rFactor 2 Round 6 Virginia Full Course - Sun Jun 11, 2023

Discussion in 'IMSA 2023 Sports Car Championship Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 25, 2023.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Promotion for the next Sunday summer series

Everybody is hereby invited to join the S397 Porsche GT3 Cup 992 European Series
    Starting Sunday June 25
    Qual: 19:00 GMT
    Race: 19:20 GMT

Duration: 60 minutes

The Porsche GT3 Cup 992 has quickly become a community favourite and you can put it to full use on some epic tracks, starting with Monaco.
    It has almost no setup options, no TC or ABS, so the driver makes the difference, not some clever setup. Server will be up today.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats to Nick for the win and to Tanner for the championship!

Thank you John for another great series and choosing some great tracks. It's great seeing everyone racing. Eithia, another great broadcast as always.

Cheers everyone,

Johnny

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

I was sad for both of us; I was looking forward to a nice battle to tie a little bow on our intramural McLaren rivalry this season. :D

Last edited: Jun 12, 2023
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Pasha Paterson

THE COMPETITION FOR P2 IN GTD !!!!!!!! :eek:
    upload_2023-6-12_9-29-37.png

• Like Like x 4
  5. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

Close one indeed. :)
    I'm surprise I'm that high... probably due to some driver missing rounds I guess.

Grats on the podium Pasha.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Pasha Paterson

Indeed, only seven people across both classes participated in all six events.
    "In order to finish first, you must, first, finish..." ...but even before that, you must take the start :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

Still a good championship overall... SRO remain my favorite place for rf2... and very nice stream.
    Sorry about the relatively poor racecraft... it was probably a bad idea to start with a 90min race format.

But now I feel ready...:cool:
    See you guys around.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Maybe took little too long ratios but nevertheless pace was there. Just made too many mistakes, 2 spins and couple other runoffs.
    Traffic was sometimes challenging. Thanks to those who were more aware. Dont know was it on stream but i spun behind @Kahel Grahf just because i spun it. He was one of those more aware drivers and rest of you im sute you knowcwho you are.
    Good series and shame couldnt take part more.
    @Nick Westy well deserved with that tyre management!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Kahel Grahf

Kahel Grahf Pro Driver

To add a bit of context... I felt a bit responsible when I saw you spin... @Toni Talvitie
    Probably not my fault per say... but I did a minor mistake the corner before, which threw me off and forced me to stay a bit too much in the middle of the track.

Otherwise I would have stayed to the right (or left, depending of the timing) and brake earlier...

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Nick Westy

Nick Westy Pro Driver Donator

my best race yet, managed to take the lead in turn 1 after toni opened the door on the inside, thought I had messed it up with the spin going into the esses after going offline to miss traffic and putting a wheel on the grass but ended up in the right direction after a few 360s and only lost a few seconds even tho I lost the lead, managed to stay with Toni and he got bauked in traffic and I slipped through on the inside, I had planned on changing tyres but had lower deg than expected so decided to stretch it, JFYI I was on medium tyres not softs as they mentioned in the steam, no way I could have done it all on one set of softs.
    The car still handled well even on worn tyres although I was managing the left front a little so always lost time at oak tree corner, the traffic was very well behaved for the most part although had to take a few liberties in places to not loose too much time.

Prototypes are my specialty so I don't think I will be on the pace as much for the porsche cup race but I'm looking forward to it hopefully we can have a LMP2 ELMS or ASLMS championship soon so I can enjoy driving this car again but the upcoming LMP3 championship looks good. Thanks for the steam guys, never been the center of attention before lol.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Robin Taylor

Robin Taylor Pro Driver

Congrats to both the winners of the race and the series, Thanks for another good series @John vd Geest , Also another good broadcast by Eithia. Looking forward to the next.

• Like Like x 1
  12. John vd Geest

Thank you :)

13. Tim Cartwright

Tim Cartwright Pro Driver

Congratulations to the winners, podiums and everyone who raced in the series. Special thank you to John for organising, it was so good having the dynamic of all the different cars, each with their own pros and cons. Very tempting to switch cars half way through but where would the fun be in that, BMW is quick as they kept mentioning in the broadcast and can be a total bullet on new soft tyres but I never quite got on top of the race pace where it turned into a bit of a supertanker. Anyway, awesome racing with everyone I met on track, looking forward to the next series.

• Like Like x 5
  14. John vd Geest

My pleasure :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. John vd Geest

• Like Like x 1