rFactor 2 Round 6 Rerun Le Mans Bugatti

Discussion in 'World Series by Renault Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Jul 14, 2021.

1. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Oh man, that was a great race from me too. I was going well. Sorry for the contact in the chicane @Mark Hightree I just couldn’t get slowed down quite enough to avoid contact when you outbraked yourself slightly. That was my chance and I blew it. Lol. Crazy race but great fun.

@Syd Drake maybe it was something to do with rolling back the game version but I doubt it. In all the years I’ve never had that in RF2. Expect in some series where they’ve had 40 plus for example. Shame.

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Sorry to everyone, the rF2 server decided to restart without warning. I've never seen that happen before with this hardware server o_O:mad:
    I'll look at the schedule and see if we can add it on to the end of the series.

3. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

I’m glad you didn’t decide to restart. I was racing so hard I’m exhausted! Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

As Toni mentioned. For the peeps that forgot or don't know.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rocco Mina

Rocco Mina Pro Driver

andato corrente

6. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Have you got electrical isssues with the servers maybe. They keep showing as disconnected on the live timing screen? Or is that a member of the team doing that?

7. Ken Jagger

Its similar to what we advised here at SRO, but a bit convoluted by suggesting you select the Beta branch first, when you might not have it anyway. With this latest release of rF2 it's not actually a Beta, it is a Public Release so the Beta option wouldn't do anything if you selected it at the moment anyway.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ken Jagger

This server is hosted by RackService in France so we have no physical control over it. We have another rF2 server and an rF1 server running at the same time on the same Windows 2016 Server machine, and they didn't restart. This FR35 server has been shutdown which is our standard practice after the race has finished.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ken Jagger

After checking our future schedules we can add this race onto the end of the series, so it will be rerun on Sunday 3rd October. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Rui Oliveira

Rui Oliveira Pro Driver

3.6 Race for Cash
    Single race winner only receives cash prize multiclass race each class winner receives cash prize (or software) Information regarding prize on offer will be in the race thread.

Multiclass series you must complete 75% off the races to qualify for a cash prize (or software/hardware).

Single race you must complete 100% to claim your winnings.

If 2 drivers have the same points at the end of the series winner will be decided as follows: races completed/total wins/pole positions.

everyone know the rules! So...tell me why we have to repeat the race??

11. Ken Jagger

What is this about Rui and what does it have to do with this LM Bugatti race?

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  12. Rui Oliveira

Rui Oliveira Pro Driver

sorry I got it wrong.
    I thought it was the 75% rule of the complete run.

13. Ken Jagger

14. Rui Oliveira

Rui Oliveira Pro Driver

thank you, i was enlightened:)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Ken Jagger

SERVER IS UP

16. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Cant make it. Final tournament for my son's football.

17. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Sorry everyone, just got home from work, apologies :(

18. Phil Pitzer

Phil Pitzer Pro Driver

I'm sorry to whoever got caught up in my spin. My internet connection works great for most of what I do but not racing. I'm not even sure what happened. Cars around me including mine began warping around and I got confused until everything straightened up. And then later in the race, once again, I lost my connection. I don't see how I can race with my crappy internet service. Since I can't drive close to other racers with this problem, I need to stay out of some races until I figure this out. Congratulations to the top three.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  19. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

@Rui Santos Drivers today were asking about you. Hope everything is ok. And thanks for handing me the championship. It was totally unexpected. I was focused on the fight for second and had no clue it was possible. It was a fun series and I look forward to another one. Too bad about the connection Phil. Hope you get it figured out soon. Once again I had a good fight with @Didier Coelo. I pitted about half way for some tires hoping to make an undercut work and it appears to have.

Thanks Ken for the series and all the work you do to make it happen. :) SRO Admins are the best!

• Like Like x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. Ken Jagger

Congratulations on you series win Mark. I only wish I hadn't missed one race due to my absence on holiday a couple of weeks ago.

• Like Like x 2