rFactor 2 Round 6 Osterrreichring

Discussion in 'Historic F3 Cup 2023 Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jun 14, 2023.

1. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Well i think in the heat of the battle you both kinda squeezed the wheel abit. on this scenario Liudas seems to over do the left hander. But then again dont see it in your cockpit. Side by side contacts are usually racing incidents where neither gives up. And given the nature of these cars, maybe better to play the long game.
    We probably didnt have those safety belts on these cars so if crash comes, we would jettison out to avoid the torching of our torsos in car :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Neil Wood

Neil Wood Pro Driver Donator

Stream VOD

First race using a DD wheel. It was already quite warm in my flat!!
    Made a good start and got alongside someone but forgot to change up a gear and stalled my speed, Probably wouldn't have got passed anyway.
    I was happy if I could do 2:10's during the race, the top cars just disappeared up the road. Had a little battle for a few laps but didn't last too long. Rule of thumb, if a gap is getting smaller and it's less than a car's width, putting your car there won't work. The car ahead can choose their line and has no obligation to move out the way.

I was happy I could use some track knowledge to make a couple of passes. Just no point defending at this track, the draft was just too strong. Pinched a brake in T1 and car went completely sideways and clattered over the kerbs. I needed a change of underwear after that!

From then on it was just a case keeping things steady and not making mistakes. Managed to get a freebie towards the end which was nice.

Lately I haven't been able to run over any kerbs at speed, I don't know if this is just glitchy kerbs, track choice or these cars but it just seems the car doesn't run smooth over them. This happened in Crystal Palace, Symmons Plains and at this track. It's like the car his an instant spin button.

May I please have the replay? Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

4. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Yes I am on a single screen as well 34” 3440x1440... Had crew chief and all virtual mirrors enabled for this race...

5. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

I am quite sure it is the tracks...