Round 7 Monza 66 10K full course

Discussion in 'F1 Classic 1967 Series - S2 Closed' started by John vd Geest, Mar 18, 2019.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Monza 66 10K - full course

In 1954, work began to entirely revamp the circuit, resulting in a 5.750 kilometres (3.573 mi) course, and a new 4.250 kilometres (2.641 mi) high-speed oval with banked sopraelevata curves. The two circuits could be combined to re-create the former 10 kilometres (6.214 mi) long circuit, with cars running parallel on the main straight. The track infrastructure was also updated and improved to better accommodate the teams and spectators.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
  2. John vd Geest

3. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

Is it possible to get monza on server? Would like to get to test my gearing soon enough and it´s impossible offline because AI cars go so slow on straights. We are using full course? There is info on championship page, car and track tab that length is 5.79 km (3.60 mi) which put me to doubt which version we are using

4. John vd Geest

It's the full course 10 kilometre version.

5. Martyn McClune

Martyn McClune Pro Driver

hi
    password seems to be the last race one:)

6. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

What was that? Can´t get to server since I don´t remember it

7. John vd Geest

8. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

No it´s not... but I remembered it

9. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

Hmmm… over half of lap is over 270kph where I loose 4-8kph everywhere with full tank against Honda and suspect against Eagle too and no places to get that back. Not sure if I should bother to join to get bash up :/

10. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

In it to win it ;)
    I've lost count of the number of times the favorite driver in a/the favorite car has put it in the wall or been totaled by another racer (hoping I haven't jinxed myself there!) allowing someone else (often me) to take victory in a car that was considered slow even in the previous year :D

• Like Like x 1
  11. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

What sort of lap times are good around here?

12. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

If your time is full tank thats really good (and I am screwed). Thou I expect Tim to go much faster than I did with Honda. Quite slim chance Tim if my chances are on others crashing, specially since I have hardest car to keep on track of those "faster" cars

Edit: 0.666 behind. double :eek:

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Monza 10k is a drafting circuit. You may be surprised :)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Stef Williams

Stef Williams Pro Driver

I won’t be able to make tomorrow night. One less backmarker and one less missile aimed at you @John vd Geest .
    Good luck everyone

15. John vd Geest

That's a shame. It's the most spectacular event of the series.

16. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

I doubt that. Just got mugged by John on server and was 0.5 behind when we started and dropped several seconds on few laps. I would have to keep inside 0.4 or 0.3 at all times and if not then I would be dropping like fly. 4kph difference on half lap equals 1,5km on 45min race so I will be long way back at the end if I do slightest spin of tyre out of corner and drop from slipstream.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Fabrizio Ferrante

Fabrizio Ferrante Pro Driver

I tryed to slipstream Jukka. I was not able to pass him. I went on his side, but then I was unable to complete the overtaking. I had race-fuel.
    I hope in a new Maserati engine for the Italian GP. :)

18. Jukka Drugg

Jukka Drugg Pro Driver

Yes, it´s much worse for Cooper. I might be able to pass Honda and Eagle but not catch them if drop from slipstream.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Very sorry I didn't race tonight. My boss was over at work and we had a drink.. was not planned. Hope the race was good !

• Like Like x 1
  20. Maddie Shepherd

Maddie Shepherd Pro Driver

Wow, what a fu***** race! Great battles with Jukka and John for almost half the race but I'm so gutted my engine blew on the last lap, with just half a lap to go. I didn't think that engine failures were possible here. Still, one of the best battles and races I've ever had in my life, so thanks for that. I'm taking that as a second place finish :p

Congrats to Jukka on the championship as well. Hoping we do another series of this with some new tracks. *cough* Monaco *cough*

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1