rFactor 2 Round 6 Suzuka

Discussion in 'DTM 2019 Preview Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Dmitriy Vozniy required to do a drive-through at the end of the 1st racing lap for using ESC in Qualifying in the previous race at Zandvoort.

2. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Is the GP or international layout used for this event?

3. Ken Jagger

The GP version will be used on the server, although I think the only difference is in the type of race start used (rolling or standing) for offline use.

4. Ken Jagger

Server is up

5. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

So, I tested for mismatches, and fortunately everything went fine this time. I can join the server normally.
    There is a sign up thread or post necessary for this series, or I can pick any car with any paint on it?

6. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Thank you Ken, the GP has the first chicane at the end, International the 2nd.

7. Ken Jagger

Hmm really, when I looked yesterday, I thought they both used the 1st chicane :oops:
    Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention :D

8. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Race day!

7 points between Dino and Sergey in the championship
    7 points between the winner and runner up in the race.

If Sergey wins with Dino 2nd, they will be on equal points, events, wins, and podiums, with Dino having more Pole Positions

Who would win the championship? :eek: does it default down to Pole positions?

9. Michael Schmiedel

Michael Schmiedel Pro Driver Donator

Sorry, I have to cancel my race.:( I wish all drivers a lot of fun.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Ken Jagger

Sorry you can't make it Michael.

11. Ken Jagger

Yes in this case it would as neither have any DNF's, which would be another factor in the results calculation.

12. Martino Maggiolo

Martino Maggiolo Pro Driver

hey guys...I'm not sure if I will make this one. Just waiting for company to leave. Of course its the wife's side. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Dino Paolini

Dino Paolini Pro Driver

That last one was a bit uneventful. I would have liked to have Sergey there as well :(
    Regardless, it was a good series, the cars from URD were really worth it.

See you maybe/hopefully on the Formula E series. Need to give that one a testdrive to see if it's fun first :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Firstly, thank you to SRO and Ken for running this championship.
    Looking forward to the next DTM championship with the newer mod next year (hopefully at a later time slot)

Congrats Dino on the championship. Had a couple of good races against you, but last couple you were just too strong.

Onto Suzuka....
    28 registered and just 9 racing is a bit disappointing, but that is simracing at the end of a championship.
    Shame Sergey didn't show up to give Dino some competition in the final round.
    Sorry to Toni for the slight tap into T1 on the first lap, I was busy watching Jens to the left of me.

P2 was best I could do here. Bit of a lonely race after I passed Toni into T1 on lap 3.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Ken Jagger

Not sure it Toni had a disconnect or not, but it's always a shame when somebody goes out in that way :(

16. Didier Coelo

Didier Coelo Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  17. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

i just spun.
    id done practice runs but 2 lap stints only and never got the balance right.
    on race stints was understeery heating up fronts that made lose grip on front and heat more so was crap.
    on pits i tried to remove rear wing few clicks and remove it but didnt work and took 20seconds :D
    but i like the mod.

18. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

I liked those DTM´s aswell. They are challenging and fun to drive, and look very good.
    Single race on this championship on my side.
    Everything was more or less straight forward. I had a nice and long chase against @Scott Ring for the 5th place, that eventually became 4th. Managed to hold him for most of the first stint, but I made a mistake on the spoon corner, enough for him to take advantage in a good manouvre. After that I lost touch with him, with 2 half spins during the second stint, I think?. Anyway, I pushed trying to get back, when he was battling a later stopper @Ken Jagger. But I didnt had enough speed to really challenge.
    Was good. Looks like I have to buy the URD DTM 2018 version now...:p

About what @Andrew Williams said :
    I have a hard time to accept this, to be honest. Since R2P days for me this is a big issue with the Simracing communit and its drivers. Lack of commitment with the whole picture.
    Is fine if you cant race, all of us have a real life to live. But dont put your name on a list that states you will be racing, and you simple dont show up. Thats for me is disrespectful with all Staff that work behind the scenes to put together a event where we can race and enjoy our passion and disrespectful with the other drivers that really intend to race. And that is annoying, to say the least.
    Of 30 names, only 9 care to be there. Really?
    Ok...:confused:o_Oo_O

Other than that, I wish everybody here at SRO a safe and enjoyable holiday for the new year´s eve!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Scott Ring

Scott Ring Pro Driver

Angelo, Yeah Ken seemed to be delaying his pit a long time and fighting to keep me behind. My first thought; "is this team orders? to back me up into the clutches of Angelo?
    :p But I knew better (not teammates), and had a great time chasing both of you.
    Ken, were you scared side by side in 130R?:eek: I was! Woah! good stuff boys.

Is the URD DTM 2018 only on Assetto? If so I really need to buckle down and figure out that sim..

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  20. Ken Jagger

Taking as late a stop as possible I was hoping that maybe towards the end of the race you guys would've cooked your tyres allowing me to play catch-up, which did work a bit but not enough. It was to my advantage to try and keep the early stoppers behind me, including Tony at one point, but it's a tough ask racing others on fresh rubber and low fuel.
    And Scott I knew you were somewhere very close going into 130R, but was confident in both our abilities to avoid any contact and allow each other racing room, just like it should be :) Only thing was I then blew it on the brakes into the final chicane :eek: