Automobilista 2 Round 7 Kyalami 2019 - Sat Dec 10, 2022

Discussion in 'AMS2 GT3 Championship' started by John vd Geest, Aug 25, 2022.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 5, 2022
  2. Kyle Wynia

Kyle Wynia Pro Driver

I can’t find the practice server. Is it up?

3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

yes .. I was on it last night ,let me check..

4. Rob Milliken

Its up ..Sometimes you need to refresh a few times to get it to show . server name= SRO GT3 Championship

• Like Like x 2
  5. Kyle Wynia

Kyle Wynia Pro Driver

Thanks! I'll try and find it again tonight! Looking forward to the race tomorrow

• Like Like x 1
  6. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

I will miss this race. I got my computer back from the shop. Started with the download of rf2. Seems endless. :eek: Hope to have all up and running for Sunday.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

lol, I can imagine. I think when I setup my new PC it was something like 8GB of data for RF2. I made sure I had a bit of a cleanup after that. You don't realise just how many mods you subscribe to sometimes.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

Ok, well I've done quite a lot of practise, not sure where I am speed wise but much more prepared than last time! lol

Fun track, I remember doing 100's of laps around Kyalami in RF2 and the IMSA DPi cars. The only downside is it's very easy to defend around here and passing can be difficult without making contact or the person in front really messing up.

I also test drove the GT1 McLaren GTR Longtail. What a great car to drive! I was lapping in the 40's and great fun (I'm sure there's more speed to come though). Shame there aren't a few more to choose from in that category. I suppose the MC12 is the main one that might be on par with the trio in-game.

Hopefully see you all later.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Rob Milliken

10. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

very disappointing disconnect. in recent days this is a frequent occurrence in AMS2, this has never happened before ... disconnect, I already forgot what it is ((

11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

bad luck matey, you were jumping around a little on the screen in front of me but settled down, i did wonder if disconnect was the issue.

Was looking good for me but ran out of fuel just as I approached the pit lane. One or two laps to go. I added on seven more laps of fuel before the start but obviously that wasn’t enough. Good race from me though I think.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Kyle Wynia

Kyle Wynia Pro Driver

Sucks about the disconnect. Seen it happen so many times. Andrew bad luck on the fuel! You were ripping. I thought we had to pit once so I set my strategy for that whoops should have read the guidelines deeper. Regardless super fun race and clean had some good battles! Looking forward to another gt3 league in ams2 or other sim with you all! Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

My second race in the McLaren and just underestimated it, my own fault but enjoyed the race greatly and had some good battles. When I found myself in the lead after Roman disconnected I suddenly got an attack of nerves (been a while since I’ve led) but managed to calm down in a few laps. Lol.

Yeah I was surprised when you pulled into the pit lane, I thought for a moment I’d got it wrong myself!

Fingers crossed for some more GT3 leagues on AMS2. Hope to race with you all again soon.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

Sad last race of championship for me.
    I forgot to add fuel after qualy, so pitted in lap 1 and lost over 1 min. Tried hard to catch drivers in front then in last 10 min 3 mistakes in T1 and ... race over

• Like Like x 1
  15. Rob Milliken

Ya it was a fun race, I had a couple off's while chasing the pack that set me way back but then again caught up when Mariusz & Kai also had issues :rolleyes:. then at the end I saw i was using 3.68L per lap then crossing the line for the last lap I saw I only had 3.0o_O, so i was lifting to try and make it then to my surprise car in front binned it in sector 3 gifting me 3rd (due to disconnects) :eek::D .. to bad the fields are so small these days but still a lot of fun ..
    I did read that some providers in Germany have been having a lot of network issues over the last 3 weeks so maybe that's affecting some players?

I'm looking to start another series here with AMS2 & so need some ideas of what would maybe attract a few more drivers.. so any ideas are welcome ..

• Like Like x 1
  16. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper Pro Driver

it’s a tough one my friend. I totally understand your frustration for sure.

The GT3’s are good fun on AMS2 but whether people are hooked on ACC for their GT3 action I don’t know.

I enjoyed the GT1’s.

I’d be tempted to suggest the Brazil V8 stock cars and some of the Brazilian Tracks on AMS2 but that might be too "specific" for most people and they won’t want to race something they don’t know very well.

‘The Brazil F3 car is pretty good fun, small, nimble, fairly forgivable. Again it races well on the lesser known Brazilian tracks.

My least favorite are probably touring cars or low downforce, I can’t deal with cars sliding around all over the place. Lol.

17. Kai Syvertsen

Kai Syvertsen Pro Driver

Less noticed
    There is a series of options with several options to choose from!
    Copa Classic B
    Copa Classic FL
    Copa Fusca
    HOT CARS
    Mini Cooper JCW
    OPALA STOCK CARS
    P3 P4

• Like Like x 1
  18. Roman Granatovich

Roman Granatovich Pro Driver

I am just starting to study AMS2 and unlike PC2, where the big and interesting GT3 class, here this class is only 4 cars and boring, but I saw on the contrary a lot of cars in the GT4, perhaps it will be more interesting. And it is strange that so few drivers, unfortunately PC2, which I really loved, decided not to develop in PC4, is a pity. but perhaps AMS2 will shelter the Project cars community for a while

• Like Like x 1
  19. Rob Milliken

Maybe we could do some 1 offs' A different car/combo each week just to check out some of the cars & tracks available ...

• Like Like x 3
  20. Kyle Wynia

Kyle Wynia Pro Driver

GT3 or GTE maybe even DPi mixed with 60min races, live weather, mandatory pit stops. I joined a previous league with the GTE+DPi and it was a blast having mixed. I am really interested in a league feat. GT style cars as I would like to master one. I think a league with one off cars / tracks would be fun as well but would a little less serious for me. If people want more styles of GT cars PC2, ACC would be other options as they have more types.

• Winner Winner x 1