rFactor 2 Series information

Discussion in 'Super Formula Japan Closed' started by Ken Jagger, Nov 26, 2021.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

This series will use the rF2 default fixed setup for all races, but with the following allowable user changes.
    1. Fuel load and pit stop strategy for both fuel and tyres
    2. Starting tyre choice
    3. Brake bias and pedal force
    4. Steering wheel range

With rF2, if a fixed setup is enforced, when you join the grid that is what you get. To allow any changes listed above to be made, the race wait time has been extended to 60 seconds. This will allow enough time for any desired changes to be made before joining the grid.

Also on the rare occasion of a network disconnection, the server will be set to load your starting setup when you re-join. Testing of this has shown that you will re-join with the same fuel level as when you get disconnected, not with what you started.

As in the real world Super Formula Japan series, a mandatory pit stop is required where you must change tyres to the alternative with which you start i.e. if you start on Hards you must switch to Softs and/or vice versa.
    Tyre changes will be reviewed at the end of each event to verify compliance.

2. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Hi Ken, I did a few practice laps on the Fuji track. I could not select the different tyres from the setup menu. Reading the above this should be possible or did I do something wrong.

3. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

:oops: Try it now :D

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gert-Jan van Osch

Gert-Jan van Osch Pro Driver

Works fine now

• Informative Informative x 1