Round 6 | Sebring

Discussion in 'G.E.A.R. Multiclass Endurance Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

What address Rob

2. Matheus Marçal

Matheus Marçal Pro Driver Broadcaster Media Group

https:/ /gaming.youtube.com/ channel/UCFjlZhPZxB2PK6GI _BIg2Sg /live

here rob, don't forget to take out the spaces!

3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thx !! they all got to watch !

• Like Like x 1
  4. Matheus Marçal

Here's the video for the broadcast everyone, give YouTube an hour or so to process all the 2+h of video (you know the drill)

Congrats on everyone who finished, congrats to @Toni Talvitie for the 4th win in a row and for the championship victory!
    Congrats to @John Melichar for the race win and for the championship victory too!

Thank you everyone who participated on the series, joined us on the chat and came here to race with us!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Thank you all for paticipating in this series, and SRO hopes to see you all again - and some new signups - when we do it all again !!

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  6. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

SPA Started the series totally unprepared for spa, no practice and didnt even know theres a bloody aero pack so Spa went tits up.
    LE MANS !st rain one, no clue about how tyres go and, if remember correctly, had to do extra pit because no rain tests but result okish.
    From silverstone forward i was prepared and gave my best.

I used to practice lots for races and it allways ended up someone puntimg me and for the frustration of it, didnt even race for allmost 2 years. Just did odd drunk
    drive at race2play until started doing casually more events. Maybe tweak drivable car before and just join server and praccy abit

Then John made me buy Assetto Corsa, damn you!
    Started practicing again because that Mazda in honey jar series was just a dancer on the track and continued doing so in this series also.

For cota i got new graphics card ( 1080HD or something 6yrs old, details minimum still :p ) also. Been doing races with AMD A10 integrated so its been really challenging, specially with rF2, so things got even better.

This race on Q i nailed, dunno how, a monster of a lap.

For race took mediums, had no tyre wear what so ever and pace was there. Used same set of tyres whole race.
    I suspected Marcos and John where on softs.
    Decided to take it super easy. Id have to win either of them.
    If win Marcos, win champ and if win John, im second and win champ also so had nothing to win when we drove 1st stint and everything to lose.
    Also the pace was very comfortable at the beginning so just chill in there.

3 or 4 whisky shots later i won it and its all Johns fault!

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. John vd Geest

I was on med also. You deserve to win the champ Toni. You did better then most of us in P2 !!

8. John vd Geest

Damn, my SRO skin didn't show again. I did in the first 2 rounds ...

9. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Race went ok for me until about 4 mins remaining when I spun going through the s bends before the Ullman straight. I was in 3rd and would have clinched the GTE championship had i remained there.

Unfortunately my spin put me in the wall and then someone crashed in to me. I apologize to whoever that was. John Melichar ended up taking home the W here which in turn earned him the championship. Well done.

Still happy with how the series went and hope a season 2 happens! Was a pleasure racing with all of you.

• Like Like x 5
  10. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

I noticed the skins for me, Lance, Bart, John and Craig never showed up either. Found that to be strange as they have worked perfectly in other league races we have used them in.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Matheus Marçal

I noticed that whilst streaming... I called you guys the white trio (3 white porsches xD)

12. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

I plan to watch the stream sometime this week when I have some free time. Thanks so much for your hard work doing the broadcast coverage for this series.

The skins not loading must have been an issue on the server side of things. Its easy to miss turning it on, although the skin for Chris Bruno was working perfectly fine for me.

Regardless, thanks to everyone involved in putting this series on. Was a lot of fun even though I didn't perform as well as I'd have liked to throughout it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Rob Milliken

Its strange they only worked for some ? The server is set right & has allow custom skins transfers to ON ..

14. Cody Eby

Cody Eby Pro Driver

Rather strange indeed. Certainly a noodle scratcher .

15. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

The only things I did this time around were the following.

Each time I made a change to the MAS file I renamed it so V1 V2 V3 at the end, etc. I understand that RF2 can’t recognize when a skin has changed in design it just looks at the file name and won’t replace it if the file name matches.

Secondly when I was on the server I selected my name and clicked on Skin Transfer at the bottom of the timing screen.

You get a red square next to your name. This means the server is uploading your livery file. Once done it turns into a green square to show its complete.

I noticed the white Porsche’s had grey boxes next to your names indicating that for some reason the upload had failed.

Anyway the skin transfer button for one reason or another worked for me.

16. Rob Milliken

All the skin box's normally should auto upload , & Yes , red while transferring, green when done & loaded ..It will also give black if its not transferring and then grey after the file has failed and it gives up .. At least that's how it has worked for me .. I will double check the rf2 servers & see about the auto part .. ..

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Rob Milliken

Well After checking the server It appears the check box was un checked , It must have been A server side error made by me , we had some issues Friday night as the time excel and start times were all wrong from perhaps a server side restart ? idk , anyway I had to set them again and assumed everything else was still set proper & never thought to check the skin transfer box again as they are always set to transfer so how it got switched off puzzles me :confused:.. .. but my bad .. o_O:eek:

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

What I'll do is post a forum post on the S397 forum and just get confirmation of what the little icons mean, then at least we have an up to date guide. The one I found was from 2014, which on the whole was correct it seems but it wasn't 100% clear.

Maybe that's why the skin transfer button needed to be clicked? I had to manually send the files to the server, whereas normally it happens automatically.

Anyway I think like most of us, it's a learning process. Sometimes things don't go to plan and that's ok.

On the bright side these cars look like they will return so I can run the same livery next time and give it some proper exposure, lol :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Paul Anstey

Paul Anstey Pro Driver

Had to pull out of this due to health problems which was unfortunate as of all the rounds this was the one I was looking forward to most.
    Congrats to winners to Toni and John :)

• Like Like x 4
  20. John Melichar

John Melichar Pro Driver

Great series!

Thanks for organizing, hosting, streaming and also for the fair racing!

It was a great experience for me. I'll be back for sure for more.

:cool:

• Like Like x 6