Assetto Corsa rt-Suzuka Special Event - Monday November 23

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa league: DRM mod Closed' started by John vd Geest, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Hi John,
    Maybe it's me but I can't find the practice server password on the event page. No problem for me as I guessed it was the same as usual, but others might struggle to join in..

2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

You have to go 1 level deeper and click on the event itself :)
    https://simracingonline.co.uk/racing/eventinfo/1442

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
  4. Stefan Lagodin

Stefan Lagodin Pro Driver

Mmm I think I will unregister for now as I might not make it in time. I will setup my pc, so if things go swiftly here I might be able to make the start.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Theres rush hour in my racing calendar and life outside cockpit, I got no time to practice so it's better sign off for this one....

6. John vd Geest

That doesn't matter that you did no practise. I hardly practise myself. Only did a few laps to learn the track and get the car pointing in one direction. ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Matteo Santini

Matteo Santini Pro Driver

I won't be racing tonight due to another race at the same time. Hope you'll enjoy this fantastic track :)

Have a good race :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Eeek, all those unregisters.. :(
    One Div2 boy now competes against only 5 other drivers. :confused:

Just an idea, but shouldn't we just postpone this event in order to get better attendance eventually ?

9. Kimi Martikainen

Kimi Martikainen Pro Driver

Actually I'm back in, flip flopping is great form of art, isn't it? :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. John vd Geest

The event is on, even if Caitlin is alone on track :D

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Jos Ogos

Jos Ogos Pro Driver

That would be an interesting stream. I would be watching it on Youtube.:D

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Both of you would still be streaming/waching in 2123 though.. :)

I might join in just to provide endless donuts. :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

i would like to join only for this race if there is a chance and room for me, even if i didnt register myself for the series because of my real life issues. From the other hand i did some practice with the bmw 2002 (the only car i can handle a bit properly with a joypad) but i am really afraid the fact that i will be a moving obstacle for the other guys.. :( My best lap time was about at high 2:17 and its very slow comparing to other guys.. I dont know yet, Please John let me know if i can register myself and see what will happens..

• Like Like x 1
  14. John vd Geest

Yes you can. If all the bmw 2002 aren't taken. Otherwise, you'll have to pick another car. Compare the grid list of this event with the series championship to see what is free / who is not signed up for Suzuka.

15. Caitlin Penny

Caitlin Penny Pro Driver Media Group

We have a stream, as always!

• Like Like x 6
  16. Vasilis Doumanas

Vasilis Doumanas Pro Driver

Unfortunately my net provider was off, i couldnt register and race tonight.. Dammit i am so frustrated.. :(

• Like Like x 1
  17. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Just too tired to doit, cant keep eyes open and feels like driving drunk.
    @Tudor Morris sorry for little hit.

• Sportsmanship Sportsmanship x 1
  18. Tudor Morris

Tudor Morris Pro Driver

No problem Toni, you weren't the only one. I was like a wallowing boat in the corners which is pretty much all of the Suzuka track. I left not long after you did, having spun the Ferrari twice in 130R for no good reason:rolleyes: Getting sick of trying to drive this car and will probably sit out the rest of this series.

19. Jim Russell

Jim Russell Pro Driver

Grats podiums! Had a fun time watching the racing in front of from the best seat in the house....then, lag or vr goggle freeze popped up, figured it was safer on my own. Looking forward to Thursday.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Filip Stoyanovich

Filip Stoyanovich Pro Driver

Well, we missed Tim and Matteo today up front. But still it was a good chase with Laurent, both for the pole and in the race! Mainly, I worried about huge power/speed differences from the Porsches and Ferraris in the race. I was expecting Phil and Michal to join in at least. I was barely reaching 260kmh on the s/f straight and back straight. So for qualifying my special strategy was to put on mediums and get out with low fuel :rolleyes:. Didn't get a clear track in the final attempt, so that's a bummer.
    But race start went just fine for me. As I ran practice to develop a race setup, I knew how to run the race trim with heavy fuel load and both cold and fresh endurance tires. Also, used a lot of turbo in the first laps which helped improving my PB in race trim a lot. Which again made it easy to build up a gap with clear track in front. But I was only assuming that the tires will be reeeaally worn out in the end. Which turned out true, since I was lapping a second slower than Laurent in the final laps. But that gap helped not to overdrive the corners too much and get to the finish safely.

• Like Like x 4