rFactor 2 SRO Club Nordschleiffe

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Club Events' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  2. Ken Jagger

Server is UP

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

I'll be there with bells on.

....can't pass up a Nordschleife run!

• Like Like x 3
  4. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

I see it says Race start: formation/standing .. will this be a complete loop ? that will take like 7 min ..lol or does rf2 let you take the short way around the ring on the form lap ?
    Thanks !

5. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

I think it will be a full lap, If you try a shorter route could be a DQ or a Stop & Go.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

OK so may i cast a vote ( if i join) to make it a standing start ? or do you guys just want to have a nice 7-10 min sight seeing lap ? (it might be the only lap w/o a wreck! lol)

.... just wondering ..

Im still on the fence for this one as its a bit early for me .. I guess it depends on how much Holiday cheer I have the night before :p

7. Ken Jagger

That's probably my fault in the details I sent to Mark, so sorry for that :(
    The server IS set for Standing Start, but my intention was we should start racing when we enter the Nordschleiffe proper :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Nigel Middleton

I don't mind either way, on another note will give me a chance to remember Nords lol

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Doesn't matter to me either. No plans for a hustled start.
    ....here, we race the track. Wheel to wheel action is but a bonus.

..survival race!

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rob Milliken

Ok Thx Ken ! I like the manual form up to the turn off ! good idea ....

11. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

NM...think it's ok now.

12. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

my rfactor 2 just started to fekkin update 5+ gb.

another total bullshit of this game. things like these just happens on regular basis.

seeing where the download is at atm, wont make it.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  13. Nigel Middleton

My game froze then shut down, At first I thought the server had gone down until I looked on Liveracers and it was still there.

Game came back on but there was no server list just a white box after several minutes server list was there.

By this time I had lost interest a shame as Nords is my fav track.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  14. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

It was a shame to see you go Nigel. Although I probably would not have seen you again after 5 minutes of racing. You are too fast at this track for me. So is Jason and Ken. Grats to Ken for the win and to Flaviu for finishing race and final podium step. This is the best version of Nords I have ever driven. Shadows were very tricky.

I hear what you are saying Toni and have experienced the same situation. No warning. Maybe there is a list we can subscribe to that will tell us ahead of time when updates will be released. They must think everyone has fiber optic cable running to their computers and can download 5gb is just a few seconds :) It takes me hours on my slow net.

15. Ken Jagger

The thing with STEAM is that you should expect the unexpected! Always make sure you run it in plenty of time before any race or game time, as it will probably have an update to DL. The rF2 update could almost be expected, based on previous notification from S397.

16. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

Third time in a month. :mad::mad::mad:

Probably the stupidest mistakes I've ever made, all packed into one.
    ..don't even want to discuss it. Went into the pits, in the wrong f'n place. I don't know what I was [NOT] thinking!
    Stupid, stupid, stupid.

:mad::(

17. Ken Jagger

Sorry to see you go out in a way Jason, even though it gifted me the win. I thought you had a disco and was expecting you to rejoin any time, but you didn't :(

I could do the lap time in practice/qual but was trying to be safe in the race, which didn't work by the way, as I had a definitely 2nd hand F430 when I finished :)

18. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

It was a good race, thank you Mark. Unfortunately I didn't have time to practice, and I didn't drive this mod for a long time.
    As for Steam, it is great for keeping things updated, workshop and other. @Toni Talvitie, it is a good practice to keep the "autoupdate" turned off, and just turn on when you have time. And I'm pretty sure you can stop the download and run the game, and after race continue download. I'm sorry I didn't see your post in time.
    It was strange to see @Jason Whited "over the fence" and my guess was you miss the pit, as I found myself asking where is the pit with some time before.

19. Toni Talvitie

Toni Talvitie Pro Driver

Hehe I have autoupdate off but no time to turn on computer ;)

20. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

@Flaviu Bozga

Yeap, that's basically what happened. Stupid mistake, I know exactly where pit lane starts on the VLN layout. No idea why I went in where I did, but once in I couldn't get back out..couldn't find where I had reverse mapped and in this sim I cannot shift down from 1 to neutral or reverse...

The Porsche wasn't going to make it on fuel, so a slash and dash was in order. Though, I think the Porsche is superior in many regards to some of the other cars in this mod. Burns more fuel, but is quicker.
    I initially started to drive the Ferrari, but in my opinion they feel horrible in this mod. The load transfers are all out of whack and they just don't feel "real" at all. Honestly, had I not already dabbled with the other cars it'd probably completely turn me off to this mod. The Porsche feels great in comparison. But, again, I do believe it's a bit superior and in running the two I'm far faster in the Porsche.

Anyways, it happens. I have a knack for blowing big leads, so can't screw that up :p