like rf2 is not ready for weather ..I will never use weather with rf2 again ..
    P went fine & rain showed up when it was supposed to ,then track was wet in Q ..ok ..but then the rain set up for last 1/2 of the race never came & track was wet intire race until a dry line started with about 15 min left ..sheesh ..
    To have a penalty given to me for "10 sec stop & go for cutting track" when I have not even made 1 turn yet ! wth ..light goes green = I get stop & go .. lol

so again sorry guys for the mishaps .. o_O:rolleyes::)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Rob I still really enjoyed the unknown weather factor. Id vote for more.

The penalties must be a track issue.

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. Alexandr Meshkov

Alexandr Meshkov Pro Driver

First time I heard about someone got penalty for cutting on start o_O Really bad luck for you guys. Seems to be track issue. I went couple times wide in some corners and thanks god there was no cut detected. Thanks for different weather it was nice experience with this cars! I love changeable conditions and unpredictability. I was really on adrenalin when decided to go for slicks knowing that there some chance for rain in second half. Thank you all! Nice race!

• Like Like x 3
  13. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

got 5 stop/go penalty for cutting 1 time :(
    do one, not enough laps to do all :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Mark Jones

Mark Jones Pro Driver

Fun race that, shame some had problems. Congrats to Denis on the win.
    Issues must have been a track issue as never seen penalties like that before. I think the weather for light rain is a chance of rain setting? To me that's how it should be and the rain carrying over from Practice to Qually and into the race was spot on. I was waiting for rain again though, before finally deciding to just pit and grab dry tyres. Messed my pit up as my Pit limiter button fell off, being in VR I had no idea till i couldn't find anything to press :p

Edit: just to check did everyone find the HUD tab that showed the min and max wetness of the track? I'd never spotted it before but the Min number must have been the dry line but both numbers were dropping until the dry line started to appear properly, pretty cool really, i was almost disappointed that there was a digital reference to wetness though...

• Like Like x 3
  15. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Well I did "cut"(slide and save) at Eau Rouge and probably deserved a penalty but 6 ?

16. Denis Lysenko

Denis Lysenko Pro Driver

Wow, what a race. This race was difficult to me because Im never before race with this weather. So it was a good experience for me. Bad position in Q, but I was hoping that I could do something in race. I didn't think I could win in this race with this weather, but when the track began to dry up, everything became much easier for me. I think that's why I won. Thanks everyone for the good race. My congrats to Mark and Alexandr for the podium. Too bad that not many people was in race again.

PS. I don't know what happened on first start and why I stayed in pit. I clicked on the race before the time runs out and then everything froze for a few seconds and I was in the pit. I saw I wasn't the only one in pit, and I thought it just was a lag. I was surprised when you all started but we stayed in pit. So thanks everyone for the restart.

• Like Like x 3
  17. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

It was a nice race :) I like rain :cool: so, somehow I get the pole. I tried to wait until the last minutes of qualy to make a fast lap, expecting the track being a little less wet. It works.
    The race: I didn't like when I have to chose tyres :confused:. I'm really bad at strategy. The 4th position it is a good result.
    Congratulation to podium, and to all drivers.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 1