Select your car & skin here

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 8, 2020.

1. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Really? I will look into it.

2. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

It's worrying yet it fits 1st impressions..

3. Henri Miettinen

Henri Miettinen Pro Driver

Yeah, three guys tested those cars and they all was allways faster with capri no matter if they run tracks like monaco or tracks like monza.

4. John vd Geest

Thanks Henri. I've tested the other cars against the Ford Capri and it was indeed quite a bit faster. Good thing you told me. That avoids a lot of discussion during the series.

5. John vd Geest

The Ford Capri is no longer being used in this series.

This is because the Ford Capri is much stronger than any other car in the pack on any track.
    It would give the driver an unfair advantage over the other drivers.

Members who selected the Ford Capri will have to choose another car.

6. Davide Ricciardi

Davide Ricciardi Pro Driver

Oh, dear... can I have a Pantera then? I'll take the blue and black one, please...

7. Henri Miettinen

Also if I remember right '67 corvette and 906 porsche was quite slow, but other cars are pretty equal depends of track.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Davide Ricciardi

...that's where my idea of all drivers driving all cars mandatorily during the whole championship was the best solution for this mod, as now anybody can complain about car performances and we already lost one of the cars... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  9. John vd Geest

The would be nice, but it's not possible with the way AC has to be set up on the server. Too much work. We would all have to vote on new cars and skins every 2 weeks. I would have to monitor the votes, and then assign all the cars and skins to each member again. And that for 7 events. I'm getting panic attacks just thinking about it.

10. Davide Ricciardi

...just forget about skins and car choice, just set a server with all cars and let people free to choose without Steam ID Number (like a public server)
    At the end of the race, you'll collect the data for the Championship rank, if a driver picks the same car twice you'll just don't give him championship points. That's it... That's doable..

11. John vd Geest

That's a good concept, but I have to put an equal amount of different cars on the server. What if 5 people want the Corvette 69 and there are only 3 available? Or they have to pick a certain car and they are all taken?
    Anyway, this makes it all too complex. It's best to stay with the current format.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Those are fair points. I firstly had had the same idea as Davide, when we had thought about that mod pack on SROuk, but you're right it just can't be.

About the discrepancies between the cars (also depending on the track), we all know that the only way to get a 100% fair championship on that aspect would be to run a single car championship. So either we want that, or just run a league and that's all. So following this idea :
    - we can do as John suggested (assigned cars/skins for the whole championship) but it will never be 100% fair.
    or
    - we can vote for a single different car that we all pick for each event, whatever the skins. (that would need 10 events to cover all the mod pack). (Note that Vette '67 has only 2 very similar skins though)

13. John vd Geest

That would still mean that I would have to do the server settings all over again a second time. I don't know if you're familiar with ACServermanager, but that's a lot of work. I also would have to monitor and build the car/skin list a second time. I don't mind doing it, but only once. :)

On that other note of the Capri. I may have been too quick to ban the car without consulting the league.
    I will do a poll for keeping it in the series or banning it. Most votes count.

14. John vd Geest

15. Henri Miettinen

I don't mind if we keep capri, but if someone care about winning championship, so you know now you can't win that with any other car.

16. John vd Geest

That's what the poll is for. It's a fair way of deciding what the league wants. Democratic.
    Vote and it will all become clear.

• Like Like x 1
  17. If it's clearly faster then ban it, it might be demoralizing for others to compete against a car they will not be able to beat, no matter what they try.

All cars throughout a season sounds good, but it requires a lot more practice and familiarization per car and you will see cup races, as nobody will pick the Vette at Monaco or a low top speed car at Monza.

18. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Sorry John I don't get you here I think : If you create once a "GT League_Generic" setting of the server then save it, you then only would have to load it, change the track, unload the cars, load the new dedicated car kind, check all skins and optionally save it under "GT League_Donington_Cobra" for exemple, and/or just run it ? If we don't care who gets which skin exactly, it's much more easy nah ?..

19. Christian Dauger

Christian Dauger Pro Driver

You can also, if we want to keep the Capri, apply a ballast ...;) we do it at RFRO in an AC championship

20. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Sorry Jeffrey but I don't get you neither (prolly I'm not well awaken from a bad afternoon nap :p). If we go towards all cars throughout a season in a single car per event, then the combo will just be the choice of the community or the choice of the organiser, so John's. It would be cup races as you say, but volontarily. For now the alternative would be to pick a car and race it all series long.