Round 6 Zolder - Thu Dec 10, 2020

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa league: DRM mod Closed' started by John vd Geest, Sep 5, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

[​IMG]

Welcome to round 6 Zolder

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

upload_2020-11-30_16-36-10.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Just hoping for big grid for last race...

4. John vd Geest

I'm guessing 16 cars but hope for more.

5. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

Good luck today guys! (Posted in the right chat this time)

• Like Like x 4
  6. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Unplanned work hours makes me miss the final one, have fun.

7. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

I can only say that I'm really sad about my brutal punting Phil. I completely missed the 100 meters mark, and I simply didn't brake at all. Don't know what to say other than sorry. I deeply apologize.

After that mistake I felt so bad that I was not able to go on with the race, so I retired. Don't know what I can say more. Maybe a silence is better... :(

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 5
  8. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

I'm really sorry about what happened at the start. I had a good launch and tried to go into a gap but it quickly closed off and that caused a pileup. I'll need to take a look at the replay again but I'm pretty sure it was my fault, so I gave myself a drive-through.

Congrats to the podiums and to Tim and Toni on the championships :)

(Can someone please post the full race replay?)

9. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Q i was hoping for 1.34. high but didnt nail it
    R great start until one red car was inside in t2 i guess and touch me and jettisoned to sand.
    After that it was 15minutes of downhill... went for pass from @Maxime Tendil and kept my line got touched again for a little spin. Maybe lost rear abit there?
    So basically for 15 minutes i was pretty much swearing out loud. Really wanted to finish at top with a margin and win like a champ but didnt happen today.

Got past everyone else but @Jos Ogos . That car was wide and i punt it 2 times. 1st i noticed maybe Jos doing Schumachers on me so was really tricky to do
    slow ones as he was slow and just maximizing exit while getting my momentum down ofc..so plan B, punt him out ;:D well accidently...
    2nd punt came when Jos moved his car little to left and i was on his bumper. But he blocked my right side and that locked the rightside tires so plan B again
    but obviously gave it back.
    All this cooled my brakes and tires, when waiting to give position, and made rest of the couple laps not so good.
    Very disappointed @result.

gz all who took part. It was little messy at times but forums were hot and i think this series was big success overall. Had chance of winning 3 races more,
    2 for sure, but then again we missed @Dennis Matzies who was the one to beat , for all of us.

Dont have many mod experience from AC mods but this one is on top 3. Cant say which is the best but top 3 are the specially good and enjoyment to drive.

cheers all,
    I go cry myself to sleep now :p

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Filip Stoyanovich

Filip Stoyanovich Pro Driver

Well, what can I say. Blessed by the Gods of T1 incidents today it seems, so it was safe to run off into distance with a good car and pace. So I could only try and hotlap and experiment a bit. I tried to change driving style and build the setup to load the front tires as much as possible. Otherwise my left rear would burn out too soon. Struggled with brakes overheating in the second half of the race, also rears would lock up with lighter fuel load, so I tried to be careful. I ran up to Toni and Jos' battle on track at one point, so with the big gap I had on 2nd place, I could afford to slow down a bit for them to watch them battle it out.

Congrats to the Champions! :) You both did really good in the season, Tim with the fast but heavy and unforgivable brute M1, and Toni despite all his troubles he had. I think Laurent could do with a bit more aggressive style with the Porsche and wish he was even more in these battles for wins. Despite that, he did pretty good each race as far as I know and knocked in those points for the championship. :) Happy to see those 308 Ferraris with Phil and Paul getting their game up a bit towards these last few races :) I love that car!

Pretty happy with my results in the championship. But most importantly, awhile ago I was hoping to bump into a good crew to race this awesome DRM mod. Hopefully this series returns to SRO sometimes soon. Always had great battles and this was the case this season too.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  11. John vd Geest

Caitlin Penny thank you very much for broadcasting this series. You did a fantastic job. You really added that extra dimension to it.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

Congrats to the Championship winners. Well done and great job! Congrats also to Filip and the podium finishers.
    Massive thanks to @John vd Geest and @Caitlin Penny for setting up the series and for the great streaming. I think everyone that participated and fought for the races, whatever the position we ended, deserved to be congratulated. These cars are fun but very challenging to drive and, watching the videos, all races have been intense and fun to watch.

I'll do my more detailed recap of the race tomorrow, when the video is fully cooked (I might dispute some of Toni's remarks in his earlier message :) although he got it generally right, leaving aside most of my role on the second punt...). Great race from Toni in any case. I'm really glad of putting together such a defence that successfully contained his better pace. You will be able to see that interminable battle in tomorrow's video but, today, I just wanted to upload the very chaotic start most of you had :D.....

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

• Like Like x 3
  14. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Sorry but I don't get you Toni, to my knowledge and after watching the replay the only one contact we got was this one and I must say that I don't really feel guilty here : (I suggest to turn the sound down as the import seems to be bogued from nVidia direct export)

Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

I quite dislike chicane tracks like this one and even more after that race. Most of people just don't always try to keep at least 2 wheels on the asphalt, to say the least.
    Anyway I wasn't able to really practice for this event and I'm done with this mod to be honest. I love some of its aspects but strongly dislike some others. I'm happy the series got to an end.

Big congrats to both championship winners Tim and Toni, and of course to my team mate Jos who did a great one once again, bringing back a great second win !!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Phil Brown

Phil Brown Pro Driver

I forgive you Matteo,I had already ruined my race by then anyway:D

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Thanks all for season, great fun like always. Even if these cars are not my cup of tea, they still offer good thrill on any track.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

@Maxime Tendil was not accusing nor blaming, just asking as little clueless myself :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. John vd Geest

Mon plasir. :)

• Like Like x 4
  20. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

1st off sorry to Matteo for T1, it was all going fine until I hit those bumps at the turn in and the car bounced about a foot to the right - I think we were fine up until then, but it was enough that I just tapped your left rear :(
    I'm not sure if the accident further past T1 was also due to me or not - obviously I'm very sorry if it was.

I did initially wait, but you still hadn't even moved by the time the grid was nearly by so I continued as I thought you were quitting.
    A lap later and I spotted you'd continued moving and was just off the rear of the pack, so I slowed and waited for you to re-pass again as I'd far rather finish honestly (Sorry to anyone who was confused by my pulling over on the back straight).

Qualifying was a personal best, and better than I expected from the M1, winning this round was always an 'it would be nice' goal on such a tight track - so I was dead pleased to get 3rd with such a small margin.
    I've covered the start of the race which was terrible, but once going again it was at least good fun as I fought my back up from dead last until I was eventually 2nd - having done my maths before the event I knew what I needed and had no intention of taking any extreme risks. As a result I could be patient and just wait for openings before passing people.

Congratulations to Filip on his 2nd win and also on robbing 2nd in the championship from Laurent at the last round!
    Well done also to Jos for holding out hard for that win - and to Toni, Mac and Jos for the top spots of Div2. :cool:

Next DRM series maybe myself, Matteo, Filip and Laurent can all take the K2 for a proper fight amongst ourselves :D

• Like Like x 2