Round 6 | Sebring

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

The 12 Hours of Sebring is an annual motorsport endurance race for sports cars held at Sebring International Raceway, on the site of the former Hendricks Army Airfield World War II air base in Sebring, Florida. The event is the second round of the United SportsCar Championship and in the past has been a round of the now defunct World Sportscar Championship, IMSA GT Championship and American Le Mans Series. In 2012, the race was the opening event of the FIA World Endurance Championship.

2018 Mobil 1 Twelve Hours of Sebring

2. John vd Geest

Weather settings for this race:

[​IMG]___ To ___ [​IMG]

Sunny / night. Start ingame 15:00 to 24:00 PM. Time acceleration = x 6.
    Sky: clear
    Rain change: 0%
    Humidity: 30%
    Temperature: 29 degrees
    Windspeed: 7,2 kph
    Wind direction: east

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018
  3. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

HI

i see rF2 version of the track is released tomorrow.

think well change to using rF2 version??

4. John vd Geest

Thanks Karl. Will check it out.

• Like Like x 1
  5. John vd Geest

Studio 397 Sebring is a laser scanned payware track for € 10,-.
    I'm not sure if the members are willing to pay an additional € 10,- for a track in this series on top of the Endurance Pack DLC.
    So, unless everybody agrees with the Studio 397 Sebring track, I'm using the VLM Sering, which is still good.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

awesome.
    well we have time to vote on it.
    im happy with either result, i like the VLM version

• Like Like x 2
  7. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

I'm not entirely happy to spend £8 on one track. Yes I know it's not much but when you add up it with the endurance track, Mclaren, Formula-E. soon the Reiza pack, it becomes quite a lot. The Sebring version we have is a great track. My vote goes to the Sebring version we have not the S397 version. I haven't driven it of course and it does look good. Damn it. It so tempting. No I will be strong and wait for the Steam sale Got stung buying the Formula-E stuff which was on sale a few months after it's release at 50%. That's my thoughts on this. We need to see how many of the entered drivers have it.

Having tested a few cars at Spa I'm going to change to the GTE class.

Have anyone noticed how these cars seem to drive as if they were on rails? Maybe I'm not pushing that hard but the car seemed a bit too stable. Maybe that's how the real cars are these days with the amount of downforce they have.

I suspect by the end of the day I'll have caved in and bought the track :(

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  8. John vd Geest

Turn off the traction control. I gues you have it on full. That changes a lot :)

9. John vd Geest

We have decided to use the Studio 397 Sebring version. We know it's another DLC, but it's only logical to use this track because of it's high quality and laser scan features.
    We have to keep pace with the developments in the sim world and using the VLM version is actually going backwards while the Studio 397 Sebring is out.
    It's obvious that some members can not or will not pay € 8,00 for this track, but we have to keep moving forward.
    There is still time to decide if you will buy it, as the event takes place on 11 november.

I have made a comparison video showing the differances between the VLM version and the Studio 397 version. It's quite obvious what we should go for to maintain the high quality of this series:

• Like Like x 1
  10. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Traction control is off. No driving aids at all. I'm probably not pushing enough . Need to compare my lap times with others. Will be interesting to see

11. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

i do agree with Paul A.

but you do have a very valid point.

maybe put it to a vote

ill only buy the studio version on a steam sale.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Yep does look good but didn't Vlm do a great job with their version. It will come down to how many have bought the track. Very tempting

13. John vd Geest

Seeing the 2 versions, VLM did a very good job. It was one of the most populair tracks in rF1 for a very good reason. But it's fallen behind now as it is still DX9 and not laser scanned.
    I believe we've made the right decision.

• Like Like x 1
  14. John vd Geest

The default setup's are indeed too stable. I think they made it "safe" to drive for people. After working on the setup to make it faster, I did quite a few 360's when driving the GTE's in anger :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  15. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

With a bit of luck before round 6 Sebring there might be a sale?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  16. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I made a disition the other day , go have a coffie & danish or buy the new laser scaned Sebring from 397 . Both about the same cost .. . so i bought the track .. !
    Oh & then went for coffie & danish ! :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Nigel Middleton

Some times in life you have to be optimistic :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  18. John vd Geest

The Sebring practise server has been renamed: Sim Racing Online Sebring.

19. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

is there another server for rfactor aswel?
    i need to do some server tests

20. Nigel Middleton

There is the Formula 2 server up RF2 no RF1 server up yet