Automobilista Round 6 Oulton Park

Discussion in 'Radical SR3 Eurocup Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Feb 19, 2019.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Server is up

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

A lap with the other car in the mod, the BAC Mono :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  3. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

Qualified in P3 but a slow start saw Jens edge past into T1. I ended up behind Philipp but managed to get a run on him and passed under braking. A couple of laps later Jens had a spin and I lost a place to Philipp as I avoided Jens. A wonderful duel with Philipp lasted a couple of laps until I missed my turn-in point for Island bend and ran wide onto the grass, managed to avoid the barriers but ended up on the gravel at the hairpin. Had to wait for everyone to pass before rejoining and then spent the remainder of the race following Jens.
    An enjoyable event, though ... I do like Oulton :).
    Congrats to Paul, Ken and Philipp for their podium results :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  4. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

I was really impressed that you were able to save your off track excursion the lap before and then again. Everytime when I hit the gras there I automatically hit the barrier.
    Kudos for that, even it helped little. I was really surprised by your and Jens very good start. Had nothing to respond, therefore I was really lucky that you but hit trouble.

After that I was able to drive consistent lap times but Ken was faster. No idea why but I had always problems in the race with this mod. He passed me after I made a little error. And I couldnĀ“t stay with him, at least it was my first podium with this mod.

Congrats Paul, you were in another dimension.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Ramon Llupart

Ramon Llupart Pro Driver Donator

Damage limitation race for me. Neither had the speed or the pace, so took the points and better luck for the next one. :oops:

• Like Like x 2
  6. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Had again problems with AMS freezing when going out on track during qualy twice, and had to reboot the PC each time.
    Maybe a slightly better qualy might have been possible if I had put my laps.

Got a good start and had decent pace the first laps when I braked to late in last section, spun and was last.
    Then race was on to try gain positions, but where did everybody get that speed from :eek: :D

Getting close might worked fine, either the aero grip get less when close (not sure AMS do simulate that?) or tyres got hot.
    But really had to struggle, not until Ramon did a mistake I could make a clean pass. Got somewhat close to Ed a few times
    maybe but he had a very solid drive.

Great 45m of racing, some more stats can be seen here as well
    https://simresults.net/190227-f6X

Congrats to Paul, Ken and Philipp for podium win!

• Like Like x 1