Silhouette Concept Special Test Event - Fri.,Nov.,20th - 18:15

Discussion in 'RaceRoom Racing Experience' started by Doug Dezan, Nov 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

There could be more testing, we will know after this test. :)

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I've created a Raceroom channel on SRO Teamspeak, so if you want to chat feel free to join us and share your experiences of R3E. Password is default SRO event pwd.

3. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

Recently gave RRE a better look and it looks promising. So might as well gif it a try here :)

• Like Like x 2
  4. Jens Roos

Jens Roos Pro Driver

Fun race, worked fine, R3E rather good netcode wise and bumping into other cars, in recent AMS2 test you ping-pong more.
    Miss the chat in lobby, but you could most time enter track to chat.
    Time after session in quali ended early, should be longer so on-going lap can be set but that might not be possible.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Rob Vandenberg

Rob Vandenberg Pro Driver

I managed to get on discord but when clicking the sim icons I get this weird error msg
    Never mind, solved it. Clicked the buttons the list instead of at the bottom :oops::oops:

I'm definitely interested in the series early next year. I don't mind another testrun either !

• Like Like x 1
  6. Ken Jagger

Thanks for running this test Jens, sorry you didn't get to join us on Discord audio or TS, I was working both systems :eek:.
    Good info from you and yes the Chat system is pretty Naff to say the least. Doug will check the server parameters for the time to finish a Qualifying lap, but I thought we had it set for plenty, so not sure. :confused:

7. Ken Jagger

Thanks for being involved Rob and glad we got your Discord audio sorted. Also thanks for your initial observations about the sim, the start and how the race ran. With the results file we can now check that our processing system works in an integrated way with our hosting/registration system.

8. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

Thank you to all who participated in the test. Great fun and we will put up a date soon for another test .
    20201120153902_1.jpg 20201120155102_1.jpg 20201120154847_1.jpg 20201120154431_1.jpg 20201120154235_1.jpg

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Norman Bruce

Norman Bruce Pro Driver

Sorry I missed this race, I completely forgot about it :(

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. Doug Dezan

Doug Dezan Pro Driver

There will be more more races coming Norman. :)

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ken Jagger

The test race results have now been processed and a couple of issues were discovered. One of them has been resolved, but the other which does not provide lap sector times has been raised as a potential bug with Simresults.net, whose code is used in our system. It's not a show stopper by any means and will not prevent us running R3E in the immediate future.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ken Jagger

I wondered where you were Norman ;)

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.