Seat Leon 3 Custom Skins

Discussion in 'Seat Leon Series 3 Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Aug 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Skin dead line has passed no more custom skins can be added !

This is the place to upload your custom skins for Seat 3 !
    Deadline for skins will be 1 week before round 1 ..at that time a skin pack will be released !
    ( If the skins for v3.2 still work with v3.3 and you want to keep your current skin no further action is required as your skin is assigned to you threw acservermanager)

2. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

The "old" skins should work fine with V3.3 :cool:

3. Pasha Paterson

Pasha Paterson Pro Driver Broadcaster

In fact I created my skin while still using v3.3 of the mod, and bringing it backward to v3.2 worked fine.
    I've got an idea cooking in my head for series 3… will try to get it ready in advance of the start.

(edit) and btw I'll be using my same skin, unaltered, from series 2

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
  4. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

im only doing a sponsor change

so mines a quick update

5. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

So you are sponsored? Hmmm, I wouldn't mind a sponsor too :cool:

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

no, removing current sponsor

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Pasha Paterson

Well I do enjoy making custom liveries, so when I hinted a few days ago that I had an idea... well, here it is. Congratulations, Roy, please accept a gift of a commemorative Belgian-flag-themed livery to celebrate your championship in Series 2! :D As a nod to the old F1 tradition of anointing series champions, it is car #1. If you decide to use it in Series 3, great; otherwise, no hard feelings, I would have done it anyway, because I just couldn't let the idea go, and thanks to the assets I have from making other SEAT liveries, it didn't even take too long.

I created the whole thing in GIMP and included all the working files in the archive, so if you hate the colors, want to change sponsors, whatever, they're all easily swapped out.

Enjoy!

acs 2018-08-12 22-55-20-98.png

acs 2018-08-12 22-46-39-54.png acs 2018-08-12 22-47-51-81.png acs 2018-08-12 22-49-41-00.png acs 2018-08-12 22-49-59-66.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  8. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Nice skin Pasha

• Like Like x 1
  9. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Thanks mate! When I first saw the skin I thought "Hey hold on, those are my National colours. You're not supposed to use those". But then I read your comment...

THANKS!!!!
    And Yes, I'll use it

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

BTW, might I suggest that everyone with a personal skin use the Sim Racing Online window banner. Its an easy swap. You don't need to change the livery for that

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Larry Thomas

Larry Thomas Pro Driver Donator

If I had known that the championship winner would end up with a skin like that I would not have let Roy beat me each time.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Pasha Paterson

:D

I mean, I could take requests, but if everyone wants one I might not get to them all before the series starts. But I do like making custom liveries, especially on this car, since it lets you customize just about every surface.

13. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

i vote Roy gets race car number #1 !!!!!!

14. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I think that has already been settled by the skin Pasha made ;-)

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. Karl Steeg

Karl Steeg Pro Driver

@Pasha Paterson
    how can i tint the lights glass alittle?? and remove some glare??

16. Pasha Paterson

I don't know about the headlights, but the fog lights (I think?) behind the front grille are the three little circles in the `PARTS` layout. I just painted them slightly yellow.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sean Devlin

Sean Devlin Pro Driver

I don't know much about this skin painting but ill give it a go for the new season. Our we using gimp or photo shop or is there a more simple solution?
    (And we're do you find the skin to work on)
    Many thanks for any help. Sean....

18. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

I use GIMP, but would prefer to use Photoshop because it can do so much more. Need to first learn how to tbh
    And mostly I just change existing skins. Apparently I can't be good at everything :oops:

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Pasha Paterson

The tools don't matter; all you need to be able to do is edit the template files that come with the car. The SEAT Leon EuroCup car package comes with its own `Templates` directory, which has all the skin layouts as Photoshop files (.psd). If you prefer GIMP, then you can open those and re-save them as GIMP's editable format (.xcf).

I included all the GIMP files for Roy's skin in the archive above, and will do the same for mine when I tweak it for Series 3 (btw, I'll be tweaking my skin for Series 3), so there are some examples to follow.

If I ever give in to the urge to set up my PC for videos and streaming (which has been on my mind lately) maybe I'll make a brief tutorial on the various techniques I've picked up. I'm by no means an expert but there are a few tricks up my sleeve these days. :D

Also I was "ha ha only serious" if anyone has any specific requests but doesn't want to burn hours and hours learning how to make a skin for this car. :D Once you have some previous assets to build from, it goes much faster.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Wow Pasha You are truly talented ! I would love to learn how to skin ..
    If at all possible I would love an FKR skin ;-) :rolleyes:
    I have a few sponsors Zildjian cymbals & DW drums .. however when dealing with artistes' such as your self I like the artist to create what comes to him or her naturally ..lol
    So if you find yourself with some extra time I would love a skin for SEAT 3 :D

• Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.