Assetto Corsa Round 6 Sebring

Discussion in 'SCCA Production Classics Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Sep 14, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 1
  2. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Hi, can I just grab any car and race tonight?

3. Franz Herbert Mann

Franz Herbert Mann Pro Driver

4. Mitchell Kakotsky

Mitchell Kakotsky Pro Driver

In this case, I'll take the excess MG.

5. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

was I the only one seeing lag?? way too much to race.

6. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

No lag on my side, but just freezed on Wait time 0:00 and that was the end for me... :confused::(

7. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

I saw some other lags, including caused by myself, but unfortunately your car lagged the most. It is a shame that we lost you and Kiril that early.

Regarding my race, well, same story the whole series long. I messed up the start and was second to last at the first turn.
    I needed five races to figure out, that it is possible to get a good start with the BMW, as @Csaba Lako showed from time to time. But that is a bit tricky, when you put the gas pedal to the floor and the rev limiter is hit for the first time, then you need immediately put in first gear. If you did it right, then you have a good start. If not, then ... :mad:

It got better after that, I already made up two spots, but at the hairpin I had an incident with @Paul Upham. As said, I am sorry for that. You had an over steer moment accelerating out of the hairpin. I was directly behind and had a better exit. After the race, I was not fully sure, if I hit your car at the side or the rear. So I watched the replay, and it was a slight contact at the side, because your car moved to the right side and I had nowhere to go. Unfortunate incident.

That was the first lap, and at least I had pace in free air. I was a bit lucky to pass @Jari Laakkonen @Franz Herbert Mann and @Kai Syvertsen . However, then @Kimi Martikainen waited for me. His driving was not as specular to watch as in Mid-Ohio, but he really made it hard to pass him. Eventually it worked to get by, but it needed multiple trials. I managed to pass him in sector two several times, but with the topspeed of his Toyota, he came back at the straight. So it was a really good battle.

After that, I was able to close the gap to the car in front, but it was too late to make something work. Thanks for hosting @Ken Jagger . See you guys, although I will miss the next series, or at least the first races.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Franz Herbert Mann

Franz Herbert Mann Pro Driver

Had some very good racing once again, with some top-notch blokes @Jari Laakkonen and @Kai Syvertsen.

Had a suboptimal qualifying with a decent start and kept out of trouble in the first few corners.
    As usual, the top runners had some alien power under the bonnet, so there was no chance of catching them without decent pace.
    For the first few laps we advanced from the finish sandwich to the finnish-german bigmac involving @Kimi Martikainen , @Philipp Pichler , @Kai Syvertsen , @Jari Laakkonen , and me.
    We switched position almost every corner, but mostly without incidents and proper fair racing. This was a lot of fun!
    Unfortunately, I noticed with 5 minutes to go that my driving style was not efficient enough, and I would not reach the finish.
    A bit disappointing that fuel was the biggest issue in this series for quite a lot of people.
    However, it was a very fun series. Thanks to the organizers and congratulations to the podiums!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Doni Yourth

Doni Yourth Pro Driver

Congratulations to our podium winners! Well done to all finishers! :)
    This was by a light-year my best race in Assetto Corsa. So often, I find coping with the graphics a nightmare on my vision. As well, my aging Logitech G25 leaves much to be desired in feel. Be that as it may, I had a roaring good time chasing Mitchell at the tail of the field. On the last lap, he slowed and if I hadn't been so close needing to swerve and miss him, I may have realized that he was like so many times I have done this season, running short on fuel. If I'd been further behind, I might have twigged to his predicament in time to push him to the line. Bad luck there, Mitchell.
    My thanks to the club for hosting and organizing.
    This race went a long, long way for me to keep interest in AC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

Grats Csaba on winning the championship, really enjoyed this series, proving to be quite a popular mod which was very well supported to the end.Thanks Ken.
    Would love to do a British equivalent of this championship using minis, imps, lotus cortina, ect. At brands, Silverstone, Snetterton, croft, and so on. Just an idea for the future. Cheers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  11. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

Thank you Phil! But you and Kiril were better than me. :)

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1