Round 6 Silverstone National

Discussion in 'Mazda MX-5 Cup UK Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

I'm up for it!!

2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

With the great support we've had for this series, it would be remiss not to follow it up with another. I'll be doing some work over the next week or so on new series, so I'll make sure to include it in there, probably starting sometime early in the New Year :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ken Jagger

Thanks for the suggestion Rob, I'll check it out :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Andre Hildebrandt

Andre Hildebrandt Pro Driver

The password to get in gives me an error message now?

5. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

I am guessing you were putting in the practice password and not the race day password.

Password changes from practice to race about 24 hours before the race.

6. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

I must apologize to @Sean Devlin for the hit. It was entirely my fault. Sorry for ruining you race :oops:

7. Ken Jagger

Did you follow the SRO Rule 3.1 on punting Flaviu?

8. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

Its no Problem Flaviu. it happens lol...

9. Chris Hill

Chris Hill Pro Driver

10. Frans van der Linden

Frans van der Linden Pro Driver Donator

lotus are also a lot of fun a bit like the mazda's

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Simon Pike

Simon Pike Pro Driver

Had a great start for a change then Battle with Chris,Roel, Hakan and Phil until I clipped Roel into turn 2 (sorry buddy my fault) :oops: then got wobbly into turn 1 while chasing :rolleyes:Phil which led to Frans hitting my rear not his fault racing accident then an awesome battle with Ken who drives the widest Mazda in the world could not get past for about 10 or more laps awesome defending my friend ;).
    Thank you for the season hope for more :)

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Frans van der Linden

Frans van der Linden Pro Driver Donator

• Like Like x 3
  13. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Had a good qualifying lap, just not good enough to beat Michiel.
    This was also the case in the race. I managed to overtake Michiel in the slipstream and viceversa.
    When launching a new attack, Michiel started lagging and I kept some distance to play it safe.
    Unfortunately, I fell out of his slipstream and he drove off into the sunset.
    I had to stay focused and defend from Henri which made him lose my slipstream as well.
    So same thing happen there. Another thumbs up for the guys being lapped who didn't hinder at all. F1 could learn from that! ;)
    Incredible turnup by the way. Long time I raced in such a large grid. It even got better with every round! :eek:
    Hope to see you all in another series soon.

Cheers,

Tim

• Like Like x 3
  14. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Hmmm, I think not. I wait for Sean but no drive-through penalty :(. My mistake again. A lot of mistakes from my side this race :oops:
    Still, between mistakes I had a good race with Neil, Andre, Sean :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

Just a few sidenotes for future championships (this is no critique at all, more like positive advice!)
    -with the mazda's there were too much people driving with the same skin.
    Custom skins can provide a good solution here. If we use simsync it can be easily implemented.
    I used this app/program in a previous league and it was a very useful tool to make sure every contestant has the necessary files.
    -the server yesterday didn't ran fluently. I noticed some lag with some drivers and regular stuttering overall.
    There once was a big freeze. Never had this before online in ac. Any idea why this happened?

Furthermore, thnx for organising this wonderfull championship, Ken.
    I wasn't completely sold on certain tracks but this layout was just the perfect place for close racing!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Neil Rocks

Neil Rocks Pro Driver

Yes Flavio, very enjoyable racing with you and Andre and others. Apologies Andre (if i remember right) for a little contact at one point.
    Great fun all season though, and a good challenge learning to race with clutch and h-shifter. Looking forward to the next thing (and strongly in favour of custom skins)!

Thanks all admin and everyone involved in putting this together.

• Like Like x 2
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  17. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

I don't think the server is the problem, because if the server lag, all cars going to lag. I think those people who lags have bigger ping some reason than others. Sometimes ac do that freezing to me too. Don't know why.

• Informative Informative x 1
  18. Ken Jagger

I disagree on too many people using the same skins, because the server was set with a maximum of two for each skin, so maybe it's because a small number of them are similar in appearance which made it look that way.
    I did not experience any problems or lag with any other cars, even at the start or when in close company with 4-5 others early in the race. I suspect the issue was local to you Tim. The freeze could've been something updating in the background of your PC? I had one on Wednesday in the rF race and suspect it was a WIN thing.

19. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Pro Driver

There was a time iirc when 4 people were racing number 70 f.e.
    The lag maybe a win thing. Can i check that somehow?

20. Ken Jagger

Unless it's a regular occurrence then I'd let it go as one of those things that you'll never get to the bottom of. You could try setting any background programs to manual update or disable them when racing.

• Informative Informative x 1