Project Cars 2 SRO Max Coates Touring Car Round 11 Knockhill

Discussion in 'Max Coates Touring Car Euro Cup Closed' started by Rob Milliken, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

2. Rob Milliken

Drivers (im back) no threat lol , but we have an Issue !!
    Knockhill only has 12 grid spots ! for MP ..
    So we have 16 signed up , how many have been showing on average ?
    Do we need to change the track ? if so we need to do it now ..

3. Colin Towers

Colin Towers Pro Driver

Sorry just saw this. Welcome back :)
    In Barcelona we were 10, in LeMans only 7, but then again the summer is over now...For me it would be fine to change it just in case.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rob Milliken

Ok well lets hope for 11 ! :D
    I just did a few laps @ Knockhill ..& forgot how fun these cars are ! & this track is insane , this place rocks ! its like a rally track ..lol

• Like Like x 1
  5. Colin Towers

Colin Towers Pro Driver

Hehe, completely on the contrary for me, it's one of those tracks, like also Cadwell, Brands Hatch and some more that never clicked to me, guess it's the steep undulations and blind corners that I can't used to. So I was excited to hear you were thinking about substituting Knockhill :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rob Milliken

lol well I did not mean by any means that I am any good at it :p! its insane ! & I'm all over the place ... but fun !.. I think we need track limits OFF for this one or it will be a penalty fest ! ? Thoughts ?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright Pro Driver Broadcaster

Track limits off indeed. The penalties at Thruxton are super strict and unfair. Although, drivers will have to keep an eye out for those abusing the no penalty system so that we can file post race reports.

(just popping in here, cause Im racing the next couple of british rounds - almost as if my team didn't have the funding for the international circuits ;))

• Like Like x 2
  8. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

I prefer the penalties on as it stops me pushing that little harder :p

To be honest its not the penalties that bother me its the wally brains instantly slamming the brakes on when getting the warning to slow down when your right behind them. It means instant damage for the rest of the race.

9. Rob Milliken

Right ..after doing more testing ..if you go off at all here you can't gain anything ..at least in the 11 spots I've gone off at ….lol I did a few laps with them on and it really is not fair in the sector 1 up hill right/left chicane ..They give you xtra pavement on entry for the right hander but if you touch it (still 2 tires on track) it continued to give me a penalty :mad::eek: .. If you get it at all wrong your in the dirt so the track punishes you enough for off at this track anyway … I think we will have a better race with them off .. no un-nessary slowdowns , Like Kenny says they are a main issue in most accidents in pc2 !!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Colin Towers

Colin Towers Pro Driver

Yeah, I agree penalties are extremely bad the way they have been implemented, not only here, but in almost every track. On the other hand, they at least do not cause conflicts after the race, because who can define how much is allowed before a line is considered to "abuse" the track limits? For me it would be refreshing to race with penalties off, but I fear the discussions afterwards...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Rob Milliken

So thats it then . For this event , due to the nature of the track & the inability to gain anything by cutting anyway Track Peniltys will be OFF , but dont go crazy ! Pit lane peniltys are still on and any masive cuts that gain time or a position will be addressed after the race .

• Like Like x 2
  12. Joseph Wright

Joseph Wright Pro Driver Broadcaster

I massively apologise for missing this. I had a really bad time at work, and got home and just started drinking. Only just remembered about the event. I do massively apologise for missing it!! I really wanted to race Knockhill as well.

13. Rob Milliken

No worries Joseph , it was a great event tho ! Had a blast ! It was borderline rally cross with the up’s & downs & side by sides ! :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Roy Cop

Roy Cop Pro Driver

Too bad its on Fridays this. Would have been a good incentive to buy Pcars 2.