SRO Pc2 server

Discussion in 'Project Cars 2' started by Rob Milliken, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Nigel Middleton

Nigel Middleton Administrator Staff Member Donator

Do we have a pc2 series in the making.

2. Rob Milliken

Rob Milliken Administrator Staff Member Donator

Yes & were taking the hony pot slot .. gt3’s

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Rob Milliken

All i know is it hauls Ass!!! Lol

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Ricardo Gomes

Ricardo Gomes Pro Driver

Btw, Rob, off topic,

Is there any chance you make a club event with the new dlc for rF2 before the end of November?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rob Milliken

Yes! When i get back i will see but the files are not on the server yet as they need to be purchased on the SRO steam account first!

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. John vd Geest

John vd Geest Administrator Staff Member Donator

LOL I am quickest at the Azure Coast in the Audi R8 LMS Time Trail with 06.59,900 :p

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Rob Milliken

Great time JVDG!

• Like Like x 1
  8. Rob Milliken

In Other News :
    After spending some time trying to get some form of pC2 results files it's apparent that as of now the simresults software does not even support them !! in other words we don't have any way,as of today, to get any results from pC2 :confused: ..

Maybe Mark can build on or extend the simresults soft ware some how but until then we have no way to get any results off the server other than screen shots of the final "in game" result screen ...:(
    I'm sure in the future simresults soft ware will be updated as the demand is strong .... but today we have nothing ...
    I myself as well as a few others online in the pC2 forum have tried to upload the sms_stats_data_.json files but the site simply cant open them and returns an error ...

9. John vd Geest

Bummer :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I'm not going to say another word about the developers or I'll get my head chewed off by Rob :p:rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Rob Milliken

It's ok Ken .. They are trying to build the game around there own league format where we would all singe up threw there software & that is not ready yet as well LOL ..

Also the devs have posted they are actively working on the API/DED and we should see some nice additions & fix's on the next update ..

The simresults issue is simply that simresults needs to update there program to accept the new sms_data files as they have 2xt the data the older pC1 game had so that's not on SMS ..
    There are some leagues that have super tec's that have exported the data but they had to build there own parceing program , they know how to read the {//:[wtf are the results]::///{;';'0101010\\\} stuff I have asked one of them but they don't speak English ..or any language for that matter its all tec talk ! hah ...:D

Don't forget the game is barely 2 months old ,I remember rf2 at that age was a complete mess as well so take it however you want .....

haters gona hate no matter what .. :D

12. John vd Geest

It's got my full support, because I can see the game as a lot of potential. We will get there.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Ken Jagger

Ken Jagger Administrator Staff Member Donator

I'm not a hater by any means, as I'm sure I'll buy the Sim at some time in the future when it's a sensible price for a piece of software where everything contained within it actually works and doesn't need lots of patches/fixes/additions to provide the functionality it advertises.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. John vd Geest

Project Cars 2 Azure Coast GT1 Mercedes-Benz CLK LM Worldrecord.
    By yours truly :)

• Like Like x 3
  15. Mark Hightree

Mark Hightree Administrator Staff Member Donator

Wow John. That was inspiring. I need to get back in the cockpit. Too bad about lack of results. Someone should build a plugin that would provide results in a format similar to rFactor. Yeah those genius developers can model race physics but cannot produce a result file. software developers... pffff. Losers :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. John vd Geest

LOL thanks Mark. Yeah, we're all waiting for stuff to get right so leagues can start racing. Hope it won't be too long.

17. Rob Milliken

Way to Go JVDG !! That GT1 class is nice .. I did a 30 min race online last night with it vrs the other GT1's great cars !

18. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

I've been on multiplayer several times now and have yet to find the server. There are 3 servers running Knockhill and Simracingonline isn't one of them. Am I missing something? Is there a setting that I'm unaware of to see more servers? Perplexed.

19. Rob Milliken

Hi Edward , at this time our pC2 server is in p2p mode this info is in first post .. meaning it sits empty with default setting =road cars at brands hatch no way to fix this at this time , it's just how it is for now with the DS from rack service.. the server name is SimRacingOnline if you can't find it adjust your steam/settings "in game server settings max pings" set to 5000 then all the servers will show .. on race day the server will be set up 1-2 hrs early with the proper event settings ..until then you need to set it up your self if you want to practice online, here's what to do :

First, it works like a pier to pier server so if you join it when its empty you will be the new HOST ! "first player to join becomes host"
    Default server set up : (it defaults to brands with all cars , 3 lap race , no other sessions*) When entering the server solo or as host you will need to set up the session .. to do this you use the 3 headder box's on the left from top to bottom > TRACK > RACE ->SELECT CAR - in each box you will see the edit icon as well as arrows to navigate with .
    Here is the breakdown : TRACK menu (top pannel/headdr box) from here you 1.select the track then use the arrows to <> go threw / realism settings (turn on manual pit here) & the rules ..

RACE Tab : click in this box to set up the race details then use the arrows <> to move to the sessions details -Practice & Quall - by default there are no sessions set up !!! *this has a negative effect on being able to enter the game !!! without at least a q session you will not be able to enter the game ... you will see the "WAITING FOR PLAYERS" icon and no join button this will stay in this "waiting" stage until another players joins ..It does this because there are no other session to join* .... it only has the race session and the game wont start a race until 2 or more players join .. So set up at least a Q session !!

CAR SELECT: This part of the server/ded is all messed up but in here when you enter as host you decide the cars /class that will be available to the other players . example would be "select by class" at the top & then select GT3 - then make your car selection and join the session .. the other players now should only be able to select from GT3 class but its buggy and does not always work properly so as a client joining the server that already has players on it you might have ALL the cars to choose from or you might only be able to drive the hosts car ! (this is the buggy part of the ded ) so navigate to the proper class/car for that session .. I have the API working and with a bug fix or 2 we will be able to control the car class from the back end ! For now we just have to deal with it as it is !

• Like Like x 1
  20. Edward Jones

Edward Jones Pro Driver Donator

Thanks Rob. After I changed the Steam setting I can now see the server. The racing action seems a little choppy to me, maybe I need to turn down my graphics a bit.