rFactor 2 SRO Club Nordschleiffe

Discussion in 'rFactor 2 Club Events' started by Ken Jagger, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Make sure you don't have any keys mapped to individual gears e.g. 1st, or you will not be able to sequentially change down into neutral.

2. Jason Whited

Jason Whited Pro Driver

I'll have to take a look and see if that is the issue. I haven't mapped keys to individual gears, but it could be a default setting.
    I cannot sequentially shift down to neutral, or reverse.

Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look next time I'm in rF2. Hopefully something will sort it because that is really annoying. I had a reverse key mapped...right behind the "vehicle labels" key on the keyboard. Went to press that labels button to see who was ahead of me in a race, hit wrong button...destroyed car, race over...lol So, that's why it was taken away from there. Still can't remember where I put it...

3. Ken Jagger

The same problem in shifting down below 1st gear affected me in the early days with rF2, so I'm confident you will find something mapped to one or more of the gears :)

4. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

@Jason Whited I recommend to map a button for "neutral" then with down shift you get "reverse" than "neutral" again and up shift for first gear. In this way if you miss the button the consequences are not so dramatically :).
    Edit: Looking around I found it is a setting in plr file:
    Alternate Neutral Activation="1" // whether to select neutral if shift up & shift down are pressed simultaneously
    Which is 1 by default, so if you press both paddle at the same time you get the "neutral" from there one down shift get you in "reverse" and from "reverse" with shift up get "neutral" again and with another shift up you get 1st gear.
    In this way you can save a button on your wheel :)
    And if you don't have a key assigned to neutral you can down shift from 1st gear to N as @Ken Jagger said.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
  5. Ken Jagger

The double paddle press does not work with the T300RS (and maybe the T500?) because the paddles are interlinked across the wheel, so for example when clicking back on the right paddle for an upshift, the left paddle moves forward and vice-versa for a downshift. You can actually upshift with either paddle by moving it in the right direction. It's not something I like on my T300Rs as a couple of times in races I've caught the wrong paddle and downshifted accidentally, locking the drive wheels.

6. Flaviu Bozga

Flaviu Bozga Pro Driver Donator

For me, the paddles are interlinked only in F1 wheel (and I liked this feature). In GT add-on wheel they are independent (as it is normal :))

7. Ken Jagger

OK Flaviu, I hadn't realised that and I do have the F1 rim wheel. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Michael LaBelle

Michael LaBelle Pro Driver

Hell. Oh ya