SRO AC FKR F3 Round 3 Nurburgring Race Reports & Screens

Discussion in 'FKR Formula 3 Championship Closed' started by Rob Milliken, May 1, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Screenshot_dallara_f312_spa_29-3-118-0-22-10k.jpg
    Have Your Say !​

2. On-board video from my car:

3. TV Camera stream recording (and again - thanks to my GF for managing camera car:rolleyes:):

4. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

not easy race yesterday. I don't like this track. mainly because I'm unable to drive it well :D. in first round I made a mistake in T3 and then catching Rob from last place till the end of race. because of lack of training I was not consistent enough to keep the pace. in round 2 I was starting from P2, and went to T1 as first, so it was easy one ;) then I was overtaken by our fast drivers (quite many of them here already ;) ) trying to keep the gap between cars behind me and ended up on 6th place. its pity that several of signed drivers did not attend the race. thanks Rob for taking care of all about the race and Vyacheslav for the stream. did not watch it yet, but looking forward to do so :)

5. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

nice one :) ..I see big improvement by your GF camera car handling :D now we see also starts and T1 ;) Thanks!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. Pierre Gasly kind of reaction when @Patrik Trefny went off the track :eek:

[​IMG]

7. Patrik Trefny

Patrik Trefny Pro Driver

I see your heartbeat jumped like at 100m sprint :p . really good reaction to avoid collision after my mistake. thumb up!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. In Race 2 I was chasing @Rob Milliken for a place. But he stay cool as kimi raikkonen so finally I made mistake and didn't pass him
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  9. Martijn van t Land

Martijn van t Land Pro Driver

Haha you serious?! If someone was to blame it was oscar going for a gap that wasn't there!

10. Richard Tippet

Richard Tippet Pro Driver

Well guys that was some seriously fun racing I had last night, Massive congratulations to Oscar and Jack who did my team proud :D, I loved the battle with Martijn I had :D

Anyway here is my Race rpeort :D

Qualifying

With the track in perfect condition for qualifying, the drivers made a mad dash to get out of the pits and onto their fast laps. With only 10 minutes to qualify it was always going to be hectic as Drivers tried to make space for their laps. Drawing first blood and being out first was Sammy Salem with a 1:23.993, which was then immediately beaten by Martijn Van T Land with a 1:23.657. Arttu Nieminen took top spot by lowering the benchmark to a 1:23.153 only for Oscar Williams to grab the position with a 1:23.120 by just 0.033. Jack Smith put his car on the 2nd row in 3rd place just behind Nieminen with a 1:23.320 with just 6:40 remaining in the session.

With all the drivers going onward to do a second or third hotlap on their tyres, Richard Tippet was the only one on track to pit after his first flying lap. Tippet managed to put his car 6th 0.992 off of pole before pitting for a splash and dash, exiting the pits with enough fuel for 2 final hot laps in an effort to move up the grid. Vyacheslav Potapenko was 7th with Rob Milliken 8th, Patrik Trefny 9th and Dan Houk 10th after everyone had completed their first flying laps. Williams pushed the line further with his second and third laps hitting a 1:22.920 and then 1:22.746 with under 4 minutes left in qualifying.

The drivers out on track all rushed around to get their cars ready for a final run. Nieminen closed up the gap slightly to Williams by putting in a 1.22.998 with just 14 seconds left. However, Smith was setting slightly faster sectors on his final lap and stole 2nd away closing the margin to just 0.141 behind his team mate Williams with a 1:22.887. No one else improved their positions so the top 5 on the grid were cover by less than a second.

