Race07 SRO MC WTCC

Discussion in 'Max Coates WTCC Season 1 Closed' started by Kenny Press, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Kenny Press

Kenny Press Administrator Staff Member Donator

Still no lobby so it looks as though today's Monza event will be delayed until the 20th (next Monday) Hopefully they get the lobby back up soon.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

Kenny doesn't the Race07 Dedicated server run from/through STEAM and should therefore show in the STEAM server list within STEAM itself, which it isn't?

3. Kenny Press

Yeah the dedi server is run from Steam but I have no idea who has control over the lobby, it could be an issue with Sector 3 or it could be with Steam (which would explain why its not showing in the server list)

4. Kenny Press

Lobby is still down for Race 07 so it seems like we may not get to do the final round at Monza.

5. Ken Jagger

Maybe Race07 is finally dead for online...

6. Kenny Press

It does look like the end of Race 07, still no lobby up and still no idea who runs the lobby either!

I have put the Monza event back 1 more week but this will be the last time before its cancelled which is a shame because I have got back into the buzz of Race 07.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Dionysis Faraos

Dionysis Faraos Pro Driver

There is a similar issue with rfactor 1 when the matchmaker is offline. We use the ip address of the server to join.

Is there a way for race 07 to join using the ip address?

8. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver Donator

Really bad that we can`t finish the event properly. I hope that Race07 is not dead for online yet. I wrote to Raceroom and Sector3 but I still haven't got any answer. With that said, that is not unusual for the Race07 in the last few years. Nobody responce but the server will be online at some point... I HOPE!

9. Ken Jagger

I'm not aware there is, but if anybody knows different then please tell us?

10. Kenny Press

Still no lobby for Race 07. I'm out most of the day (work) so can't get chance to try the ip address thing if its possible, have read a comment on steam it is. For now I will cancel the last event and I think we move onto something different that doesn't have issues.

I have read that Simbin are still active in the UK (thought they gone bust). Also Sector3 and RaceRoom are two different companies which I thought RR was released/made by Sector3. So you don't know who to contact about the lobby being down!

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. Kiril Kirilov

Kiril Kirilov Pro Driver Donator

The Race07 lobby is back up again. A few hours too late though :(. Maybe we can do Monza the next monday.
    I wrote to raceroom this morning again, maybe that did the trick. Not sure though because I did not get any responce.

12. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

Kenny, Can we finish this off? before moving on and lets not write of Race 07. It is still one of the best simulators for the physics of the car. I have been given the right path to go down the next time the lobby is down so hopefully they will act faster next time. They still sell the game so they have to support it.

13. Ken Jagger

Paul can you please send Kenny & myself a PM with those details so we can use them in future if necessary.

14. Paul Upham

Paul Upham Pro Driver

For anyone that would like to race I will host the final Monza race today. Practice will be at 18:00 GMT, Qualify at 19:00 and race at 19:20. I would do it at the regular time but I have happen to have a meeting at that exact time. So would not be able to make it. lol
    I will make it the same 20 min two race format. I will set the password as the normal practice password. I will label the race server as True North SRO

I just wanted to finish the season off. I would like to set up another official season of Race 07 but need to find out how to set it up through this website so I will be talking to someone on how to do that in the future.