Round 5 Virginia Full - Thu May 14, 2020

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

I was very confident about this race, car was very good, found an amazing setup, and i liked the track.
    Yesterday i tried to run a race with 26 drivers before the event to check graphic performances, everytime the game crashed and returned me to the main menu..
    I hope it was something related with the "quick race mode" , but the same thing happened during practice and race on the server. Moreover when connecting to the server i saw other track pics instead of Vir Full one, very strange....
    I feel very frustrated as i have been practicing a lot for this one and i can say, without modesty, that i could have fought for the podium.

Best Regards

Lorenzo

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stefan Lagodin

Stefan Lagodin Pro Driver

Had a nice race even though I got whacked two times. Finally a top ten finish too. Looking forward trying out the next new track.
    Here is a short clip of the first laps:

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

great video Stefan, :cool: yes saw you get clattered twice on lap 1. :rolleyes: Well done getting a top 10 finish, should have been both of us :(
    You also pipped me in qually for first time this series :) i couldnt fathom it as my Pb was a 157.3 but last night best i could manage in qually was 1:58.3 ! o_O odd.
    Still miffed about last nights rift technical problem robbing me of a good race and result :(

4. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Shame. Hope things will be better next time :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. John vd Geest

Battle of the Dutchies LOL. I was hanging on for dear live with 125 liters in the tank.

6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I was right behind you and was surprised to see your car take off. Weird :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Sorry to Davide and James. Those last 2 laps for me were a complete disaster. I was on for a 4th place. I saw Davide coming up behind me and as I was on tired old tyres I let him past. There was no need to fight him and allow the cars behind to catch up. At the end of the long straight I got an overlap on Davide but again I was happy for him to take the corner but I clipped him and sent him into a spin. Waiting for him to regain the place James past us both. Then into T1 on the last lap the car didn't want to slow down and I clipped James. Sorry guys some bad driving on my part :(.

Well done Phil. I guess you didn't stop. Too much of an advantage imo. If we run this series again there should be a mandatory pit stop and tyre change I think :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

The latest AC UI shows the track you have got selected for offline use, which doesn't affect joining a server with a different track.

9. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

It was probably just an unfortunate situation, what a pity not to compete with you last night:(

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Yep, but there was a vote for a mandatory pit stop after Highlands, but most people voted against it.:D:D

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

That was for this series though Phil, we made our beds and I for one didn't want to punish the people who opted for prototypes when we all had the option of trying them (I also still think the Porsche is a sod to drive fast for an hour BTW).
    If we run the ACL cars again I'd be in favor of either mandatory pit stops (apart from the 911 - no one would pick it then as it's so slow) or keep things as-is but disallow the 906 as it isn't in the same class as the other cars :p

I had an absolute blast last night - especially in the early part of the race when I was trying to get back in front of Davide.
    I couldn't pass him under pure power/speed and seemed to make my time up under braking and some of the tighter turns - so I instead took to the oldest of passing methods and just harrased him and annoyed him until he cracked and make an error:D
    In all fairness Davide held up remarkably well despite my throwing my car alongside at every chance I got while trying to force an error - each time he'd allow me to get alongside and give as much room as I was giving him before then simply using the Pantera's handling to out drag me off of the corners.
    I only got by in the end as a result of an odd brake lock he suffered at the end of the really long strqaight - that caused him to overshoot the left/right corner and he had a half spin on the entry to the really tight right hander. I'd been lucky enough not to have been 'annoying' at the time so was perfectly positioned to slow slightly more and drive passed on the inside.

From there I stuck to a fast safe pace, especially once Davide dropped back a bit and pitted a little after halfway. I already knew I had no hope of catching Phil's Porsche so just put my effort into trying for the FL and getting home cleanly.
    Well driven by the back markers and of course to Davide for the great fight - bad luck on the end result, I guess you were still on for 3rd before the bump?

A big shame Caitlin didn't show for this - the replay looked fantastic with loads of action and great camera positions as standard :(

• Like Like x 3
  12. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Hey, fantastic battle, I felt so confident with you around, never had a hard contact or a misunderstanding for many laps despite the different car handlings, Top Job !
    I was surprised by how your BMW was faster than the Pantera on the straight too... I dropped to 7th after the pit but I had enough time and fresh tires to get back to 3rd. In the process, I had a great fight with Laurent and that was awesome too... Great stuff...

Hey Paul, that's ok... those last laps were really crazy and pure fun... ;) All race was cool, great track, great drivers, awesome battles, fantastic cars... Well done all...:)

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
  13. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Only voted to keep it in because cars were already selected and a race had been run but for next series with these cars maybe no 906 or pitstop with tyre change would even things up, or just ditch the 906 :)

14. John vd Geest

Let's not forget that Phil was on pole and drove a great race. He is much faster than others in the Porsche 906. It's not just the car, there's some talent there too. ;)
    If we start a new season with GTL, we can set the rules again. That also goes for other mods. Loot at all aspects of the car.

Everyone just looking at laptimes can reflect on this:

Last edited: May 15, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Indeed he is a racing God. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  16. Davide Ricciardi

Guys, cars are fine like they are including the Ford Capri. Even with mandatory pit stop with this championship configuration, things wouldn't change much, American muscle cars wouldn't be able to fight for the win. We need 50% of high-speed tracks, Lemans, Monza, Hockenheim '80, Daytona.. right now we don't have a single one... where the Panteras, Shelbys, and Corvettes can stretch their legs and even the performances. It's a hard task to organize a Champ like this, I know, a lot of testing is required, I am happy to help if needed.
    What if it would be possible to change the next 2 races tracks? Anyway, this champ is a bit of a test and we are learning from it. What if we test the next 2 races with 2 high-speed tracks instead of the ones we have in the calendar? Testing for testing why don't doing it now altogether?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Track choice should be left for the next championship. I am looking forward to the last 2 tracks and have already done some testing. Power tracks tend to be boring Monza and Hockenheim. But I agree maybe more tracks that were used in period. Maybe look at some old real championships and look to emulate them. Keep the track selection for this series though. The Capri however is way too good on any track. imo :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. John vd Geest

I'm afraid that's not possible. You can't change a championship once it's set. People sign up on the basis of it, and it would provoke chaos.
    Choosing tracks will have to wait until another season.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Davide Ricciardi

I Disagree, anything is possible if you want to. This championship is a "squared wheel" only 2 cars can win races and that's because of the choice of the tracks. I knew that from before, I choose the Pantera because of the handling and driving pleasure even if I knew I couldn't beat Porsches and BMWs. I see a chance to test and improve and collecting data now in the next two races, instead of testing in the next championship again. That's it. Don't take this as a complaint, I see there is an issue so I'm just trying to help here...

sorry but that's counterproductive for you, with your car at Lemans you could actually win. What's the point to do again the green hell and arrive 6th? :rolleyes:

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

i would have left the Capri in personally but dis-allow aliens using it. What i dont get is why the Porsche RSR is so off the pace, it should easily be able to fight most of the other cars and definitely out-handle some of them o_O Love the cars in this set and would definitely race another series with them, but there are definitely some fantasy physics figures applied to the Panteras and Cobras imo.