Select your car & skin here

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa GT Legends Closed' started by John vd Geest, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Csaba Lako

Csaba Lako Pro Driver

Hi! Can we drive two same skins without problem? Thanks :)

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  2. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes, you can.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. John vd Geest

Done.

For the first event Highlands Long you are on the waitinglist, but for all the other events you are a green light.
    If a green light unregisters for Highlands, you move 1 place up and you can race. You will see the race password then.

4. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Hey John,
    Is it normal that Daytonas can't reach the end of the races without re-fueling ? :confused: Or is it the same for all cars ?

5. John vd Geest

Yeah, all cars will have to make a pitstop for fuel.

6. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

Sorry if I missed the info, but is it a mandatory pitstop then ? Because by investigating a bit I just noticed that the 906 prolly is the single car that can reach chequered flag without having to pit. (Probably the Ferrari also, maybe the 911 too, and others).
    By the way the fuel consumptions discrepancies in this mod look crazy : in the 906 with 30L you can do 12,5 laps when in the Nissan you can't even do 3 I think... :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

Fuel is really off indeed .. For longer races with pit stops this can be an issue ..

Selected car: Detomaso Pantera
    Selected skin: 42
    GUID nr: 76561198071440456

Right on time ! I've done at least 2 laps with 4 cars ..

8. John vd Geest

No, pitstops are not mandatory. Most cars just can't make it on one stop. You will have to refuel.

9. John vd Geest

All set and added to the server list.

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. John vd Geest

Everybody has had a good opportunity to test all cars in all details as the server has been up for 2 months. And everybody got a chance to pick any car they want.
    The fuel consumption is a trade-off. Muscle cars have more top-end speed and go faster, but use more fuel. More economic cars are slower and use less fuel. It all depends on what you like.

I wouldn't worry too much. The cars are fun, the tracks are fantastic and it's broadcasted. It will be great!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Laurent Londes

Laurent Londes Pro Driver

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. Maxime Tendil

Maxime Tendil Pro Driver

:(
    Really ? So some cars will have to pitstop all championship long and others never ?!
    In my hands here on the Highlands the 906 have the same top speed and same laptimes and won't have to pit. Sorry to say but it doesn't make any sense, whatever the time we got to test that fuel aspect (which requires much more time investment than just see if a car suits your pleasure/driving/feeling by the way).
    To me it was obvious that the championship organisation whould handle the fact that we all would be quite on par on such an essential aspect. If I have to loose about 30-40 sec every round due to a necessary pit stop it's not the same story. And I'm pretty sure that other fellows here had no idea of that problem too. It will lead to some 2-classes races actually.

13. John vd Geest

Well, the GT Legends mod isn't like that. Making all cars equal would kill the spirit of the mod. I tested all cars on fuel rate and I made my choice. As I understand it, you didn't test all cars on fuel rate, so you're guessing what the outcome will be. All cars have their plusses and minuses, and you could have selected any car. Testing cars on fuel is pretty essential.

Doing a pitstop also means getting new tires, which you get while re-fueling, so there's that too. None-stoppers are on very worn tires in the second half of the race.

So, this is the last I will say about checking fuel rate, because it should have been obvious to do that.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

Thanks John, looks like i will race tonight!
    This will be my first race with you, i'm quite new to this sim so i guess i need to practice a lot to get to the level of other guys racing...
    just a question...is there any way to look at car data when you are driving? Fuel, tires etc..
    Thanks in advance

Lorenzo

15. John vd Geest

Yeah, I've added you to the permanent serverlist yesterday. :).
    You can see a lot of info in Assetto Corsa. Click "drive" and once you're in the car you can see a lot of app's on the right of your screen. All the info you need, you can select there.

16. Lorenzo Galluzzi

Lorenzo Galluzzi Pro Driver

Thank you so much!

• Like Like x 1
  17. Oliver Rakonjac

Oliver Rakonjac Pro Driver

Selected car: BMW CSL
    Selected skin: 67 Gitanes
    GUID nr: 76561198019302227

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  18. John vd Geest

Welcome to the series. You're on the list.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Tim Muttram

Tim Muttram Pro Driver

Technically it already is a 2 class race. The porsche is a 2l prototype, the rest are GTs ;)

Porsche has a few down sides, mainly is very twitchy to drive on the limit regardless of the state of your tires. Top speed will eventually equal the Panteras but you have to consider that although it's half the weight it's also half the power and about a 1/3Rd of the torque.
    It's a fairly easy win if you can avoid mistakes, and that could be nigh impossible on some tracks!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  20. John vd Geest

You mean concerning the fact the Porsche 906 can do the race without stopping?
    We could do another pole asking if we should have a mandatory pitstop. This would put the Porsche 906 on the same playing field again.