SROTCC Round 6|16 laps x2|Thruxton|19-08 2017

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Online Touring Car Championship Closed' started by Sim Racing Online, Apr 25, 2017.

1. Sim Racing Online

Sim Racing Online Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up!
    Race will be 16 laps X2 !

Guys I just found out i have to work this Sat so I will miss this one ;-(
    Nigel can you admin the race ?
    Thanks ..

3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Rob, I think 24 laps @ Thruxton is a bit much. Silverstone was 22 laps where the laps are about 60 seconds. At Thruxton the laps are 77 or 78 seconds. Just saying.

4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Ya I think so to .. I'm only putting what it says on the Championship page .. I did not come up with the laps / series format .. .. If it was up to me I would have all the races be timed , 20 min X2 ! :D

5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I think it always said 2x 16 laps. ;)

6. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thruxton is 16 laps

• Like Like x 1
  7. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Its very quiet here and on the server. I hope there will be a descent grid this evening

8. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

I'll be there , done a little practice , but don't know what to expect as never driven this circuit before

9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

As always here's my report. First off turn out was low this time. Very low... Only 3 drivers.
    Qualifying was... Suffice to say, Pole Roy Cop (me), 2nd Roger Hinds, 3rd Nigel Middleton.

1st race, Roger took a blinding start with the Beamer. Don't know why he was in a beamer because last race he drove a Toyota. it took me only a couple of corners to get past him. it was a lonely race from then on. 1st with 55 seconds difference to 2nd (Roger). 3rd, Nigel

2nd race saw me starting in last place. Red lights went out and Roger forgot to start. Nigel being in a BMW had a good start so he had the lead. I got beside him on Village, but didn't want to push him out in Church. That had me going in the corner to slow unsettling the car. had a slight off track, but was able to rejoin the track reasonably fast. By that time Roger had past me. Had to wait a few laps to pass him because he kept shutting the door on me when I was beside him. Helicorsa, good app. Lets you know when a car is passing you ;) On top of that he kept straightlining Club chicane (maybe penalties should be turned on). If he hadn't done that every lap I would have been past him a lot faster. Anyway... After getting past Roger I had to close a 13 seconds gap to Nigel. Nigel hadn't practiced on this track so I knew I had a chance. I'm thinking Nigel made a mistake somewhere because the gap was closed fairly fast. Had a try at passing him into Club chicane. Got passed and 1st place again. Nigel 2nd, Roger 3rd.

I was hoping for more of a race, but regretfully it appeared everyone had other things to do. :( Hoping for more drivers next race. Brands Hatch GP. Great track.

10. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

theres nothing like being a gracious winner is there, do you have the replay available,

11. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

TBH, this didn't feel like a win. If its not a race then its no victory. If I compare this to last race Silverstone, the win in the 1st race felt like a win because Nigel was bloody fast there and had the rest of us doing all we could to keep up. His win in the 2nd race was a more than deserved one.
    And my comments are correct. I'll upload the replay later today so you can see my comments are more than just.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

I enjoyed Race 2 as I had got use to the track a lot better, Still enjoyed the racing though.

At the moment I am finding it hard to get any practice in.

13. Roger Hinds

Roger Hinds Pro Driver

none of us complained when cut track notifications came up for you , and they did quite a few times. you know what lifes to short for this