rFactor 2 Round 6 S397 Nordschleife 24H - Sun Nov 21, 2021

Discussion in 'DTM 1991 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 8, 2021.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Good series promo Dmitri. Thanks! Absolutely awesome to win coming from the back of the field.
    Race starts at 47:26.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

There's a setting somewhere to stop double shifting. It sets a time in milliseconds where you can't change gear. So if you accidentally shift twice or have a hardware issue then hopefully you can adjust it to cope. I think I saw it anyway. Maybe another sim. :)

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

You got in there before me :p

4. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Started off well. For the first 2 laps I was able to keep up with Gert thanks mainly to the slipstream down the long straight. Couldn't believe Dimitri's pace he was seriously quick. On lap 4 he got me into T1 and I promptly span into T2. Damn I hate it when I screw up on the GP loop but found the grip levels on the GP circuit to be a lot less than the Nordschleife. I'd already hit the wall once so switched off the repair bit in the HUD but forgot to tell it to not change the tyres. So I had an extra 40 seconds to serve in the pit stop. Surprised to come out in 3rd. I was 18 seconds behind Nikolay and thought that was it but on my out lap I took 10 seconds out of his lead. On the next lap I was a couple of seconds behind and he span out in front of me. I was pretty much at top speed so no way I could slow down. I had to pick a side and hope. I picked the right side. Second time in the race I had to that as I had to avoid Gert in a similar fashion after he was recovering from his spin. So 2nd around here was a great result for me but as usual it came with a toll. I spent the night in agony as my back muscles went into spasm. Still suffering a couple days on.

Well done to Dimitri your pace was amazing. Well done to Pavel for 3rd and to all who finished. Great to see a good grid for this race. Hope to see you next time. Wish I'd done more in this series now these cars are great. Did try and make the Omega work around here but although it's top speed was 10 kph quicker down the straight I could get it to work through the corners so I was over 10 seconds slower a lap in it and I seriously doubt I would have brought the car home. :)

• Like Like x 2
  5. John vd Geest

I admire the sacrifices you make for your hobby Paul. You are a tough guy :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Not sure about tough. Just wish I could get a new body. ;).
    Hopefully I can keep going but it's getting more and more difficult.

7. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Open the player.json file in the ..\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player with notepad. Look for these lines and increase the value one step at a time, save the file and test. Change again if necessary.

"Repeat Shifts":4,
    "Repeat Shifts#":"0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts within 100ms, 2 = 150ms, 3 = 200ms, 4 = 250ms, 5 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed",

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

One thing I keep meaning to ask SRO. This series uses a DLC mod which cost around 15 euros (I think). So we have all dipped into our pockets to support this series. To get just one series where a DLC mod is involved whether it be a car set or track(s) is not that great. So in the future can SRO guarantee us at least 2 series with the DLC content. I maybe wrong on this but there have been other series using DLC where we only got one series. For example the DRM mod (did we get 2). So a guarantee that we'll get a couple of series in reasonably quick succession seems a good idea to me. Your thoughts on this.

If I'm wrong on this and we've always been given at least 2 series with a DLC mod then just ignore my ramblings.

Edit : I'll post this in the main discussion area as well.

9. John vd Geest

Well, I wish you all the best.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

That's a fair point. We will consider that in future planning. I know I would like to see some of the really good mods used again soon, like this one. Would also like to see a general increase in participation. This series has seen good, consistent grid sizes. Fourteen drivers for a round 6 is pretty good and would rank this mod among the most popular for RF2, imo.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Thanks Jens, Paul and Ken! This is great. And here I thought I might have to take my wheel apart or purchase a new one which I didn't want to do.
    I see you have yours set to 4? I'll check mine tomorrow and change it. This is great.

Like others have said. I also enjoy these cars very much. Would be awesome to see more races in the future with these.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ken Jagger

I had changed it from 0 following a couple of double-changes with my T300RS wheel/F1 Addon rim, but have now reset it to 0 again for my new Fanatec CSLDD/F1 combo. Your post prompted me to do that, so thank you for inadvertently reminding me about it :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats on your new DD! I might not fix mine on purpose and just buy a whole new DD. Hmmm.

14. Ken Jagger

Sounds like a plan! :)