Assetto Corsa Round 5 Willow Springs - Thu Sep 3, 2020

Discussion in 'TC Legends league Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

All my apologies to @Stefan Lagodin for the punt lap 14, looks like I quite missed my braking point.. :confused::(

I will make a drivethrough at lap 1 of last race.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Stefan Lagodin

Stefan Lagodin Pro Driver

Ok, no problem Maxime. Genuine mistake can be made in the heat of the battle. However I do have a problem with a Toyota 2000GT who stuffs it up the inside on the last corner and then just runs me wide into the gravel. Quite an unrespectfull manoevre.

Could not quite get the pace out of the RX-3. It is a handfull but fun throwing around the track. However keeping it controlled for 60 minutes is a tough job and makes racing other cars hard. Any of the other RX-3 drivers got some tips for the final round maybe?

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

Good race last night, great track for historic racing, really suited these sideways racers. :cool:
    I should have done better but some little errors cost me positions and once those guys got past i just could not re-close the gap as 3rd-7th seemed to be running at the same pace lap after lap with no errors to allow me to re-gain. Great pace and consistency.
    I got a demon start and gained 3 places before turn 1 i think :) Stayed 4th for ages but started getting a little ragged as my tyres went off and getting pressured from behind by a quick Mac Shepherd in a BMW. I eventually locked my brakes and ran wide at the uphill left getting onto the quick sand! and quickly lost 4 places to a pack of cars that had been a few secs behind. That was all they needed as they must have all got up to speed and all i could do was chase them forlonly for the rest of the race. I made a second mistake by pitting one or two laps too late as my tyres fell off a cliff on lap 22, and those extra two slower laps again allowed the front pack some extra space between me and them, now at 5 seconds advantage :(
    I did gain one place at the pit-stops so Micheal must have had an issue, so my 7th became 6th :) but thats where i stayed, only able to eek out some of the time to Laurent ahead. Great pace and consistency gents. Finished 6th.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

Qualified 3rd, ended the race in 8th position, quite impossible to compete due to the amount of time a need to spend at the pit.

Grats podium and thanks a lot Caitlin for the amazing commentary!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

just watched the replay, fantastic as always Caitlin :cool:
    Forgot the 4 car scrap i enjoyed once i had ran wide! really enjoyed watching that fast moving train. Must be the track layout but was surprised how little any of us could make any in-roads on each other, we all generally maintained position lap after lap. o_O

• Like Like x 2
  6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ted
    If you put videos in the forum members need to be able to see it without signing in to YouTube.

7. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Ted said that it will go live in about 3 and a half hours from now :)

8. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

The videos take time to process when they're created from the livestream so I schedule them 24-hours after the race to catch any potential issues in the rendering. Once it's up the link video will actually be viewable from the link.

9. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

Turn the differential coast up all the way as high as it will go and add some front toe (positive) to keep the back in check by trying to never trail brake. Lift and coast into corners as much as possible. On tracks like Willow with lots of long high speed corners where you don't want the car to over-rotate run a lower drive-lock on the diff as well. I had 30 Drive 60 Coast at Willow.

10. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

11. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

No problem! sorry for any confusion.

12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Good race for me. Steady run.
    I did lose my setup rhat i used for my best lap in practice but difference was marginal. Would had not change the outcome, so good was winner.

13. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Cool. Thank man! I will put it in the video Media section of the series. :)
    You can also submit video's to the Media section yourself Ted. When an Admin approves the video, it's in.

14. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

My bad John! I didn't know there was a formal submission process. I'll make sure I use it in the future if I record or stream any of my races :)

15. Stefan Lagodin

Stefan Lagodin Pro Driver

Ok thanks Ted. Will try that. I went the other way actually with like 60 power locking and coast only one click up. Nice to drive, only too slow in my hands. :)

16. John vd Geest

17. John vd Geest

More rF2 Willow Springs.

[​IMG]

18. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

are you trying to sell rF2 to us John? :p i do actually own it but have never yet raced with it, just a few laps experimental. Think they got their pricing model from I-racing but with a 1990's UI :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. John vd Geest

I might be :D. I know a few guys doing this series also race rF2. And seeing how you all liked the track, I'm just giving you a heads up. Looks better than in AC haha.
    There is a modern beta UI btw :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Ted Hough

Ted Hough Pro Driver

I really am not fond of Big Willow. The Horse Thief Mile and Short-course are fun, though!