Assetto Corsa Round 6 Zandvoort 67

Discussion in 'F1 Classic 1967 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

Thanks I will check if im using it although this is not happening in the pit lane. I am uploading a video of my lap that reported a track cut. not sure why it did that

2. Martyn McClune

This is the lap that reported a track cut

I know it is slow so any tips welcome :)

3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

No, I can't see any cuts. PLP doesn't only report pit speeding, but also track cuts. Are you sure you don't have it on? I never get a cut track warning in Zandvoort although I went off several times.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Martyn McClune

Im not on pc at ghe moment John but i will check later .i think i have all apps enabled so likely it is on :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

6. John vd Geest

Shame, but np. Do what you can :)

7. Fabrizio Ferrante

Fabrizio Ferrante Pro Driver

I'm not sure about kerbs colours in this track version; in '67 should be white and black.
    Of course, not a really important thing. :)

[​IMG]

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Difficult to say any tips from that angle, but I did not see at least that you would use the full width of the track in any corner.

9. John vd Geest

That's a really nice picture. Look how close the photographer is standing. Nowedays, if someone would be standing there, the whole race would be stopped, and an army of marshals would decent on him. Plus the whole world would be talking about it LOL!

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

I've been trying several cars yesterday including the Honda. I did a 1:21.5 with it. I think I still have a replay of the lap. I'll try to get it online.

11. Laurent Londes

Here's the replay. Not the perfect lap. I also clipped the side of the road at some point destabilizing the car. Getting into the 1:20's should be possible with this car. Hope it helps.

• Like Like x 2
  12. John vd Geest

There is room for guestdrivers at Zandvoort and the last round Feldbergring !

• Like Like x 1
  13. Pablo Finotti

Pablo Finotti Pro Driver

I'm unregistering for the remainder of the season. Brazilian Summer Time is over and the at time what races begin, has become too difficult to attend, 17:00.
    Wish all the drivers good luck.

14. John vd Geest

Understood. Thanks for supporting the series!

15. Laurent Londes

My impressions from testing the different cars :

Honda : Easiest car to drive of the ones I tried. Lacks pace though, I'd say it's 1.5 seconds off the top times at Zandvoort.
    Cooper : You can push this one really hard but needs good car control. One of my favourite cars. 0.5 seconds off the pace of top cars I'd say.
    Brabham : This one is tricky. Oversteers on corner entry, understeers afterwards. I haven't got used to it yet and there is more pace in it than I did. Maybe needs slightly different driving lines. I'd say it's 1 second off the pace.
    Lotus 49 : Hardest part is getting the power down. Needs good throttle control since the car gets loose easily. Not as easy to drive as some other cars.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Fabrizio Ferrante

Fabrizio Ferrante Pro Driver

I perfectly agree with Laurent.
    My favorite car is for sure the Cooper.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

No broadcast for tonight's race?

No link

18. John vd Geest

The car twitched on me. Went over the dunes up in the air and the engine blew.
    Next!

19. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Decent start and got up a few positions to 6th on the start. Had a collision with someone in an Eagle though and this put me to the back. Then had to fight back to eventually finish 6th (My first point! :D). Loved this track though, apart from when you make a tiny mistake and launch off a sand dune.

• Like Like x 3
  20. Laurent Londes

That's too bad John, better luck next time !

Well done Mac, you're on the board :cool:

Ack, I want to watch the broadcast too but can't find a link .. help !

• Like Like x 2