Assetto Corsa Round 6 Magny Cours

Discussion in 'Seat Leon Series 2 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

SEAT 2 BANNER 1a.jpg
    Registration

Servers UP !
    Only 22 grid spots for this one Make sure your registered !!

2. Rob Milliken

Race day PW is set ..find it on the Championship pages ..

• Like Like x 2
  3. [QUOTE = "Rob Milliken, post: 16410, membro: 97"] Giorno della gara PW è impostato .. lo trovi nelle pagine del campionato .. [/ QUOTE]
    ma non va la password

4. tutto ok scusate

• Like Like x 1
  5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Looking forward to tonights race. Love the track

6. Rob Milliken

Ya we can see .. your 3 secs faster most of us ..:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

that was i nightmare
    each lap felt like a new track and a new car.
    had absolutly no confidence in it..

Rob, is this the same server that we had issues with the group C??

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Server was ok for me. just not enough fuel :(

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Its was a bit less. But that Aero paint works well :D:p

• Like Like x 2
  10. Rob Milliken

Wow intense race .. this track requires some serious driving to maintain the pace to win ! Well done Roy ! some great driving out there !
    Karl & I continue our on going street fight !:D .. it doesn't seem to matter what track or mod we just go at it hahaha ! good fun mate !
    Replays up on the Championships page !

No that was server 2 ….but they all had the same issue with left over minorating files ..

11. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

Yes Rob, we always have a great outing!
    max respect, i feel so bad sliding into you. id rather have let you through.

12. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Race report

Yep, here we go again.

Practise;
    Somehow I managed to get a personal best lap in of 1.47.441. Don't know how I did that one, but it was about 2 seconds faster than the others. Love this track.
    This gave me confidence for the qualies. Only Sean was being a "dark horse" because he hadn't set a good lap yet. Good thing was that there were 8 guys racing today. 2 more than last time.

Qualification;
    This was as straightforward as it could be. Managed to do a 1.47 again, leading me to feel at ease as "dark horse" Sean set a 1.48.2 as fasted time. Mert Kayar got 3rd about 0.8 seconds behinds Sean. The rest were doing times that would see them have close racing. God, I love this track.

Race;
    My calculations told me I could do 22 laps on 55 liters of fuel. Knowing I could average 1.45.6 over 22 laps would have me reaching the end of the 22 laps 3 seconds to early.
    So plan A was, go all out until lap 22. If 2nd place is further than 5 seconds behind, slow down to finish the race (22 laps) just as the clock got to 40 minutes.
    Plan B; Go all out as far as the fuel would get me, pit at the end of lap 22 and do lap 23 to finish the race. This was only to be done if the guys behind me had pitted or 2nd place was closer than 5sec behind me.
    Since I could start on pole I had a few meters advantage over 2nd. Still had to make a good start so Sean couldn't get past me on the first few corners.
    START! Got away good, but so did Sean. We both were careful through the first few corners. Looked like a clean start for every one. Plan A was on. Go fast and constant. I didn't know how fast Sean would be in the race so I kept going all out. After a number of laps it dawned on me that at this rate (I was doing an average of 1.48.2) I would never do the 22 laps in the time I had set for myself. It would be way faster... Quick calculation, 7 seconds before the end of the 40 minutes. Hmm, might have to switch to plan B. As luck would have it Sean and Hakan were battling for 2nd, or so it seemed. Anyway, the gap increased, giving me the option to revert back to plan A. This had me starting lap with 1.57 to go on the timer. That last lap would be a slow one :D A 1.58... That's 10 seconds slower than I could do, but passed the finish at 40.01 Now every one could do the their race without having to get fuel. Or so I tought. Sean apparently had to push hard at some stage in the race because he couldn't make it to the end. Out of fuel in the last sector. Rob was out to, but he managed to "roll" across the finish with a dead engine.
    Result; 1st Roy, 2nd Hakan, 3rd Larry.

It looked like every one had a good race. And have I mentioned yet that I love this track?
    Well done guys!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Oh, and for the championship standings, all is still possible, but it looks like position 3 is in hot demand. Larry, Rob and Karl are all in with a shot. Great series this is turning out to be.

• Like Like x 1