Assetto Corsa Comp Round 6 Suzuka

Discussion in 'Tuesday Night ACC Porsche Cup Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

That was an incredible series - I really enjoyed it :cool:

I'm just hoping like hell that Gavino somehow DIDN'T get fastest lap, as otherwise it looks like Eike is correct and I've taken the championship by a grand total of nothing!
    If I didn't manage it, then I just have to say that the better man won. In modern stuff I know can't really take it to Gavino under normal circumstances.

If I did then just Yay! :D

Thanks to all who took part, for a reverse grid series I have to say this one featured the best/cleanest racing I've ever encountered in these circumstances.
    I think it's well done to Matteo for 3rd in the series?

Big thanks to Rob for running the series - and to Eike for some fantastic commentary to spice it up nicely :)

• Like Like x 4
  2. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

Well, it wasn't surely a smooth race for me, but at least I had some bits of fun here and there with my chasing to 6th position.
    I don't have a replay, but that 1st lap crash put an end to every chance of a better position than 3rd in the champ, so I simply tried to bring that heap of scrap metal to the finish line. Don't worry Janne. Sxxt happens, and for me it wasn't the first time during this champ to try and comeback after a 1st lap crash. At least I had some good fights during the race, even if I had to cut the last chicane after Lorenzo pulled the braking leaving me no space to go except the grass. So, I decided to pass in that chicane, even if it has been a bit weird.

However, I had to make some congrats to my teammate Simone and Gavino, that were on another planet in this race. It was beutiful to see that VDA 1 - 2 without team orders, but I know that Gavino is a guy with a great heart, and as he always repeat: "Team comes first!". And I know that Simone, for all his committment showed during this season truly deserved this victory.
    It's always a pleasure to do a champ with my teammates, cause it was a bit that we didn't join a champ together, even if, tbh I was really pissed off after the update of ACC that completely ruined any feeling with this car o_O

Special grats even to @Tim Muttram, that is getting faster every race a bit more, even on modern stuff. I guess that Gavino should have the fastest lap, but we will discover it when results will be ready. In any case, great job for both of you!

Another special thank goes to @Rob Milliken for putting up this series with the best car on ACC (before the last update) :D

And the last one goes surely to all the drivers that joined this series, and to a real added value to the series with his commentary: @Eike Sky! Thank you so much for your brillant commentaries. Long life to VDA and SRO!

Now I can finally remove from the hard disk this sim for car engineer lovers :D:D:D

• Like Like x 4
  3. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

According to 'Results Companion' (which is known to be wrong quite often), here are the fastest laps

upload_2020-12-15_23-11-6.png

• Like Like x 1
  4. Eike Sky

Eike Sky Pro Driver

So if I'm reading correctly, Gavino takes the championship due to having the fastest lap of this race? What a tight championship! Gives me some ideas for the future

5. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Official results have been posted !!
    I agree , the fastest lap points add another bit of spice to it all !
    Great race & great series ! Thank you all !!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Well done Gavino! You were by far the faster driver and deserved the win.
    I'd like to say I'll get you next time, but unless you join me in a classic series we both know I probably won't ;) (and even then it'll be bloody close)

• Like Like x 2
  7. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

Well at Suzuka that car felt totally alien compared to when I raced it at the same track earlier in the year ... something has certainly changed and I was not up to the task of mastering it :(.
    Congrats to the new Champion; thanks go to Rob for putting the series together and thanks too to Eike for the entertaining broadcasts :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Simon Gymer

Simon Gymer Pro Driver

Well done to Gavino, Tim and Matteo for the championship podium. Unlucky Tim to lose out by one point!

I really enjoyed the cars this season, those Cup cars are so alive, like they were in AC as well. When ACC first came out the Cup cars were dissapointing, but now they are great fun and require a lot of skill.

I had some up and down races this season and Suzuka was really tough but I enjoyed the challenge and competition.

Thanks to Rob and simracingonline.co.uk on hosting this series and to everyone involved in making it happen.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I only raced at Bathurst but what a difference! I started P1 and dropped 17 places. This was my worst race ever, I had totally no confidence in the car, none. I upped my FFB gain 10% because it was so low before and I was quite unable to make a turn because it was too high then, so dropped 5% again. I had this big dead zone around the center of the wheel. I had to be super precise it seems or the car would spin. Maybe it is because I was unable to get heat into the front tires, no idea. I tried pushing harder in the second half of the race if that was the case but spun like 7 times I think. I let everyone pass me during the race by going aside as much as I could. I had no confidence in the car and didn't want to put up a fight and collide due to me not being able to handle the car. I was testing my new headset running at 60 Hz only.. that did put me off but I can't relate to having those issues because of it.

