Round 5 Virginia Full - Thu May 14, 2020

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

With 50% fast tracks no one will take anything other than a Corvette, Cobra, 906 or Pantera though. No-ones going to want to sit on a limiter for 30 minutes, Highlands nearly drove me insane with the 40 seconds a lap hearing the damn thing! :p
    If LM was in this season I literally wouldn't turn up as it'd be that bad..

It's the gearing, because the CSL is shorter than the Pantera in 5th it can accelerate quicker even when out of the draft - when in it catching you is easy.
    The difference here is that the BMW still has 500rpm left at the end of the big straight and I was braking 100 yards later than you from high speeds - so getting alongside you by the end of the straight really wasn't hard.
    It's actually one of the few acuracies in this mod - the CSL's were faster than the Pantera in real life too as the Pantera's were forced to run de-tuned engines duo to over-heating problems. Except in real life BMW actually bothered to give their teams final drives that were capable of reaching the cars top speeds - this mod seems to have got the cars to achieve the right speed by limiting the gearing rather than doing the aero properly sadly.:(

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

The RSR made it's pace through superior handling and corner exit speeds (Thanks to traction with the poor tires of the day), a decent top speed through decent aero, and fantastic reliablity - That final bit doesn't factor in AC sadly and we aren't racing long enough for it to really matter anyway.
    The traction available to the Porsche is shocking though when you consider it was the best of the 'big' cars at the time, I think it actually corners slower than the big Ferrari from my testing at Donny.

If AC had proper reliability failures I think you'd find the 911 was suddenly back in the money - as everything else (apart from the 906) would suddenly have to drive much slower to avoid exploding :D

• Like Like x 2
  3. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

[
    I chose the 906 based on the selected tracks. To change now wouldn't be right

Last edited: May 16, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

ok, maybe 50% it's too much, but like it is right now without any high-speed track, everybody would take the BMW next time, so that's why I propose testing in the next 2 races, to find a compromise for future champs. Not sure I can help testing for the next series in another moment.
    very true, if I'm not wrong BMW it's faster to that point, about 275 km/h? After that, all the American muscle cars can reach 295 km/h about... but probably the CSL was faster than that in real life.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

So what you're proposing is turning a Championship (which you're not leading ) into a test session where the tracks will be changed to suit you're car. WTF ??? . I'm not really interested in future championships at this point, just this one.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Any discussion about changing the tracks for this championship can stop, because it's not going to happen, with all due respect.
    They were selected based on the league's votes, so it is what it is.

• Agree Agree x 5
  7. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

I think we need to choose series more different kind of tracks in future to give more or less advantage power/handling cars. I remember before season couple guys warn me not to take 906 'cause it not have any chance....and I didn¨t choose because it easily blow it's engine if you not careful. :) Anyway other 906 was backmarker and Phil is not leading this series yet, so keep it calm.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

The problem of these mods, made with too many cars which do not really correspond, inaccurate, and not used by the creators ... It would be necessary to take time, to bring together cars of the same era found on the net, to adjust them to reality ....a lot of work !! The gr C that I proposed, are great, but obviously require adjustment to run together, this is the case for many series, I am sure that we will have problems with TC Legends too ...

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Actually the others are only me, i am the second one who drives that Porsche.. Phil is a great driver and as John said, is not only the car.. At my hands the 906 looks like a Wartburg, you know, that car from east Germany with a 2 stroke engine and that because of my lack of consistency, of my plenty mistakes cause of still racing with a joypad and of course because i am not at the same driving level with Phil.. :) The fact i am still racing with a pad ( i cant do precisely moves at steering, gas and brakes), it forces me to do a very different setup specially at the back of the car ( to disallow spinning i must have the back end very soft) and only from this maybe i am loosing at least 1.5 or 2 seconds per lap. Phil shared a setup with me trying to help me (and this of course making him a great guy except a great driver also) but i couldnt drive the car properly, was very difficult with a pad.. Anyways was a great race with great drivers, congrats to podium and Phil of course for the win. Lets finish this series and will talk about the next one about the rules.. In my opinion, banning cars from a mod its not good, we have to do some testing first and choose tracks that fitting at most cars of a mod... :)

• Like Like x 2
  10. Claus Jørgensen

Claus Jørgensen Pro Driver

Thanks Paul - I thereby look som a total loser behind the wheel in the Porsche 906.:(. It okay - I had a good time annemay..;)

11. John vd Geest

The TC Legends will be set up as a multiclass series with the 70's car class and the 60's car class. Two groups.

• Like Like x 2
  12. John vd Geest

I'm just curious, why are you driving with a joypad when wheels are affordable these days and will give you greater driving pleasure?

• Like Like x 1
  13. John vd Geest

It seems that Phil is generous with sharing setups to other 906 drivers according to Vasilis. Ask him to help you and give some tips on how to drive it.

14. John vd Geest

SRO Announcement

In order to give more transparency to what happens with protests / penalties, these will be posted on the event forum from now on for all games and sims.

Penalty for Davide Ricciardi
    Protest made by James Bird involving Davide Ricciardi:
    Timestamp: 50:58
    Violation: punting and not giving the position back
    Penalty: Drive-through for the next event, to be completed at the end of the first lap.

Sim Racing Online Racing Rules And Regulations
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/sim-racing-online-racing-rules-and-regulations.126/

• Like Like x 3
  15. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Actually a month ago i got a G27 wheel but it has a problem with calibrating-after a while it looses the center. I know what the problem is, i need to order a sensor part and fix it, also with shifter, gas and brake pedals mod from 3drap. I am also waiting for a new graphics card and i will fix it all together. I believe i will be ready at June to start racing with a wheel :)

• Like Like x 5
  16. John vd Geest

Good to hear. :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

That's a great wheel. I had many great years behind mine :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Davide Ricciardi

Seriously dude? :D How can you say that when I was The first one writing down and asking to keep this series without a mandatory pit stop even if we all knew already the 906 had an advantage? C'mon man... :D you got it really wrong ... I'm just trying to help to find a way to have a larger number of drivers that can win races (which is possible with this mod) looking for the perfect balance between cars and tracks. My point is testing the mod now that we have the chance with 2 high-speed tracks and I would have done that just for the sake of testing without taking my championship points.

19. Davide Ricciardi

I ask for a review about this incident, as James closed the door in the late braking were nothing I could to avoid the contact. I didn't give the position as for me it's a race incident, he is responsible too. You cannot move after the braking started especially after a long straight like that with the ridiculous braking these cars have. You can see in the video at 0.16 when I start braking, way long before the contact. I had 40 minutes of driving at the limit changing positions with Tim and not an issue. I receive a punt and I've not seen anyone making a DT yesterday and I didn't even make a protest for peace's sake. I've been "Verstappened" by James and now the penalty? This is just ridiculous.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

I totally agree with you Davide, about finding the right balance and getting a large number of drivers that can win races ,I get that .My point is as I've already said this is a Championship not a test.

• Agree Agree x 1