rFactor 2 Round 6 Bathurst Mount Panorama - Sun Jun 16, 2024

Discussion in 'GT Revival 1960s Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 23, 2024.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Michal.jpg

• Winner Winner x 5
  2. John vd Geest

Johnny Gutierrez.jpg

• Funny Funny x 6
  3. John vd Geest

Rob.jpg

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

LOL. I scored like 10% of our points. Thank You for the team championship! Great series John, as usual... I forgot yesterday was Father's Day in the US so my plans changed. Really looking forward to Group C. Group C ya'll at Le Mans.

• Like Like x 3
  5. John vd Geest

My fathers day gift from my wife was that I could race! :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

No worries John. I have to admit that I expected you to let me pass a lap earlier at the end of the long straight and not unexpectedly up in the mountain. There was some code brown moment there but we survive. I still do not know why we are not using the same principle like in F1 for overlapping...

The Championship: I didn't win a race this time but still had a lot of fun with the Mustang. It wasn't the car though... we had pit speed limits in the first and last race. In both I got DT from P1 shortly before the end of the race because I was 1-2 kph too fast for a split second in the pitlane.:eek: Oulton Park and Brands Hatch were definitely not Mustang tracks. For Linas Montlhery I wasn't there and in Longford I went fishing with the car instead of racing. So the Mustang was able to win the championship, but not me.:rolleyes: But it was always exciting to stand fully on the brake pedal and hope that the car would stop.:D
    Congrats @Michał Mazurek and thanks also to everyone who drove respectfully in the championship and to our best broadcaster, Rob!

Best regards ;)
    Kiril

• Like Like x 4
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  7. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Must be nice having Father's Day every weekend. :cool:. Was not the case when I was married.

• Like Like x 1
  8. John vd Geest

I get no complaints. She gets the remote control ... !

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. John vd Geest

Yeah ... in all honesty, you were the victim of a bad temper because I also got a Stop & Go because I was a few clicks over. You were not really on my bumper, but I could have done it earlier.
    The 40 km/h speed limit actually was too slow and David was right about that. In similar circumstances I will adjust the speed limit next time.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Hello everyone
    First of all, thanks to John for organizing this series, and to Rob for the video coverage. Thanks to you, I had double fun: the first time by taking part in it and the second time by being able to see the whole thing from a broader perspective.
    The championship was very close - 11 drivers stood on the podium in four different cars, quite a good result.
    After Johnny Gutierez withdrew from the last round, the championship was "almost" certain, I just had to finish in points. So little, but it still had to be done. I decided to do it, I didn't get into any fights, no risk, to my goal.
    On the last lap of the race, there was a chance to emphasize my presence and be included in the statistics with the fastest lap, unfortunately I missed it by 0.011s. :)
    Ultimately, I jump to the bottom step of the podium because Kiril got a drive-through penalty.
    Thank you all for good racing and see you, I hope in the fall.
    Regards
    Michał

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1