Top 3
    Williams
    Smith
    Nieminen

Race 1

With the stage set, the lights on and the chorus of engines singing, the start to race 1 was excellent from everyone. Nieminen put Smith under some pressure into turn 1 but Smith was able to defend. Tippet found himself sandwiched by Van T Land and Potapenko but was also able to hold his position cleanly. Trefny swept past Potapenko but then ran out onto the curb, which spun him around directly in front of Potapenko who was able to avoid any contact by just mere millimetres! Houk had a little look at Milliken coming down towards the hairpin but settled back in behind. Meanwhile Williams continued to push, increasing it to 0.834 over Smith by the end of the first lap. Houk and Milliken continued to be close on track going into Lap 2 with Houk keeping good pace, the pair were being caught by the recovering Trefny, who would get past Houk at the end of Lap 2 and began chasing down Milliken for 8th.

A hard pushing Van T Land was edging out a nice gap from Tippet and applying pressure to the back of Salem before he made a mistake coming off the exit of the hairpin and a trip over the grass and gravel, allowing Tippet to overtake up into 5th. Salem then dropped the car allowing Tippet to take another position and dropping Salem behind Van T Land, who was now trying to find a way past a defensive Tippet. Tippet and Van T Land were side by side from turn 2 through to 3 with Tippet holding the position going into the Hairpin, going slightly deep on his brakes but still side by side as the duo were now joined by Salem. As Tippet covered the inside line into Turn 6, an excellently beautiful move around the outside by Van T Land allowed him past Tippet and back into 4th. Tippet had to become defensive once more, with Salem almost climbing over the top of his car going down the straight toward the chicane. Tippet again held his inside line and managed to fend off Salem as they came down the start finish straight. Salem had to wait until the Hairpin to make the pass, picking up a brilliant exit off the corner to glide around the outside before Turn 6.

Up ahead Smith was being kept honest by Nieminen with both drivers within 3 seconds of Williams. Smith dropped the car coming off of Turn 4 which immediately allows Nieminen to pass for 2nd place. Luckily there is a bit gap between the top 3 and 4th place so Smith is able to re-join in 3rd just ahead of Van T Land. With less than 8 minutes left in Race 1, Trefny narrowed the gap to Milliken in 8th as they traded similar lap times.

With some of the drivers now looking like they were struggling for grip, the lap times eased off a little. Milliken had a huge slide through the chicane allowing Trefny onto the back of him with less than a second between them going into the final lap. Williams crosses the line for a brilliant victory for Vermin Racing Team, over 4 seconds ahead of Nieminen, and Jack Smith finished a distant third due to the mistake, completing a successful double podium for Vermin Racing Team. Milliken managed to stay ahead of Trefny on the final lap with Houk coming in 10th.

Results:
    Williams
    Nieminen
    Smith

Race 2

With the grid now reversed, Houk found himself out front on Pole, with Trefny 2nd and Milliken 3rd. As the lights went out, the tension was broken by the squeal of the tyres.

Tippet got a fantastic start but had to avoid a very slow Houk, who found himself at the back of the field after letting everyone go past. Tippet took a wider line and was briefly up to 4th. Smith and Salem almost touched as they go into turn 2 – Salem then ran wider off line and just brushed against Van T Land. Potapenko had a look towards 2nd place as Tippet was having a look at Potapenko in 3rd. Caught off guard, Tippet tags the read end of his teammate into turn 3 and ran out wide just in front of Smith who judged it perfectly to navigate into 3rd. Potapenko and Tippet continued onward still pointing in the right direction, although Nieminen and Salem were caught up in the chaos at turn 3 with a recovering Potapenko. Nieminen found himself at the rear end of the pack. Tippet, who now had some light damage, let Williams through for 6th place, but in the process he fell behind Salem. Smith dived down the inside of Milliken to take 2nd at the chicane and set about catching Trefny. Tippet attempted a similar move to retake 7th from Salem but out braked himself and clattered over the curbs at the chicane, opening the door for Houk and Nieminen. In one great manoeuvre Nieminen overtook both Tippet and Houk as they came out of the last corner, moving him into 8th. Van T Land got an excellent drive off of Turn 1 and went around the outside of Potapenko into Turn 2, giving him the outside line for turn 3. Potapenko found his car in the middle of a three way fight for 4th as Williams made a move on the inside of Potapenko. The two touched as Potapenko closed the door on Williams trying to avoid contact with Van T Land, which then pitched Potapenko’s car into the side of Van T Land who was on the outside. Potapenko managed to maintain the position with Van T Land and Williams switching places behind him.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Richard Tippet

