rFactor 2 Round 6 Zolder

Discussion in 'Formula BMW Euro-Championship Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 18, 2022.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

SERVER IS UP

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ramon Pujals Cavalle

Ramon Pujals Cavalle Pro Driver Donator

Hi guys, track limits at the first chicane is very tight. Little touch of kerb and lap would not count. Can we loosen the track limits at this chicane?

3. Michał Mazurek

Michał Mazurek Pro Driver

Good luck to everyone in the race

Unfortunately, I will only be an observer. See you next season, probably next year.
    May the best win
    Best regards
    Michal Mazurek

• Like Like x 2
  4. Ken Jagger

Shame you can't make it Michal :(

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ken Jagger

It is very sensitive but I don't want to open it up and encourage intended cutting.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Ken Jagger

My objective for this final race in the series was to finish ahead of Philipp as he was only 1 point behind me after the previous five rounds. He was very fast in practice and I wasn't sure I would be able to challenge him in the race on pure pace, but a PB in Qualifying gave me 3rd place on the grid, ahead of him, which should've helped me a little bit. Unfortunately Ramon fluffed his start and in trying to avoid him we made contact and I lost a couple of places going down to T1. On the exit I had another contact with somebody on the outside, not sure who?, which turned me 90 degrees left into the barrier with a soft contact.

I had front aero damage, either from the start or this incident, which left me on the back foot all the way in a fruitless attempt to catch those ahead. The expected race with Philipp was over straight away which was a disappointment, but congratulations to him on a very strong performance in finishing 2nd in the race and also the championship. With Michal not running in this race, I was gifted the 3rd position in the series that I was expecting to fight Philipp for, but that's not a very satisfying way to earn it.

Grats to Kostas who has been extremely strong in this series from the start and thoroughly deserves the Drivers Championship.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver

Thanks Ken, it was an honor to fight with you for third in the championship (I agree with you on the latter). In addition, I would have enjoyed to fight wheel to wheel with you in this race as well. Well, with the insane start I would have liked to just drive away. But in racing, many things happen outside our control, that's part of it.

I was almost shocked when I took the lead and was able to keep it halfway through the race. But as it sometimes happens, a stationary car suddenly appears on the track. I could no longer avoid it and lost the lead to Ramon. What followed was a battle between me Ramon and Kostas. It looked like Ramon had already won it, but as fast as he is, we two were back on it and were the last ones left after his last little mistake.

Kostas was extremely strong through turn four, so it was clear that I had to hit this turn no matter what. But once I didn't manage it and then he was already next to it and past - two laps before the end.

Congratulations Kostas, for the win and the championship. Also thanks to all the others who rode with me and Ken for hosting.

And last but not least, a highlight clip from the race.

I haven't done this in a long time, but I thought it would fit quite well today, maybe one or the other will enjoy it. See you on track next year.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Ramon Pujals Cavalle

Well guys, about the race...This time I was more consistent! I fumbled the start cos I didnt find the Start lights. And poor Ken bumped my rear. Sorry Ken! Things went going with Phillipp and Kostas ahead. Slowly I move towards Kostas, we had a nice battle. At chicane two I was under his rear wing. He spun and since it could have been me slightly touching his rear I stopped and waited. Then, the dance was back on with Kostas! Finally I passed Kostas and went for Phillip. But he was far ahead. I was going fast after him but just skimming tenths on him. No chance to get him, until...a backmarker (drunken?) got him. Then I was in front going fast and leaving Phillipp and Kostas behind slowly. At roughly 10 min to finish and with my position assured (so I thought) I had a mistake and Phillipp and Kostas took the gift with gusto. They were there behind me closer than I thought! I made it to third on a nice race I enjoyed so much. Grats to Phillip and Ken. BTW is there a place I can see the race? Cya soon guys!!!!!!

• Like Like x 3
  9. Ken Jagger

10. Kostas Kantzouras

Kostas Kantzouras Pro Driver

Thanks guys! I enjoyed driving this car!

I also did a bad start from P2, so Philipp passed me. I thought I would battle with Michal, but instead I did with Philipp and Ramon, which was a lot of fun.
    The chicane was tricky to not cut and I had to be extra careful, so I got a warning only once.
    Till next time, cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ramon Pujals Cavalle

Yes Kostas! It was a lot of fun. Sorry for the touch in chicane 2. Look forward to meet you in track ASAP :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1