Select your car here

Discussion in 'RSS GT1 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Sep 18, 2018.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Done. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  2. John vd Geest

Hi Karl,

We will not make use of a complete skinpack this time. But we would like to thank you for the offer. Maybe we can make use of your skills in a future series.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Philipp Pichler

Philipp Pichler Pro Driver Donator

After testing all three cars available I will opt for the Saleen S7 skin #77.
    Actually I liked the Viper too, but I have to agree with Toni ;)

4. John vd Geest

Done. Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  5. John vd Geest

The Viper is an easy car to drive. It feels very soft and predictable in it's movements. Brakes are pretty good too. It's a car for powertracks like Road America where you don't have chicane's and sharp 1st gear turns. I didn't try it, but I think that car as a pretty good acceleration out of the last corner on Sebring without any wheelspin.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

If health allows me until then, I will try to race this series.
    I dont know if there are places left, I registered anyway.

If there is a vacation, Viper skin #6 for me, please.
    Thanks.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. John vd Geest

You are excactly the last signup nr. 30 LOL! So, yes there is still room.
    Glad to see you again Angelo. Hope your health holds up !!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Angelo dos Santos

Thanks John.
    Actually I need to gain strenght from now up to Race 1. If the race was this weekend, I would be out.

I have hopes to achieve that, although I know my condition and I know that maybe I just cant race for the time being.

But the cars worth the try, for sure.

About the Viper, the amount of understeer really kills the speed of the car compared to most. I just hope not to be painfully slow.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. John vd Geest

The Saleen is much faster then the Viper on Buddh. There's also 1 Lister Storm open.

10. Angelo dos Santos

I dont have a 74 Lister on my list of cars. Personal skin?

Give me the Saleen skin #27 then, please?

11. John vd Geest

I mean in the select your car here list, there is a Lister spot open. Oke, will put you in the Saleen :)

12. John vd Geest

For the guys that haven't selected a car yet:

If you really, really, really don't want to drive the Viper, I can free up a place on one of the other cars.
    But the Viper is a powertrack car, so it might come in handy for tracks with a lot of big straights.

13. Angelo dos Santos

About the Lister, I was questioning the skin from Nathan. Sorry for the confusion. Are we using only the default skins, for what I understood?
    He picked a Lister #74, but on my side, there isnt a Lister #74 in the Mod.

14. John vd Geest

You are right. I think Nathan Lockie means skin 34. Can you confirm this Nathan?

15. Nathan Lockie

Nathan Lockie Pro Driver

Hi John, apologies #34 for me please

• Like Like x 1
  16. Reinhard Berger

Reinhard Berger Pro Driver

hello john,

is it correct, that this series is already full (think 30 cars), i saw this in other forum (thread), that already 30 drivers in, but here in 1st side, i see, that any vipers and 1x lister is free.

i am actual not do not online-racing (only a little little long distance races in rf2, but here only a part time driver sometimes),
    i am only interested if there would be space free, perhaps i do talk to wife (and daughter) if i have time for a few races on sunday. (i like this carmod. a lot, grafic, sound and handling is perfect for my like)
    i was long time not in this forum and it was simply luck that i did found this series today, so i have no idea about all this things (downloading, perhaps pay for race and so on....)

servus

17. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

John will answer your question when he comes on to the forum Reinhard.

18. John vd Geest

Hi Reinhard,

The max grid is indeed 30 cars, but the good thing is that you would be the first red light if you sign up as nr. 31. And I've never seen a series where someone doesn't drop out before it starts. So you would only need 1 green light to unregister, and you're in. Just like R2P:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/94 (you can sign up for the whole series in 1 go, or select the races you want to do)
    Here you can also download the tracks under the tab "Cars and Track" per event.

You can read all you need to know here about what you need and the series rules:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/general-info.2884/

When you know what car you want, you can let me know here and I will reserve it for you on the list in post 1:
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/select-your-car-here.2885/

Btw, good to see you again :)

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  19. Reinhard Berger

Reinhard Berger Pro Driver

thanks for information john,

this is exactly what i need.
    as i probably can not make each race, it is good that i can sign in in each single race, and with nr.31 sign up, i do not blockade regular drivers, so i think strong, after 1st round (where ususaly most drivers) i will get a place in any races.

other thing....i do have installed in AC (which i do nearly never drive since long time now) something like ptracker (or similar), where i get cutpenaltys (i can select here with a txt.file how much cuts are free and other things) and other information things. is this needed for this series too (i do not read this, only something with helicorsa, which i have too), as in past leagues in each league the txt. file was different and will make probably problems for me in server (like one league have 3 free cuts, the other have 5 free cuts and so on...), this was always a pain to change this for each league if you do more then 1 league in same time.

do in AC the extra weight get selected automatic in server? (saw 60kg for 550) and can i practise this offline too? (i am bad in AC setup things).

what cars i can now take as nr.31 (think 6x5 cars are for take already).

servus

edit....can i have the password for practise server in watskin glen, for make in future any laps for test if all is installed correct.

20. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

• Informative Informative x 1