Select your car here

Discussion in 'F1 Classic 1967 Series Closed' started by John vd Geest, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Angelo dos Santos

Angelo dos Santos Pro Driver

Would be interesting a series with both Matra and Lotus 33, they have the same power and weight. Sort of an old Formula 2 Championship.

I tested the Mod a bit, cant drive much for now. The BRM handles well compared to a Lotus, for instance, but the car is way too heavy. However, since this is a historic mod, with historic performances, we have to be conscious that some will not have a super car in hand to compete, and be happy to compete with cars that have similar specs.
    For now Im keeping my choice.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

I select the Honda RA300, only one number available #14

• Like Like x 1
  3. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Done, welcome to the series Jens.

4. Nathan Lockie

Nathan Lockie Pro Driver

Hi John, could i have the one remaining eagle please.

5. John vd Geest

I would love to give it to you, but you're not on the signup list :).
    https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/racing/seriesinfo/104

But I have placed you as red on the list in post 1 as next in line. Its wise to sign up asap so you're only the second red light. There are bound to drop people out before the first race, as you know.

6. John vd Geest

There are 3 cars left open. There's still time, but 3 members shouldn't forget to select their car.

7. Stef Williams

Stef Williams Pro Driver

I'll take one of the BRMs please. Not sure which number yet, as I haven't loaded them up. Will look tonight

8. John vd Geest

Thanks for joining the series Stef.
    As of now you are a red light, but you will get the car of the green lights that leave the series.
    That means for field balance, you will take over the car of the one who leaves. Otherwise we'll be running 10 Ferrari's and 14 Lotus's :)

9. Stef Williams

Stef Williams Pro Driver

Dammit should have signed up when we originally talked about this :(

Who's in the remaining two BRMs and the Eagle? -> https://www.simracingonline.co.uk/threads/select-your-car-here.3046/

10. John vd Geest

I haven't checked yet who has not selected a car. You have to cross-reference the signup list with the "select" list.
    Not to worry. People always sign out before race 1 and you'll move up.
    I'm actually glad with a few red lights, so we have more chance of a full field when others sign out.

11. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Drivers registered who haven't been assigned a car

Matheus Marçal
    Travis Landsman
    Rob Milliken
    Joseph Wright
    Yusuf Macit
    Stef Williams

12. John vd Geest

You have to leave the red lights out. They will get the car of anybody leaving the series.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Andrew Williams

Andrew Williams Pro Driver

Yes, that is just the bottom 3 who are all on the reserve list :D
    So the top 3 need to select a car.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

Hi,
    I'll take the remaining Eagle #11 if nobody wants it!
    I'm relatively new to simracing (2 or 3 years in), and I probably won't be fighting for the lead so if somebody else wants it I'll gladly take one of the BRMs.

I might also open a small server once in a while during the coming weeks if anyone would like to practice with me, as the AI in AC is mediocre with these cars. Probably late evenings in Europe.

Looking forward to seeing y'all behind the wheel!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  15. John vd Geest

Thanks for joining the series Louis.
    As of now you are a red light, but you will get the car of the green lights that leave the series.
    That means for field balance, you will take over the car of the one who leaves. Otherwise we'll be running 10 Ferrari's and 14 Lotus's :)

Putting up a server is a cool idea. Why don't you do Zandvoort 67, that seems to be the populair one.

16. Louis Defor

Louis Defor Pro Driver

Gotcha for the red light.

The server name is
    SRO F1 Classic 1967 - Practice
    Currently running Highlands while I'm downloading Zandvoort. Edit: Now running Zandvoort 67.
    Unfortunately I'm leaving tomorrow and the server won't be up for ten days after that, but I'll open it again when I get back.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  17. John vd Geest

Cool, I'll get on it when you get back. You can post it here, also for others who would like to join :)

18. Stef Williams

Stef Williams Pro Driver

Can anyone give some advice on FF settings?
    I have a venerable old G25, which is serving me well so far, but I'm trying the BRM on all the different tracks and I'm getting really bad rattling, mainly in a straight line on most of the old tracks. Not so bad on highlands. but on Donington it's terrible, and just tried Zandvoort and it's quite bad there too...
    FWIW, I googled some last night and have changed settings on the Logitech profiler to basically do nothing and have reduced a lot of the SC settings, but it's still rattly as hell.
    Does anyone else have a G25/27 who could share their setup?
    It wasn't so bad with the RSS GT1s in the last championship, and I guess it's something to do with the GPL67 cars, but I'd like to get it fixed - mainly because I don't want to wake the wife and kids when I'm practising :)

19. John vd Geest

No problems for me with the G29.
    I just looked, and there are a bunch of YouTube videos on the subject.
    Type in:
    steering wheel rattling noise - and -
    assetto corsa steering wheel rattling noise

20. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Maybe some info here for you Stef?
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/244210/discussions/0/364039785169969681/
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/g25-27-horrendous-rattling.28334/