rFactor 2 Round 6 S397 Nordschleife 24H - Sun Nov 21, 2021

Discussion in 'DTM 1991 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 8, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

DTM 1991 banner.jpg

Welcome to the Nordschleife - 24H

We will not do a full formation lap here. The race starts on entering the Nordschleife into the lefthander from the GP track.

The Nürburgring is a 150,000 person capacity motorsports complex located in the town of Nürburg, Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It features a Grand Prix race track built in 1984, and a much longer Nordschleife "North loop" track which was built in the 1920s around the village and medieval castle of Nürburg in the Eifel mountains. The north loop is 20.8 km (12.9 mi) long and has more than 300 metres (1,000 feet) of elevation change from its lowest to highest points. Jackie Stewart nicknamed the old track "The Green Hell".

Originally, the track featured four configurations: the 28.265 km (17.563 mi)-long Gesamtstrecke ("Whole Course"), which in turn consisted of the 22.810 km (14.173 mi) Nordschleife ("North Loop"), and the 7.747 km (4.814 mi) Südschleife ("South Loop"). There was also a 2.281 km (1.417 mi) warm-up loop called Zielschleife ("Finish Loop") or Betonschleife ("Concrete Loop"), around the pit area.

Between 1982 and 1983 the start/finish area was demolished to create a new GP-Strecke, and this is used for all major and international racing events. However, the shortened Nordschleife is still in use for racing, testing and public access.

Thanks to Jos Ogos for providing this video

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  2. John vd Geest

3. John vd Geest

Qualifying lenght

Be aware that the Qualifying has been set to 30 minutes due to the length of the track, so including warm-up, the race will start 20 minutes later than normal.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. John vd Geest

Just did a server test lap and holy moly, driving the Nords in this mod is pretty epic LOL!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Ohhh, look at me, I'm driving so fast. Crash. But I swear I can carry this speed. Crash, Butttt. Crash. Ok, I guess I'll slow down. :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  6. John vd Geest

The story of all subscribed haha.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I cant get this track to play nice :(, My system is pretty powerful & I get fps well over 100 in all the races but with this full nords I cant get it to run, its at like 4fps LOLo_O any Ideas ?

8. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Fixed , Post processing was the culprit .. I can run the game & any other track on ultra & had it set that way ,but with full nords I had to turn it off & now I'm back in the 100's for fps. Now if i could only finish 1 lap without crashing !:eek::D

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  9. John vd Geest

I'm just going to do my laps of 9 minutes flat and wait for all those frontrunners who want to impress us with their 08:35:00 laptimes to crash so I can drive by them and give them a polite wave with my free arm.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 4
  10. Gilles Villeneuve

Gilles Villeneuve Pro Driver

Love the Nord.
    Will be there and try to invite french friends!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Dmitri Buksha

Dmitri Buksha Pro Driver

set the track quality seting to med or high not full

12. Gilles Villeneuve

Gilles Villeneuve Pro Driver

I have probably the oldest computer here. I7 from 2012 and GTX770............... from 2012.....
    Set the track detail to minimum
    Set max visible drivers to 6-7
    and ESPECIALLY, Turn the Road Reflection to OFF
    Road Reflection is a huge FPS taker. You dont need it.
    I ran this 24H layout with 30 cars during 6 hours last summer, with 30-40 fps.

I am a Pro for setting high end circuit for crap pc :)
    Let me know if you still have issues

• Like Like x 3
  13. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Motor went Kaboom. I noticed in Q it double shifted down and blew the motor. In the beginning of the race, it did the same. I don't want to buy a new wheel but we'll see. Congrats to the winner! To podium and all finishers! I didn't even get to race. Oh well, on to the next.

• Like Like x 3
  14. John vd Geest

Lost my splitter twice. Once in the middle of the race and once on the last lap in sector 3. Both silly tank slappers, but the guardrail is close. So I'm happy with 5th place.
    Enjoyed the race, even if I was driving alone most of the time. Crazy stuff driving these cars here, but they go really well.

Two more to go. See you all at Oschersleben. A good track for close racing.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Had good speed... after two laps I got understeer because my fronts were getting hot. In lap 4 the car would not turn in and I came onto the grass slowly and was in control. Coming back on the track I spun and hit the guard rail head on with a very low speed. Unfortunately my splitter came off and I had to pit. After 71s in pit I accelerated too hard at a max speed of 83km/h and I got a stop and go. I served the stop and go and exited the pit at a slower speed 75km/h and got another S/G. I was in sixth with two cars in sight. One of them was Jens. I overtook those cars and in lap 7 I entered the pits to serve my 2nd penalty. But it was already the end of the race and the finish line was in front of the pit box. So crossed the line in 3rd but finished in 10th and got a 1Lap penatly... At least now I know wat the penalty for not serving one is LOL.

Nevertheless I had great fun.

Congrats to Dmitri and the podium... Dmitri had the best race pace and I was not able to keep him off my back if I had not spun.

CU later.

• Like Like x 5
  16. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Sorry, missed this aswell..working and tired.

17. Dmitri Buksha

Dmitri Buksha Pro Driver

This car\track combo is so much fun. Really enjoyed the race everyone was driving sensibly good racing guys. Thnkx and cu at next one.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

To bad, don't remember where I have seen it (wheel or in-game) but maybe you have an de-bounce setting you can rise a little bit to prevent double-click.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Hey John, can you upload the replay for the Nordschleife race. I turned off replays before the race. I want to see what went wrong during the 1st S/G.

20. Dmitri Buksha

Dmitri Buksha Pro Driver

• Winner Winner x 1