RaceRoom S2-R5 GT World Imola (Endurance)

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Europe Closed' started by Doug Dezan, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Outline of the GT World Imola
    60 minute race, in-game start time TBA

The GTR3 class is the most densely populated car class in RaceRoom to date, spanning a wide variety of exciting racecar models from around the globe. All on a level playing field, all capable of taking the win with the right driver at the wheel and all equally capable of biting you if you get it wrong. This pack contains a amount of liveries across the 18 unique car models from Audi, Bentley, BMW, Chevrolet, Ford, McLaren, Mercedes, Nissan and Porsche.

Imola, also known as the "Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari" is a 4.9 km long road circuit located near Bologna, Italy. The FIA Grade 1 licensed circuit has been hosting races for over 50 years, including Formula One events held under the name of "San Marino Grand Prix". The track underwent several layout changes over its history to conform to modern safety standards. Famous corners such as the "Tamburello", the "Tosa" hairpin, "Acque Minerali" and "Rivazza" still provide a thrilling experience on this all-time classic track."
    noname.png
    Italy
    Established:1953
    Turns:17
    Length:4.909
    Layouts:1

• Like Like x 2
  2. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

leadr.png
    leader board asset 2.png
    Link to live Practice Leaderboard
    https://game.raceroom.com/leaderboa...703&driving_model=2&team=SRO+R3E+eSports+Team

Practicing with other drivers is fun and competitive on its own and there is not always someone on the dedi-server the same time as you or maybe the server isn't up yet. Here with RaceRoom Racing you can join the SRO leaderboard and set a best lap for others to practice against or you against their ghost car.

Good Luck and may the fastest be with you

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

Looking forward to this. Always a good combo in ACC not tried it out yet.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Björn Johansson

Björn Johansson Pro Driver Donator

Yea last race with the Audi a car I never try before this serie.
    Just did a couple off laps on Imola hmm ,still have some issue with it.
    no clue on tyres or fuel.:eek::rolleyes:
    Will for sure be interesting, evening ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mark Ekins

Mark Ekins Pro Driver

As soon as i join the server i can see it, did no onelse? It was just eating away at me and threw me out, that the server was out masively. And so as i'm driving around im thinking what is the point.. 60 laps means about 100mins.... I'm not doing that and what ever i do, the result will be pointless just driving for 60mins..

I was really looking forward ot this, 60mins would have been a fun close out of this.. but this has just annoyed me massively.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Björn Johansson

It was a fun race for 60+ min that had to do o_O

7. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I think maybe because Doug had been using the same server for other R3E tests etc, he didn't reset the race time from laps to mins. Maybe he can comment. I did put a chat message up just as you left Mark, suggesting we go 60 mins but as my HUD didn't show a timer I then sent another for 35 laps, which is what I had calculated in practice.

My race was not very clean as I had a couple of slight off-track mistakes and then a poor stop with the engine ignition/start controls, plus a D/T for speeding in the pit lane. :mad:

I'm not sure if Bjorn saw the 2nd message about 35 laps?

8. Ken Jagger

Hmm very strange! The results file shows I did 33 laps and Bjorn did 32. I know he stopped before I did my final lap, so not sure if he saw the 35 lap message, but I'm positive my lap counter showed 35 laps when I stopped. :confused:

9. Björn Johansson

No I didn´t see the 35 lap message , My hud say 34 laps when I stop ?
    That was my calculate at 1:46 times with out a pit stop
    Anyway that was enough for me with 2 cars at the end, I could see you closing in the gap
    those last laps , but still had some 10 sec left or so.
    So not only me that can get jumpy in Pit ;):)

Sorry to see Mark and Ed stop :(
    For me it will be a summer break now.
    Closing the PC2 and RF2 serie also.

Thanks to admins for you´r effort with this serie. :)

Last edited: May 17, 2021
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

I couldn't at that time. Power outage for a while. Sorry .. Not much I was able to do.
    I did notice the lap thing and was not able to change it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Ken Jagger

The race results have been processed as per the results file produced on the server. The discrepancies noted regarding total race laps run by individual members do not make any difference to the series results overall.
    Thanks to everyone for participating in this 2nd GTR-3 series hosted by Doug. :)

• Like Like x 2