Richard Tippet Pro Driver

At the front of the field, Smith was now on the tail of Trefny as they came into the Hairpin. There was little Trefny could do to defend as Smith glided down the inside and into the lead. Van T Land managed to re-pass Williams for 5th place with both drivers back on the rear end of Potapenko pressuring all the way down the back straight towards to chicane. That battle allowed the chasing pack of Nieminen, Salem and Tippet to close right into the battle for 4th. Van T Land cleanly manages a pass on Potapenko into Turn 1 as a train formed behind the now 5th placed man. Williams took the opportunity to get past down the inside at the chicane and Nieminen also made a clean lunge, leaving Potapenko to defend 7th from Salem and Tippet. Williams lost out out to Nieminen into Turn 1 for 5th, and just behind Salem pulled a similar move on Potapenko for 7th.

Milliken and Van T Land then almost touch wheels as the former successfully defended his 3rd place going into the chicane but then hit the curb hard which put him off line, dropping him down to 7th place. Tippet then got a slipstream down the straight on Potapenko and made the move into turn 1 for 8th place. Tippet found the pace to pull out a gap and led Potapenko into the hairpin, but Potapenko missed his braking point and the teammates had a huge collision, damaging both cars heavily. Although he was able to recover back onto the track, Tippet now found himself in last place. The battle for 3rd was heating up with Van T Land, Nieminen and WIlliams all very close on track. Williams managed a pass on Van T land for 4th, whilst just ahead of them Nieminen capitalised on a mistake by Trefny to snatch 2nd away from him. Trefny, now under pressure from Williams and Van T Land, managed to hold his place in 3rd as Van T Land span his rear wheels off the exit of the hairpin, dropping himself behind Salem and down to 6th.

Williams made his move on Trefny for 3rd place down at the chicane, setting up a three way fight for 4th as Trefny subsequently fell into the clutches of the battling Salem and Van T Land. Side by side down the straight, the slipstream allowed Van T Land to also pick 4th away from Trefny with a double overtake. Salem then made his own pass on Trefny taking 5th position. At the back of the field Tippet was hammering his car in an attempt to catch Potapenko, who was around 6 seconds ahead with just under 9 minutes remaining. Smith was now cruising towards a victory at this point with 8.5 seconds over Nieminen. Williams, in an attempt to reduce the gap to Nieminen, has a small lock up in Turn 1 and loses a bit of time.

With the cars looking a lot less stable at this point in the race, it was clear to see which drivers were starting to struggle with their tyres. Milliken and Potapenko were both sliding equal amounts off of the exits of corners, but it was Potapenko who slid off the track, allowing Tippet - who has been gradually catching up - to close the gap to under 3 seconds. Williams and Nieminen headed into the final lap battling corner to corner. Williams went for the inside line at the hairpin; Nieminen held his line, but as the pair accelerated out of the corner, Nieminen closed the door on Williams. The two made contact and Nieminen span around and Van T Land overtook the both of them for 2nd place. Potapenko, with no grip left, made it easy for Tippet to pass and take 8th. Williams backed off from 3rd place to let Nieminen back into the position he held before the pair collided. But is Smith who takes the chequered flag and a brilliant display in Race 2, meaning a double victory for the Vermin Racing Team. Van T Land and Nieminen finished 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Results:
    Smith
    Van T Land
    Nieminen

Tippet
    Edited by Oscar

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

If you seriously want to file a protest You need to follow the protest procedure found in the rules section ....

13. I don't think I want :p Just want more to bring into attention:rolleyes: