Round 7 Laguna Seca 2019-12-04

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Season 2 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Jul 29, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Raceway Laguna Seca

Laguna Seca Raceway (branded as WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca, and previously Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca) is a paved road racing track in central California used for both auto racing and motorcycle racing, built in 1957 near both Salinas and Monterey, California, United States.

The racetrack is 2.238 miles (3.602 km) long, with a 180 feet (55 m) elevation change. Its eleven turns are highlighted by the circuit's signature turn, the downhill-plunging "Corkscrew" at Turns 8 and 8A. A variety of racing, exhibition, and entertainment events are held at the raceway, ranging from superkarts to sports car racing to music festivals. Laguna Seca is classified as an FIA Grade Two circuit.

The name Laguna Seca is Spanish for "dry lagoon": the area where the track now lies was once a lake, and the course was built around the dry lake bed. After the course was reconfigured, two artificial ponds were added.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  2. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

Speaking of Laguna Seca and GT cars, this is, of course, the site of one of the most infamous finishes in GT history.

Remember, don't be a Jorg on Saturday. ;)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Servers up !

• Like Like x 3
  4. John vd Geest

The list for this event has 13 signups, including 2 broadcasters Pahsa and Caitlin. So that makes 11 drivers.

Please try to make it for this last event of the series.
    90 minutes with 2 broadcasters and 7 cars is a bit weird.

If any other members would like to sign up for this last round, they still can.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

Broadcast is scheduled!

• Like Like x 5
  6. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  7. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Omw from work. Ill make it to race, Q is fifty fifty

Ment ro leave early but then some idiot was slacking and couldnt lock rhe place up lol.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Congrats to Toni for the Championship
    Unlucky Davide in the championship, with the D/C at Spa costing you.

My performance today was EMBARRASSING :oops:

Thanks to Pasha for the Broadcast (I've not seen an intro so professional in simracing before - go watch it and give it a thumbs up)

See you all in Season 3 early next year - hint hint ;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. Denis Eshchenko

Denis Eshchenko Pro Driver

Hello again!
    I want apologize to Davide. It's stupid my mistake and stupid collision system in AC. A very small contact that I would like to avoid, but which entailed a very strong spin. :(:(

Grats all driver! Thanks all to battle. It was nice! :);)

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. John vd Geest

Gratulations to Toni Talvitie for winning the championship of season 2. Second place man Davide was very close to winning the second season again. If he had not started at the back for the last event, he would have had a better chance.

Big thanks to our broadcasters Caitlin Penny and Pasha Paterson who did outstanding commentating on the events.
    I was very glad that they were there!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Connection problems guys, I wasn't able to connect for the Qualify session. Almost an hour trying to get into the server until the last 50 seconds when finally I got connected. Then in the race, still fuming for the misfortune, I have never been able to cool down and get concentrated to go and get the win, very possible task indeed. Hard luck this season for me. :(

yeah Andrew, at Spa is where I lost the Championship.
    It's fine mate, thanks for joining the series...

Congratulation to Toni for collecting the Championship after my debacle, solid performance dude!

Thanks to John and SRO for organizing this series and thanks to Pasha to bringing it to another level with his extraordinary support and his accurate analysis on race/championship development. Top Job everyone :)

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Congratulations to Toni on the championship !!

I'm happy with P2 as I didn't have the pace to challenge Toni. Made no mistakes, so that is satisfying in the end. I probably should have started on the hard tire and try to stop later and switch to the meds. I did 2 time meds with a stop with 47 minutes left to go. Pablo came back to me late in the stint each time, that was when my tires started struggling. Too bad he collided with Davide, because it was a fun battle keeping him behind.

Denis probably had the best strategy, well done ! However with the Ferrari 550 I couldn't have gotten that far into the race with 100 liters of fuel. The Lister seems to consume a lot less.

Thanks to John for organizing this championship ! Saturdays is a bit difficult for me, so I only participated in some rounds.

Thanks to Pasha and Caitlin for an entertaining broadcast !

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver Donator

Thank you SRO for another great series.
    Thank you all showing respect on track, top class drivers, all of you.
    Caitlin, Pasha, Thank you for great broadcasting whole season.

Q i had done 1.21.x on my little practice events earlier so not there this time but pole nevertheless
    R luxury of clean track for 90 minutes and that builds up when others fight. Had some pace left in reserves
    but it was never needed, so basically no risk drive for me. Once a ferrari was sideways on track and didnt see me
    and allmost hit that but that was my only event in race.

• Winner Winner x 2
  14. Johnny Gutierrez

Johnny Gutierrez Pro Driver

Congrats Toni on the championship. Well deserved. Thank you SRO for the racing. Thank you Caitlin and Pasha for great broadcasting. I had a great time. Everyone drove well in this series. Had much fun. Couldn't make the last race as life gets in the way sometimes but that's life. I'll see everyone on track. :):cool:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1