Assetto Corsa Round 7 Spa

Discussion in 'Seat Leon Series 2 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Jul 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  2. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

Well there's a fine looking automobile. :D

I've seen various posts around the site talking about how PLP was required but then maybe not so required anymore. Which will it be on Saturday?

Practice server was pretty lonely today but I did appreciate the chance to run two full races. If a driver stands on the top step of the podium, and there was no one around to compete against him, does he still get to spray champagne? ;)

3. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

You're only allowed this one
    upload_2018-7-24_9-9-39.png upload_2018-7-24_9-9-39.png upload_2018-7-24_9-9-39.png

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Oh and PLP is no longer mandatory. I keep mine turned on anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

That's a great skin ! had to showcase it ;)
    We had a few issues with plp handing out un deserved drive threw's so we decided to just can it .. we have a protest procedure in place if needed and we review any intendents in question , so if a driver cuts and continues to cut in the same spot for 4 or more times he's most likely going to receive a time penalty after the review .... We need to make it clear that its no longer necessary , but its ok if you run it ..it does spam the chat so I turn mine OFF …
    Ok SPA ! its like an endurance race in these cars ! lol I have upped the server grip to 100 to match race day conditions ! So the times should be getting lower ! :D

• Like Like x 2
  6. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

They have just been lowered :p:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

is there a skin update to download??

8. Rob Milliken

• Like Like x 2
  9. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

thank you

10. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I just witnessed the advantages of doing a good practise run. I was on the server earlier this evening with Karl and saw him improve his laptimes over 2 seconds.
    I can't say this enough, practise, practise, practise. And if you think you practised enough, do some more.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Pasha Paterson

Just finished another hour practice + quali + full race. I kind of wish this was one that got the full commentary treatment. I've been enjoying the vids for the Group C races, and I have a feeling this is going to be won on an entertaining mix of pace and strategy.
    (glances at standings)
    Or, you know, Roy's just going to smoke us all. :D

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rob Milliken

Yes ..he some how finds those extra100's & he is also very consistent ,that comes from practice .. ..so … unless he has one of his rare moments and bin's it :D the fight will be for the last 2 spots on the podium !:cool: & it will be some great racing !
    Spa is Epic :)!

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rob Milliken

I see Karls & my times are quite close .. again !! ..lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

@Pasha Paterson I like your commitment in practise. That's the way to the top spots. Still amazed at how you can manage the 16 laps without refuelling.
    And trust me, my wins aren't always as easy as they seem.
    There are a few fast guys on here, and I do make mistakes every now and then. Still only human :rolleyes:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Pasha Paterson

Coming from SimRacingSystem, I'm not used to being able to adjust the whole setup.
    ...and shave over a second off my lap times...
    Are the practice server results visible anywhere, or are you guys just getting on at the same time each day?

16. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

17. Pasha Paterson

I special-ordered a pair of Richard Westbrook Fuzzy Bunny Slippers™. :D

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rob Milliken

Pasha , if you have a look at the top tool bar on the site ^ you will see a live timing tab , we have the AC and rf2 &rf1 servers and i think maybe Automoblista ? Lol anyway once you open the tab the Seat Leon is on AC server 1 .. this timing infocomes from sTracker , alternatively You can also download and install pTracker , its the client side of stracker , this program does many things besides showing you the same lap time pages you see in the tab up top right in your cockpit ! It has all the times showing even for the players-that are not on the server ... it also allows you send and receive set ups from other players that have ptracker .. pluss alot more that i dont even know lol we have it in iur download section under AC ! :)

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Pasha Paterson

Nice, thanks!

20. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

I would like to buy some of thoses. Could you send me the adress? Do not let Roy know though as he is already fast enough. Or perhaps he already has a pair which would explain a lot!

• Funny Funny x 1