Well done to Gavino with the championship! Well deserved!

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

This was a really fun series & Big shout out to Eike for his excellent broadcasting ! It was good to see the sportsmanship and level of integrity continue to grow as we went along !
    Respecting your fellow driver & respecting the sport makes for great racing ! Thanks all of you ! :D

As for me lack of time = lack of practice & well off pace but I still enjoyed driving these beautiful cars !
    Assetto Corsa Competizione Screenshot 2020.12.16 - 02.17.05.10.jpg

I had to pull out of this one early as work called & were down to the wire with a deadline to meet by Friday so I had to get in early for the big push (that Friday is also is my last day for 2 weeks - xmass vaca ! )

:DNormally I would have plenty of time on Tuesdays as my regular shift starts 1.5 hrs later then this new adjusted 'covid shift' that I have been on .
    The time slot fits perfect for "normal shift" but it was a bit tight for these new work hrs ..:rolleyes: so I had to split right after every race (& be 5 min late lol ..)

To keep Tuesday Night Racing a thing' I would like to hear from you guys .. Your input is valuable to having a successful series ! ;)

• Like Like x 2
  11. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Good race from P16 to P5 or so and finally finish one.
    Acc is a mystery, dont know what a f is going on with setting up the car in this game. Track helped me today, i like it and
    i think that newest patch too since people had problems with handling.

12. Laurent Londes

Huh? Felt quite the opposite for me.

13. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

Horrible race for me!
    I made the setup before patch was realesed, as a result yesterday the car was totally undrivible, really had to fight every corner to stay on track, and couldn't find the pace i had.

Thanks to Rob for organising amd to Eike for the broadcast, congratulation to championship podium!

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Want to share my broadcasting, just to show what happened at the start and the problem about the widget Andrew was talking about.

Cheers

Lorenzo

• Like Like x 3
  15. Laurent Londes

Well, doesn't it say you have to be on the right? That big red arrow pointing to the right.. I only did 2 starts with this system, but seems like it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Lorenzo Galluzzi

You are right Laurent, i didn't noticed that, actually i stayed on the left side since i started there...

• Like Like x 1
  17. Laurent Londes

Is anyone using the "dynamic damping" option in the FFB options?

18. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Congratulation to Gavino for the championship, and to Tim and Matteo for the podium.
    Thank you Rob for organising and Eike for very professional broadcast.
    I also must say I tried hard to love ACC. But I can't. After over 200 hours in this sim, I don't ... understand it :( It is very frustrating.
    I race to have fun, and I can't have at all in ACC
    I think I will take a brake from ACC.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Mark Johnson

Mark Johnson Pro Driver

just watched the replay, always great to see and brings the racing alive :cool: Big thanks to Rob for organising and Eike's replay coverage :)
    One question, why was it only 6 rounds long?! We could have easily had a 10 round epic series out of these cars. o_O

Looking at those fastest laptimes, i am cursing the damn fuel calculator again this morning. All my pre-race laptimes were 2:04's and 2:05's which was why i was duking it out with the fast boys on fastest laps just before the race. In the race i didnt get higher than a 2:06.1 :rolleyes: Still it was good fun and no spins, so a good race all in all. Its not often i can stay with someone like Matteo for many laps :)

Regarding the change in setup, the yaw change explains everything. We need to shift the aero balance to keep these cars happy since the patch. So dont give up on ACC, those who thought the car now ruined. You just need to shift the balance through rake angle to reduce the oversteer. My car felt pretty damn good last night, just a little edgy like a 911 likes to be at full chat. Only corner i was nervous of was the final chicane as it kept stepping out at the front end on exit.

ps on lap1 was there oil on the exit of Degna 2 ? at least 3 or 4 of you span off there un-assisted :eek:

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    • Like Like x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. Bill Grewcock

Bill Grewcock Pro Driver

Thanks for your insight, Mark ... I had not considered the rake angle

• Like Like x 1